• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

W.I.T.C.H. Discussion Thread

I'm very interested in how they'll differ
From what I can remember they'll have a few different abilities and feats.
Also, maybe it's just me, but I feel like Taranee's cartoon voice never fit the character. She wasn't what I'd call shy, but her comic version always gave off the impression of being softer spoken and less excitable as the other Guardians. So for her to be a little more loud in the cartoon always threw me off guard

EDIT: Note that I am referring to the English dub
This is true. She's only loud in the comics when pushed to her anger point. She was definitely soft spoken and less excited especially when it came to Hay Lin.

Just a heads up, the next W.I.T.C.H. Volume part gets released tomorrow so I'm going to order it. So expect revisions depending on what happens in it.

Got the next volume, and so far it's good. Will has the power to create an invisibility bubble (already capable of doing this but this time it's on another object instead of herself), she created an intangibility cube so anything inside it can't be touched, and she created a sound dampening cone around an object as well.

Also, all Guardians have solid resistance to Fate Manipulation because the next villain couldn't manipulate their destinies.

There is a possible immeasurable speed feat from Santa Claus but it isn't something capable of being scaled at this moment. Will make a thread about all this when I'm done reading the volume.

Got the next volume, and so far it's good. Will has the power to create an invisibility bubble (already capable of doing this but this time it's on another object instead of herself), she created an intangibility cube so anything inside it can't be touched, and she created a sound dampening cone around an object as well.

Also, all Guardians have solid resistance to Fate Manipulation because the next villain couldn't manipulate their destinies.

There is a possible immeasurable speed feat from Santa Claus but it isn't something capable of being scaled at this moment. Will make a thread about all this when I'm done reading the volume.
You know as an italian Who has great pride in our (few) comics, It makes me really Happy you are liking W.I.T.C.H.

I made a page for the Heart of Kandrakar a while ago, and I'm also working on a profile for the W.I.T.C.H. team since team profiles are a thing now and they've been a team since the beginning.

I haven't forgotten about animated series profiles, I've just been really busy but I'm still working on them.

Here's the Team profile for the Guardians.

I did a calc for Nihila's fate threads moving from space to Earth quickly. It's a massive low ball since it's clear that the Black Star was shown to be much farther from Earth but I didn't have much to go off of for the exact distance. It's still an upgrade in reaction speed.

I did a calc for Nihila's fate threads moving from space to Earth quickly. It's a massive low ball since it's clear that the Black Star was shown to be much farther from Earth but I didn't have much to go off of for the exact distance. It's still an upgrade in reaction speed.

So I'm usually against using High balled feats and often prefers to use lowballs. But still, 100km seems too much of a lowballs. I'd probably use the distanze from the Earth to the moon

So I'm usually against using High balled feats and often prefers to use lowballs. But still, 100km seems too much of a lowballs. I'd probably use the distanze from the Earth to the moon
You are actually correct. I do agree and did admit in the calc it was a massive lowball.

In Chapter 106: Zodiac (Page 55)

Whe Nihila was stealing the Zodiac signs, we can clearly see she's far from the Earth and has yet to reach back to the Black Star.

In Chapter 107: It Was Fate (Page 136)

We can see the girls transporting themselves and the Zodiac signs back to Earth and they are clearly shown an interplanetary distance like the other planets.

So yeah, I think the assumption of it being at least the distance of the moon should be fair. I'll update the calc

She isn't strong physically but she's got hax and her Ragorlang is a beast.

Episode 5: A Service to the Community

Caleb talked about the infinite city which is located underneath the surface of the planet Meridian.

"No one knows who built the Infinite City, in 4,000 years, no ones found an end to it in any direction."

If we go off the city's name, that would mean the planet Meridian would be infinite in size and no one has found an end to it. However the name seems like hyperbole and just because they haven't found an end in 4,000 doesn't mean there isn't one.

However using this knowledge we could get an actual size of how big Meridian actual is.

