• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

W.I.T.C.H. Guardians Resistance to Fate Manipulation + Some Ability Additions from Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Resistance to Fate Manipulation

With the release of the new volume it's time for the girls to get some resistance to Fate Manipulation.

Part IX. 100% W.I.T.C.H. Volume 2

The girls go up against a new threat, a sorceress named Nihila, the queen of the loom.

Chapter 106: Zodiac

Page 72

"Nihila used a mighty loom.
"Countless were the threads she wove as she pleased.
"Each thread held the destiny of one of her subjects...
"...and she wove their future, depicting on the cloth of time."

Page 73

So...she chose the fates of all her citizens?
That's Right!
"She depicted fire...
"...and fire came."

Page 74

"She depicted destruction...
"...and war came...
"She trapped the Zodiac signs and ruled over them.
"Whether people were born under Aries or Pisces, they were all her servants. She decided what would happen to them."

So we are told and shown that Nihila controls the fate of those born under any of the signs of the Zodiac. Will assumed she was being manipulated because she was wearing white like every else. However, we are told the Guardians are immune to her Fate Manipulation.

Page 78

I was dressed in white too, like loads of others... "Her influence over you isn't strong. Your magic protects you But Nihila knows that, so she wove dangers around you."

So we are told she can't effect them and has to do it indirectly, for example see right below...

Page 79

We see a a cable snap and almost hit Corneila but she's saved by Will and the guy says it wasn't his fault, the cable snapped out of the blue.

So she can't control their destiny directly but she can effect things around them that would get them indirectly.

Chapter 107: It Was Fate

It's even stated by Nihila herself that they are immune.

Page 94

You're talking to the immune-the magic ones!

She was talking to Yan Lin, who was talking to the Guardians telepathically.

So yeah, the girls should have resistance to fate manipulation as it's right in our faces. However I know someone might argue this is just a weakness for her fate hax being unable to work on magic users?...

No, because we see in the previous chapter that her fate hax works on Will's little brother William, who is magic! Will had to save him so no the argument that Nihila's fate hax isn't effective on magic users is not usable.

Conclusion

Resistance to Fate Manipulation (The Guardians magic protects them from Nihila's loom which allows her to control the fates of anyone born under the Zodiac signs)

Will Additions

Will should have an update to her invisibility, sound manipulation, and she should get intangibility and fragrance manipulation!

Chapter 106: Zodiac

Will and the others wanted to protect the younger generation of magic users from Nihila's power so she creates an invisibility bubble, cube of intangibility, a sound dampening cone, and an oil and garlic spell around the W.I.T.C.H. vane.

Page 87

I'm scared, Will
Don't worry! I'll surround the magic school win an invisibility bubble...
Not bad
But we also need a cone of intangibility.
Good! And what about a sound-deading cone?

Page 88

There! Now she can't see, touch, or hear the van!
But she can smell it around! An oil 'n' garlic spell will keep away any evil entity.
If you say so...
Sniff! Honestly, it just makes me hungry...

Conclusion

So yeah, Will made it so Nihila couldn't see, touch, hear, or smell the van so these should be added to her profile.

I also think the girls pages should be changed with the new suggestion from this thread so it would look more presentable. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Tho, Sound dampening Cone, could it resistance sound from outside?
I believe it's only made to stop those on the outside of it from hearing what's on the inside of the dampening cone. As they were trying to make it so the bad guy couldn't hear them. I don't believe it blocks sounds from outside getting in.

Almost forgot about this. Since it's accepted, I'll add it to the profiles and close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back