• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We are now a part of the official Fandom app

As long as the image is 1600x1024 pixels, it should be fine.

AKM sama said:
Think Goku and WW should still be a little closer because Goku's streched out arm makes the image a little wider.
If i do that, Goku's boot will be visible like this (don't mind the dimensions, it's just for showing the problem):

Icon4notgood

I don't really understand why the resolution is 1600x1024 when the format in mobile app's front page is akin to portrait and 1600x1024 is the landscape format. Even in the wiki's Fandom app front page the supposed square is a little bit of portrait format than the square or the landscape one, I may mistake this though.

Well, that is what Mirai Laime told us.

Okay. Thanks. I will wait for some more input first though.

The resolution for the app topic icons we use is indeed 1600x1024 pixels, for technical reasons. The background is transparent, and the character(s) on the image are usually centered in the middle, so there is white space left and right. That white space doesn't show to app viewers, but it needs to be there for the image file to work for the app. In some places in the app, the image will look like a vertical image (e.g. on the topic discovery screen), and in some places (e.g. the carrousel of your followed fandoms up top) it will appear square. That's why that format is a must.

Our Design team uses a template to make sure the characters fit properly in the middle, without elbows and hair cut off, and not taking up too much or too little space. Remember, too, that "VS BATTLES" will appear across the bottom quarter of the icon, so make sure the middle character isn't so short that his face would end up behind the letters.

Edit: Perhaps taking the current image Fandom is using and overlaying it with the one you intend to use instead would help? That way you can make sure the characters sit in the image in the right place, without taking up too much or too little space. I've included it here.

VS Battles Fandom app topic card

Okay. Thank you for the information. I suppose that Mario should be a bit bigger then.

Or we could use the jumping Mario one and place him a little bit higher exactly in the center.

Jumping Mario could also work, yes, as long as he doesn't get either too high (So he blots out WW and Goku) or too low (So the text blots out him instead).

I see... Thank you for the information, Mira Laime.

Well, I still think that DCEU Wonder Woman needs to be put to represent movies.

I personally think that the comicbook Wonder Woman image looks better, but that is me.

Okay. We kind of need to rush things up because we're running out of 500 posts limit :p

We still have 108 posts to go, but if we are in danger of running out, you can create a continuation thread.

I've made the image with Super Saiyan Blue 4 SSB4 Mario and the image with the jumping Mario. Now it's up to you guys to choose, personally, i prefer the first one:

FinalIcon1-1
FinalIcon2-1

I also like the first one best.

I think that you can make jumping Mario bigger.

Remember to compare with Mira's reference image.

Consideirng Mickey would be about half of the size of Mario, I think he could fit at the side of Goku or Mario while also being in the air if you ask me.

Here is a picture that could fit for such purpose.

I haven't done anything productive today... Well, I'll go with The Foolish Omniscient Guy's latest image that he made there. Note that there are some uncropped white edges, quite a bit of them are only visible at full resolution, on the used renders.

This is how it'll look with the #0b6bae color background.
Wellthisisnotokay

I think that both of the images below look good.

Should we send them both to Fandom and tell them that we prefer the first one with standing Mario, but that they can use the other one if it works better?

FinalIcon1-1
FinalIcon2-2

@Skalt711

Could you deal with the white edges for me please if necessary. I'm quite tired right now

Edit: Didn't Mirai Laime said that the background must be transparent?

@Ant

I still prefer the first one

@Antvasima

You can try sending these images to Fandom staff and if they will reject them because of the white edges/halo, I'll try to crop them with the highest possible quality.

@The Foolish Omniscient Guy

Thanks for doing my job :p, you really can be Images Helper this time!

Okay. I will submit the images and mention that you can fix them if necessary.

Fine by me at this point. But it should still be kept in mind, as again, he is easily the best one to portray cartoons, put clear that stuff that "can be taken as a joke" is avaiable and also increase the appeal to the demographics, once again.

I am curious as to how jumping Mario would look like behind Goku and WW at the top, just like how Sailor Moon is in fandom's original image.

Back