According to this information it states that at the average walking speed of 3 miles per hour, it would take 8300 hours or 345 days to cross the Earth on foot.

Going by Caleb's statement that in 4,000 years they still haven't found an end to the city...

4000 years = 1,460,000 days or 35,040,000 hours

35040000 hrs / 3 mph (average human walking speed) = 105,120,000 miles

105,120,000 miles (Infinite City) / 24,902 miles (Earth's Circumference) = 4,221.347682917

So the Infinite City and thus Meridian is about 4,221+ times bigger than Earth at minimum if i did the math correctly which is unlikely since I don't do stuff like this but if someone could check it that would be good.

Episode 5: A Service to the Community

Caleb talked about the infinite city which is located underneath the surface of the planet Meridian.

"No one knows who built the Infinite City, in 4,000 years, no ones found an end to it in any direction."

If we go off the city's name, that would mean the planet Meridian would be infinite in size and no one has found an end to it. However the name seems like hyperbole and just because they haven't found an end in 4,000 doesn't mean there isn't one.

However using this knowledge we could get an actual size of how big Meridian actual is.

According to this information it states that at the average walking speed of 3 miles per hour, it would take 8300 hours or 345 days to cross the Earth on foot.

Going by Caleb's statement that in 4,000 years they still haven't found an end to the city...

4000 years = 1,460,000 days or 35,040,000 hours

35040000 hrs / 3 mph (average human walking speed) = 105,120,000 miles

105,120,000 miles (Infinite City) / 24,902 miles (Earth's Circumference) = 4,221.347682917

So the Infinite City and thus Meridian is about 4,221+ times bigger than Earth at minimum if i did the math correctly which is unlikely since I don't do stuff like this but if someone could check it that would be good.
It does seem a bit weird onestly, expecially since It kinda makes the assumption that when a person eventually dies the other Person start searching in the exact same Place he left.

It does seem a bit weird onestly, expecially since It kinda makes the assumption that when a person eventually dies the other Person start searching in the exact same Place he left.
Yes, that calc is assuming the individuals walked at a steady pace in a single direction. So this is an absolute high ball calc. I'm not sure what's the best assumption for a low ball

Yes, that calc is assuming the individuals walked at a steady pace in a single direction. So this is an absolute high ball calc. I'm not sure what's the best assumption for a low ball
Low balling would be to consider Meridian as big as earth, sine the girls walk fine on It even in base form. I know it's not iron evidence, but eh

My copy of the latest volume of the graphic novel came in. I just need to go pick it up after work. Depending on what happens in it, I might make the infinite speed revisions for the Guardians at full power. Wanna make sure there aren't any contradictions and while there is still one more volume after the one I'm about to get, I doubt too much will change but will see.

Literally only a just started reading the new volume and they give us further justification for infinite speed... I'll definitely be doing a thread for that soon.

Taranee also did something cool with her abilities but that will be a separate thread as well.

I forgot to mention that the addition of the animated series profiles has been put on hold due to another verse I'm knowledgeable on being suggested for deletion due to poor quality profiles. So I'm currently working on that verse right now but I'm almost done.

I've also pre ordered the final volume of the series which drops late this month so potential revisions will be made obviously.

I forgot to mention that the addition of the animated series profiles has been put on hold due to another verse I'm knowledgeable on being suggested for deletion due to poor quality profiles. So I'm currently working on that verse right now but I'm almost done.

I've also pre ordered the final volume of the series which drops late this month so potential revisions will be made obviously.
We're in the endgame now...

Animated Series Update: I've finished Season 1 and have catalogued powers and abilities, feats, and scans for the characters as well as references. I'll be moving on to Season 2 now.

For the profiles, I'll be starting off with the Guardians (obviously), Cedric, Phobos, Elyon, and Narrisa.

Well the animated series has a High 3-A Cosmology, and a High 3-A feat from the council.

