• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

???% vs Tohru (7-0-0) GRACE ENDED

Madotsuki24 said:
But that's not what Death Battle says! xD
Because reliable WoG doesn't make for a long and entertaining video. And the fight would become pretty cut and dry which definitely doesn't look cool! Seriously, they really irked me with that match even though I knew exactly where it was going.

Anyway, sorry for the mini-rant.

Tatsumaki won that death battle because they only used actual feats, disregarding ONE's claim.

In that format Tatsumaki wins.

Phoenks said:
Tatsumaki won that death battle because they only used actual feats, disregarding ONE's claim.
I mean, I'm pretty sure I could find some unusable MP100 feats to "bump" ???% to Tier 6 (the atmosphere absorption feat, nuking the astral world etc.) but you're right about that format being favorable to Tatsumaki though.

he was tier 6 in the death battle do to a cloud feat they calculated.

I think he was at ~30 Gigatons for the Death Battle

Still wayyyy lower than Tatsumaki

Planck69 said:
Phoenks said:
I mean, I'm pretty sure I could find some unusable MP100 feats to "bump" ???% to Tier 6 (the atmosphere absorption feat, nuking the astral world etc.) but you're right about that format being favorable to Tatsumaki though.
I have already done calc regarding this here https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:NikHelton/Mob_Psycho_anime_feat

You can check it out if you want. However, there was no calculation with the absorption of the atmosphere.

Phoenks said:
he was tier 6 in the death battle do to a cloud feat they calculated.
I think he was at ~30 Gigatons for the Death Battle

Still wayyyy lower than Tatsumaki
Huh. Nuking the mental plane yields 129 Gigatons IIRC and I don't really know about the absorption feats' yield but neither of seem usable anyway so I guess you have a point.

Planck69 said:
Yes Schmuck, I was serious.
Planck69 said:
Anyone else realize that Tohru is losing to both of ONE's strongest espers at the same time.
As if any more evidence was needed that this shit is spite.

I deliberately say to stop making such obviously one-sided Tohru matches, then you go and pull this. Seriously, go **** yourself.

Yo, I recommend that you go a drink a really, really big cup of warm milk

Arrogant Schmuck said:
As if any more evidence was needed that this shit is spite.

I deliberately say to stop making such obviously one-sided Tohru matches, then you go and pull this. Seriously, go **** yourself.
I hope you realize that I was joking in those posts. Honestly, I'd been thinking to do this match for a while since it was never concluded the first time and around and the Tatsumaki thread reminded me to get around to doing it. I certainly don't think this is a stomp or spite(decisive maybe but if not for LS this would be in Tohru's favor by a huge margin).

But I'll apologize if I got too callous with my comments though.

Phoenks said:
Yo, I recommend that you go a drink a really, really big cup of warm milk
And I recommend you not try and patronize people who are already pissed off enough.

There is nothing "close" or "fair" about this. Tohru can do nothing in this fight. Nothing at all. All of her attacks get absorbed or negged by his resistances. The only way she can win is if he were to literally sit there and do nothing. On what planet is it considered fair, much less a "notable victory," when the only wincon a character has depends on the other character acting 100% out of character?

Arrogant Schmuck said:
And I recommend you not try and patronize people who are already pissed off enough.

There is nothing "close" or "fair" about this. Tohru can do nothing in this fight. Nothing at all. All of her attacks get absorbed or negged by his resistances. The only way she can win is if he were to literally sit there and do nothing. On what planet is it considered fair, much less a "notable victory," when the only wincon a character has depends on the other character acting 100% out of character?
Actually I think it was decided on the first thread that ???% wouldn't really be able to absorb Tohru's magic. She also has sensory manipulation, not to mention higher physical statistics (bar speed and LS), greater range and BFR as well as unlimited stamina. Mob also wouldn't immediately open with telekinetically ripping her apart and would most likely blast her with blunt force or psychic energy, giving Tohru a small window to use what abilities could affect him.

And dude, please calm down. I get that you're pissed off at me but the others are just trying to keep this civil.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Isn't immediate BFR in-character for Tohru?
Of course. However Mob's levitation means that she'd have to blast him into a portal which would prove pretty difficult.

Planck69 said:
Actually I think it was decided on the first thread that ???% wouldn't really be able to absorb Tohru's magic.
He can, however, absorb all her fire and energy attacks.

She also has sensory manipulation,

Which, according to Dargoo in the first thread, wouldn't work on Mob.

greater range and BFR

Which would be impossible to use on Mob since he's levitating and she can't force him into it because she has lower lifting strength.

And dude, please calm down. I get that you're pissed off at me but the others are just trying to keep this civil.

