• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

W.I.T.C.H. (Animated Series) Quintessence = Real Lightning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Here is the first revision thread for the W.I.T.C.H. animated series, and the reason I'm doing this now is because it effects the future profiles.

In the animated series, Will gains the fifth element known as Quintessence (Narrisa has this element as well). It visually looks and sounds like electricity/lightning and thus potentially can be used for calculating speed feats like this, this, and this. However, we need to decide if Quintessence can be considered real lighting first.

Evidence

Visual Appearance

As I've already stated, Quintessence has the visual appearance of electricity/lighting as shown when Narrisa first used it in the first episode of season 2, "A is for Anonymous".

It's the same when Will first used it in the fourth episode of season 2, "D is for Dangerous". In that episode, and previous ones, we even see Will generate static electricity from her body

Statements

When she first displays Quintessence against the Annihilators in "D is for Dangerous", Will and Matt state this...

Will: "Did I just...?"

Matt: "Shoot lightning! Yeah. It explains why your so staticy, I guess.

In the episode "I is for Illusion", Narrisa uses Quintessence and shoots it at Irma, and Will states...

Will: "She's got my lightning power!?"

In the the episode "K is for Knowledge", we get information about Quintessence...

Taranee: "Quintessence, the fifth element. The ancient sages described it exactly like electricity, they believed it could be found in lighting, but they also called it the stuff of life, like bio electricity. Quintessence has the power to make stuff come alive."

Hay Lin: "Kind of like Docter Frankenstein."

Will: "Kind of like me, throwing lightning bolts, talking toasters. My power, sounds exactly like Quintessence."

So you see, it is described as electricity and lighting. During Taranee's explanation, it shows us Narrisa using it and lighting appeared.

Feats

In the episode "G is for Garbage", Will's Quintessence conducted through Irma's water giant.

Anti-Feats

The only real issue is that Quintessence has hax abilities that real lightning doesn't such as deconstruction/transmutation as shown here (This is more of just using the heat from the electricity, not deconstruction/transmutation) and bringing inanimate objects to life to attack others. Now these aren't it's default effects but it puts into question if it should be accepted or not.

So, thoughts?

Last edited:
The description alone make a solid case for it imo but Narissa causing lightning to appear during a storm that doesn’t originate from her own hands is more than enough proof it’s just straight up lightning. Agree.

What is real lightning?
  • Lightning that has demonstrated at a minimum a few properties that real lightning has, and significantly less properties that lightning shouldn't have, can be considered real. Some examples of favourable properties are: making muscles of affected beings contract, having an (electro)magnetic field, being shown to actually move with a speed similar to lightning, flowing through conducting materials, the character being able to manipulate real electricity or electromagnetism in general, generating ozone or causing electrolysis.

Making muscles of affected beings contract
Check

having an (electro)magnetic field
Check

flowing through conducting materials
Check

I agree with it being real Lightning.

That doesn’t appear to be Hax. That looks like using the heat of Electricity to melt iron bars.
Now that I think about it that actually makes more sense. Though the melted slag was still moved on it's own and shaped itself on Cyclops arm after she used Quintessence on it.

It could be an ability of the Cyclops’ but I don’t know his story.
Doubtful. He's just a normal Cyclops that got his had cut off when he stuck it trough a portal and it closed on him. They locked him up and he's been waiting their until Narrisa (The old lady) used Quintessence to craft him that new "arm".

Does having 2 supernaturals features really negg the quintessence being lightnig? Enel's electricity can manipulate gold, flow through an isolator like wood, originates from his devil fruit; yet it's still lightning speed.

Last edited:
Using his electricity to super heat Gold to make it malleable is not unbelievable. Electricity is very hot and the energy Enel was using could turn Gold into liquid. Whats unbelievable, for me, is how rapid it can cold. Or Luffy can neg Electricity that strong for because he is rubber, cause again, its very hot.

Last edited:
Melting is 1 thing, but controlling the gold's shape to create a perfect sphere is sth normal electricity doesn't do on its own. Yeah that solidification was pretty wierd too.

Does having 2 supernaturals features really negg the quintessence being lightnig? Enel's electricity can manipulate gold, flow through an isolator like wood, originates from his devil fruit; yet it's still lightning speed.
I wouldn't say the 2 properties negate it being legit. I added them because it would be wrong to not include potential arguments regarding something like this. It's up to use to decide whether it's legit or not and to do that, all evidence must be accounted for even if it doesn't change the outcome.

Melting is 1 thing, but controlling the gold's shape to create a perfect sphere is sth normal electricity doesn't do on its own. Yeah that solidification was pretty wierd too.

Not a One Piece supporter, but Enel's "magic" ability fruit could allow Enel to control the energy/heat currents of his electric devil fruit to form shapes. He has the ability to control the shape of his own body being a Logia made of Electricity ex. his final form.

I wouldn't say the 2 properties negate it being legit. I added them because it would be wrong to not include potential arguments regarding something like this. It's up to use to decide whether it's legit or not and to do that, all evidence must be accounted for even if it doesn't change the outcome.
Aha ok, just playing it safe & considering everything.
Not a One Piece supporter, but Enel's "magic" ability fruit could allow Enel to control the energy/heat currents of his electric devil fruit to form shapes.
So he can manipulate byproducts of his electricty like the heat waves, yeah now it makes sense. He did this with the light of his electricity too.

This should be fine now so I'm going to ask for the feats to be calculated on the request thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back