• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

W.I.T.C.H. Infinite Lifting Strength Upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Another W.i.t.c.h revision, yeah!

As the title states, this thread will attempt to update the strongest characters to infinite Lifting Strength, let's get to it.

The Feat

In Part VII. New Power (Volume 3) The Oracle (Yan Lin) lifts infinite weight.

Context

After the girls defeat the Dark Mother, they needed to return to Kandrakar because the roots created by the Dark Mother's tree threatened to cause Kandrakar to fall.

Chapter 86: The Heart of it All

Yan Lin explains what's happening...

Page 199

"The roots of the dark tree are wrapped around the base!"

Page 200

"It's a suspension cable! Look!

The cables start from the anchoring base, pass through the eternal clouds...

...and reach the rings attached to the mystical stones! Those stones bear the weight of the Fortress."

Alright, so we are told that the suspension cables connect the base of the Fortress of Kandrakar to the magic stones that support It's weight. The Dark Tree was snapping each cable in an attempt to make the Fortress fall.

The girls blast the roots and free the base but the last suspension cable snapped. However the girls managed to connect the new cables created from their bracelets to the base and save the Fortress.

Page 206

"The base is free! We gotta attach the cables before... SNAAAP"

Page 207

"The ensuing events are a bit blurry...

"I remember seeing a huge shadow falling towards me...

"...and the girls fearlessly hurtling towards the sky!

"They must've managed to attach the cables to the anchoring base, because I had a vision...

"...five new suspension cables generated by W.I.T.C.H.'s five powers, holding the Fortress up and granting it a new lease on life!"

So the girls managed to save the day however, they only managed to make it in time because Yan Lin actually held the Fortress up with her mind unknowingly, which he are told on the next page.

Page 208

"As for the girls, they are fine and managed to accomplish their mission...

...but only because you were holding up the whole Fortress with the power of your mind."

Page 209

"Yes, the effort made you lose consciousness, so here you are."

"That's not possible! Such an accomplishment could only be made by..."

"...an Oracle? But that is exactly what you have become, Yan Lin..."

So it's directly stated that Yan Lin (An Oracle), held up the entire Fortress of Kandrakar so the girls could attach the cables in time.

Lifting the Fortress of Kandrakar

If you've read my blog on the cosmology of W.I.T.C.H. you would know why this is an infinite Lifting Strength feat for lifing the Fortress of Kandrakar.

Here is the blog but to keep things simple. The Fortress is home to the members of the congregation, and each member has a room in the Fortress known as a memory vault. Each memory vault can hold infinite memories for their infinite lifespan which means they are infinite in size... which means Yan Lin held up a structure that contained multiple infinite sized rooms within.

This is a blatant infinite Lifting Strength feat from what I can tell.

Who Scales?

Why does it scale?

Some would say this doesn't scale to anyone since it was done via her mind but those who know the W.I.T.C.H. verse knows that mental power is apart of them using their magic.

Examples:

The Oracle and other members of the congregation meditated when they stopped the 1000 universes from collapsing.

Narrisa focused when corrupting the Fortress of Kandrakar.

The Guardians power is effected by their mental and spiritual unity.

When the Guardians combined their power to create a being to fight the Dark Mother. It was stated to be them in body and mind.

Mental power is just standard stuff for the verse so this means anyone more powerful than the Oracle can achieve the same feat when using their magic.

Characters that scale?

Elyon: The Oracle outright fears her power.

Nerissa (With the Heart of Kandrakar): Is more powerful than the Oracle.

Dark Mother: She outright restrained the Oracle and he couldn't break free.

Will Vandom (and the other for Guardians): There full power comes from being amplified by the Heart of Kandrakar which is superior to the Oracle. And their New Power is above that of the Dark Mother.

Hmmm …. are those glowy balls the memories? If so, they have a physical presence and I agree with the OP.
Yes the bubbles and everything else in the memory vaults are the physical presence of the memories from what we're shown.

When Yan Lin talk the the girls about Nerissa killing Cassidy and erasing her from existence, one of the bubbles pop, and when she talks about her being sealed under Mt. Thanos you can see the volcano (mt thanos) image on the wall. The same thing happens when she talks about Nerissa's tomb, we can see it on the wall of the Memory Vault. Her memory vault also contains countless books/objects as well.

So yes, the bubbles, books/objects, and even the walls of the memory vaults are used to preserve the memories of the members of the congregation. Since they have an infinite life and thus infinite memories, the memory vaults would need to be infinite size and thus infinite weight since the rooms have a structure (walls/floor). There is also statements about the Fortress having "endless stairways".

This should be enough support so I'll close this and update the pages. Thanks to everyone that commented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back