No, they're creating the illusion of doing so. Contrary to popular belief, passive-aggression and patronizing does the opposite of keeping things civil.

giving Tohru a small window to use what abilities could affect him.

Which is exactly zero of them, making this ludicrously one-sided, if not an outright stomp.

All valid points I guess. Tohru also has teleportation and memory manipulation so a possible scenario for victory I see is her teleporting away from his line-of-sight and messing with his mind and I just now realized that ???% resists both that and curse manipulation, dammit. Would her invisibility allow her to catch Mob by surprise and push him through a portal?

>Would her invisibility allow her to catch Mob by surprise and push him through a portal?

No. Mob can easily sense her. Invisibility is nothing new to him.

SpookyShadow said:
>Would her invisibility allow her to catch Mob by surprise and push him through a portal?
No. Mob can easily sense her. Invisibility is nothing new to him.
That was via sensing psychic energy which Tohru lacks. I doubt that she'd be able to accomplish it before being beaten but it's definitely a possibility that allows her to win (albeit a small one).

SpookyShadow said:
But she kinda fails at that while being passively sent to outer space and during earthquakes and tornadoes.
The passive natural disasters would be distracting but not too much of a problem for her and it takes time for ???%'s TK to start BFRing his opponents (he doesn't immediately do it to Suzuki for instance). And if it proves difficult, she could teleport away and turn invisible, open a portal very near Mob and blast him through it by surprise (preventing Mob from steadying himself with telekinesis).

Her main problem is how she'd be hard-pressed to pull that strategy with ???% attacking her relentlessly.

SpookyShadow said:
Wait... Did he ever went ???% against Suzuki?
Once she appears near his forcefield he should already know
Near the end of the manga. And again, if she chooses to become invisible from 4 km away then he definitely wouldn't notice. And she'd likely try to BFR after seeing how much of a danger he is to his surroundings.

SpookyShadow said:
Aaaah, I remember, when he went out of prison to stop him, kay
Meh, this is incredibly unlikely to happen tbh
Her utilizing invisibility in combat already happens in the manga a few times and the strategy I described is pretty straight-forward for a dragon that's been in prolonged battles against comparable opposition for centuries.

2 hours till grace ends so any Tohru supporters should speak up now.

Planck69 said:
The passive natural disasters would be distracting but not too much of a problem for her and it takes time for ???%'s TK to start BFRing his opponents (he doesn't immediately do it to Suzuki for instance). And if it proves difficult, she could teleport away and turn invisible, open a portal very near Mob and blast him through it by surprise (preventing Mob from steadying himself with telekinesis).

Her main problem is how she'd be hard-pressed to pull that strategy with ???% attacking her relentlessly.
Surely you have to realize how unfair it is that her only method of victory is something so absurdly specific. Plus it seems invisibility isn't going to work on him based on what everyone except you is saying. Right now it's just coming off like you are trying to find any possible way or excuse to add a loss to Tohru's profile.

You know what? Screw it.

I do not hate Tohru nor do I enjoy adding losses to her profile but if you seem so sure that I made a spite match, have this closed by all means. I'm not in the mood to start this all over again.

Planck69 said:
You know what? Screw it.
I do not hate Tohru nor do I enjoy adding losses to her profile but if you seem so sure that I made a spite match, have this closed by all means. I'm not in the mood to start this all over again.
I don't get why her win condition is "absurdly specific."...

Schnee One said:
Yeah why won't BFR work?
It would but Tohru would have to be smart about it, which apparently is something beyond a several millennia old dragon. Do you think I should add the match?

Schnee One said:
Yeah why won't BFR work?
Well she can't take him by surprise because invisibility doesn't work on him, she can't open a portal underneath him because he's levitating, she can't force him into it because he has greater lifting strength, and he absorbs her fire and energy attacks so she can't knock him back into it. Tohru's intelligence can't do much for her when literally nothing she does can work on him.

Well she can't take him by surprise because invisibility doesn't work on him, she can't open a portal underneath him because he's levitating, she can't force him into it because he has greater lifting strength, and he absorbs her fire and energy attacks so she can't knock him back into it. Tohru's intelligence can't do much for her when literally nothing she does can work on him.

Pretty sure I had already addressed why her brand of invisibility would work on Mob. He can only sense invisible beings through their psychic energy which isn't something Tohru has. The fact that she's completely undetectable to him means that she could blast him through a portal in take him by surprise before he can steady himself.

And Mob can't really directly absorb magic of all things from her body. Even if he could absorb her attacks, he could only do so for so long before his body being overwhelmed by her energy. She has an unlimited pool to work with, Mob has a finite capacity for absorption.

Mob doesn't levitate immediately though, he uses TK first and foremost

Back