They created the Veil and could lower it. The Veil covers the infinite dimensions which all have separate space as I'll explain all below.

Infinite Dimensions/The Veil

In season 2, episode "B is for Betrayal", we gain more information about the size of the verse from various characters.

1. One of the wise men of Kandrakar explains to the Guardians about Kandrakar itself and more, stating...

"Come now, the fortress at the heart of infinity awaits."

The same character and another later states this when explaining the Aurameres to the Guardians...

"The Aurameres, and this is Luba, keeper of the Auramer globs, the source of all Guardian magic."

"The Aurameres transmit Kandrakar's mystic energy across the dimensions to the Heart and to the Guardians."

This tells us that Kandrakar is at the center of infinity and that it's energy is sent through the dimensions to reach the Heart of Kandrakar.

2. The Oracle (who is stated to have great wisdom) states that their are Infinite dimensions.

"From time immemorial, it has been the councils task to protect the infinite dimensions. But thirteen years ago, Prince Phobos came to power, the threat he possed was so grave, we were forced to quarantine Maridian from the other worlds to prevent the spread of his evil. And so, the Veil was rasied."

This is direct proof that the W.I.T.C.H. animated series has a cosmology that is infinite in size due to having infinite dimensions.

3. These dimensions are not just planetary in size.

When the Guardians first reach Kandrakar, you can see everything is purple and this short conversation about it from Hay Lin and her Grandmother states...

"Hay Lin: But, what's with all the purple?"

"Yan Lin: It's the Veil, up close and personal."

So it's clear that people can outright see the Veil, however, in the previous episode "A is for Anonymous", we see Maridian before the Veil is dropped and we see stars clearly and their is no purple barrier so this means more than just the planet is covered by the Veil, it's the entire dimension. Even during the day, we didn't see the purple barrier so it's pretty obvious it's not just the planet.

4. The Veil spreads out across infinite space.

As shown, the Veil doesn't just cover only Maridian's dimension. It is directly shown to be around Kandrakar as well which I've already proven is at the center of the Infinite Dimensions. This means that it is spread across the infinite dimensions so Phobos couldn't reach any of them, which makes the Veil an infinite size construct.

5. The Infinite Dimensions are all separate space.

We learn the the dimensions are each have separate space as stated by the Oracle.

"Taranee: Um... just one tinsy winsy glitch. When the Veil went poof, didn't all the portals poor with it?"

"Oracle: The Veil's passing opens up the old ways of traversing dimensions, Mage."

The Mage then creates what is known as a "fold in space" that lead to Maridian. So its pretty clear the dimensions are all have separate space.

The reason 2-A isn't on the table yet is because we need evidence that the dimensions are separate space and time. But currently the verse is High 3-A and has a High 3-A feat which can potentially scale if the Guardians are stated to be stronger than the council.

Edit

In the very next episode "C is for Changes" it gives us potential scaling for the Guardians to reach High 3-A at full power. The Guardians powers gain an increase after they left Kandrakar and they have this conversation about it...

"Irma: What's with our powers? There way stronger. Hello, I just made an indoor pool without even trying."

"Corneila: Tell me about it. Mine have been messed up since Kandrakar."

"Taranee: Kandrakar, that's it! Conservation of energy."

"Irma: Uh, non braniac definition please."

"Taranee: When we were in Kandrakar, the council lowered the Veil. All the mystic energy that was used to maintain it had to go somewhere. So it flowed back into the Heart of Kandrakar and each of our Aurameres."

Since it's established that the Veil is infinite in size, it would require infinite energy to maintain it. Plus we have this statement from the previous episode "B is for Betrayal" from the council members.

"The Aurameres, and this is Luba, keeper of the Oromer globs, the source of all Guardian magic."

"The Aurameres transmit Kandrakar's mystic energy across the dimensions to the Heart and to the Guardians."

