• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

W.I.T.C.H. Upgrades (Lifting Strength + Speed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I made to calcs and both have been evaluated and accepted. Please note that both of these calculations are low balled and thus the characters would get an At least.

Lifting Strength

I did a small calculation for Will and Corneila lifting one side of a plane. The results came up to a tiny bit over Class 50.

Since we know the girls power Varies and we know their full power scales to infinite, this feat will scale to their lower end power for their third key.

Varies, at least Class 50 (Used her magical energy to hold up one side of a plane to stabilize it), up to Infinite with magic

Speed

I did a calc for Nihila's fate threads going from the Dark Star to Earth and the accepted Mid End got Relativistic results. This was still considered a low ball so it is At least Relativistic.

However the calc member was unsure if it scaled to reaction speed.

"Mind you I dunno if this qualifies for reacting, you only see them after the threads are around them, so I'd say not tbh."

This is valid. Due to it not being an animation, it's hard to determine if they properly reacted or not. With that said, let's take a look and see if we could determine if they did.

In the scan, you can see Will with her head turned behind her looking up at the direction the thread came from, meaning she was able to turn her head around and look before the thread fully caught her. You can also see Corneila looking down at her's before it fully wrapped around her. If you look to the right page in the same scan, you can see the girls in their Guardian forms being pulled to the Dark Star. This would indicate that they could somewhat react to the threads and transform before being pulled off.

The reason I say they transformed before being pulled off is because in the previous arc Teach 2b W.I.T.C.H., they go into detail about speed and the relationship on how it would effect them.

In Part VIII. Teach 2b W.I.T.C.H. Volume 3. Chapter 97: The Magic of the World. Will passes out due to moving at Supersonic speeds without being prepared.

Page 133

No! I'm not gonna sit down, and I'm not gonna keep quiet. I...
...I'm not....

Page 134

What...what happened?

I told you - you should've sat down.

Yeah! It's better to sit when traveling at supersonic speed.

Supersonic speed? Going where?

So as we clearly see, since Will was unprepared and was moved at supersonic speed, she passed out instantly. So in the case of the threads, the girls were on guard but didn't know what they were going to do, and they would have passed out as soon as the Relativistic threads pulled them. However in the scan we see they are conscious and in Guardian form.

This means the girls would have had to react to the threads and consciously transform before being pulled off to the Dark Star otherwise they would have been unconscious the whole trip and in human form, plus the threads have no reason to slow down. If this still isn't enough solid justification for scaling, I could see possibly Relativistic reaction speed unless it's not enough in general. Thoughts?

Though waiting for more approvals is welcome, I think the thread got enough approvals to apply the changes.
Fair enough, the calcs are acceptad as well so I guess I'll go ahead and update the profiles. Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back