This should be enough for a possible High 3-A rating at their full power. It being an outlier is likely out of the question as just like in the comics, it was established in season 1, episode "Mudslugs" that the Guardians are not at their strongest unless their unitied and if their at odds their power is greatly diminished. We also haven't seen them at full power yet (which I don't think happens until the last episode of season 2) so they really don't have any anti feats.

Last edited:
Very surprised there's evidence of the cartoon hitting similar tiers as the comics. Especially given the comics are very lore heavy

Also, Griffin. I wanted to ask how you thought the cartoon versions of the Guardians compare to their original counterparts character wise. I only kinda briefly touched on that when discussing Taranee's VA

Very surprised there's evidence of the cartoon hitting similar tiers as the comics. Especially given the comics are very lore heavy
Yeah, in the very next episode "C is for Changes" it gives us potential scaling for the Guardians to reach High 3-A at full power. The Guardians powers gain an increase after they left Kandrakar and they have this conversation about it...

"Irma: What's with our powers? There way stronger. Hello, I just made an indoor pool without even trying."

"Corneila: Tell me about it. Mine have been messed up since Kandrakar."

"Taranee: Kandrakar, that's it! Conservation of energy."

"Irma: Uh, non brainiac definition please."

"Taranee: When we were in Kandrakar, the council lowered the Veil. All the mystic energy that was used to maintain it had to go somewhere. So it flowed back into the Heart of Kandrakar and each of our Aurameres."

Since it's established that the Veil is infinite in size, it would require infinite energy to maintain it. Plus we have this statement from the previous episode "B is for Betrayal" from the council members.

"The Aurameres, and this is Luba, keeper of the Auramer globs, the source of all Guardian magic."

This should be enough for a possible High 3-A rating at their full power. It being an outlier is likely out of the question as just like in the comics, it was established in season 1, episode "Mudslugs" that the Guardians are not at their strongest unless their unitied and if their at odds their power is greatly diminished. We also haven't seen them at full power yet (which I don't think happens until the last episode of season 2) so they really don't have any anti feats.

Also, Griffin. I wanted to ask how you thought the cartoon versions of the Guardians compare to their original counterparts character wise. I only kinda briefly touched on that when discussing Taranee's VA
The girls each are similar to their comic counterparts but different (more for some)

Taranee

Taranee in the comics is a good student who gets good grades and is considered one of the smart members of the team and isn't really shy or afraid of much.

However, in the animated series, she is still a good student who gets good grades and is treated as a smart person, but she's treated as soft spoken, and is afraid of heights and fire which isn't the case in the comics.

Cornelia Hale

For Corneila, in the comics she's not your typical girly girl princess, she's actually intelligent and is cool with having magic. She also became quick friends with Will and while they butted heads with each other after Taranee go kidnapped, it was quickly resolved.

In the animated series however, Corneila is a princess type, caring majority about herself and disliked Will the moment they meet and gets angry at her because Caleb was taken by Cedric but neither of them did anything because of fear, in the next episode she even suggested they shouldn't go after her when she got captured. She seems far more overconfident than her comic counterpart.

I'll talk about the other girls when I get the chance but they share some similarities, especially Irma and Hay Lin.

Well, I believe I found evidence that the dimensions in the animated series have separate time flows.

In episode 16 "P is for Protectors", we are told that the dimensions have different time flows.

Yan Lin: "Only Kadma and I remain."

Irma: "Kadma, right... and, who's she again?"

Yan Lin: "The former Guardian of Earth. She's on Zembala now."

Irma: "Zembala, right... and where is that again?"[/]

Yan Lin: "Zembala, the purple planet an other dimensional jungle world."

When the Guardians and Yan Lin reach Zembala they have this conversation...

Will: "Wasn't it night back home?"

Yan Lin: "Twelve hour time difference. You can get a real case of fold lag."

So yeah, the dimensions don't share the same time flow. This puts "possibly 2-A" for the W.I.T.C.H. animated cosmology up for debate.

Back