• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

*Insert clever title here* (Gardevoir vs Tohru) (7-1-0) (Grace)

koopa3144

He/Him
So I wanted to make a Gardevoir match and was gonna use Tsunade instead of Tohru but I decided against it.
  • Fight takes place in Coliseum
  • Gardevoir is being used.
  • Gardevoir is holding Gardevoirite and has a trainer with a Key Stone.
  • The starting distance is 10m
  • Speed is equalized
  • SBA for anything else

Gardevoir (4.34 gigatons): 7
Gardevoir - Pokken Tournament Wiki
Tohru (4.929055 gigatons): 1
Tohru (Render) by Namyle on DeviantArt
Goku (Incon): 0
Goku SSJ Render by AlejandroDBS on DeviantArt

Last edited:
Going by her Standard Tactics, ranged fire breath and energy beams, and BFR with portals.
Gardevoir can Double Team to help dodge that and T Wave to lower Tohru's speed. Add in Mega Evolution giving Gardevoir a x5 AP boost if the non updated (They scale the base AP for fully evolved pokemon to Dugtrio so maybe the Abomasnow feat showed on Gardevoir's page isn't accounted for yet) Pokemon calculations page is anything to go by, so Mega Gardevoir has ~4.4x AP advantage and a decently significant speed advantage after the unknown mega Pokemon speed boost and Paralysis. I'd say Gardevoir wins.

The 5x Mega's comes from anime and games Gardevoir is being used here.
Oh, well that's a woopsie on my part since the last time I checked the Pokemon profiles was a few months ago. But, still, it's a big boost and Gardevoir can still likely pull a win. Gonna vote the funny 2x + 5 = 73 pocket monster.

Counted. However, I'll note that Tohru does have a few advantages here. She starts off a bit stronger and could kill Gardevoir's trainer before they can be mega evolved. Her high stamina due to being comparable to Fafnir who can fight in wars for thousands of years without stopping could make putting her down tricky. Gardevoir also can't come back from being BFR'ed to a different dimension.

Counted. However, I'll note that Tohru does have a few advantages here. She starts off a bit stronger and could kill Gardevoir's trainer before they can be mega evolved. Her high stamina due to being comparable to Fafnir who can fight in wars for thousands of years without stopping could make putting her down tricky. Gardevoir also can't come back from being BFR'ed to a different dimension.
Okay but I do want to note that killing Gardevoir's trainer might be pretty hard for Tohru because for some reason a lot of them have ridiculously high Durability. Like Red or Ash. Though, I don't think this applies to all of them. Also, what form is Tohru in? If shes in her dragon form, then Gardevoir is straight up immune to her dragon-based attacks (due to the Fairy typing) and likely gets the 2x super effective boost because Fairy beats Dragon. Though, I don't know how that works with Tohru since her profile specifies Holy attire.

Okay but I do want to note that killing Gardevoir's trainer might be pretty hard for Tohru because for some reason a lot of them have ridiculously high Durability. Like Red or Ash. Though, I don't think this applies to all of them.
Yeah, it's just some random trainer so they don't have any superhuman dura.
Also, what form is Tohru in? If shes in her dragon form, then Gardevoir is straight up immune to her dragon-based attacks (due to the Fairy typing) and likely gets the 2x super effective boost because Fairy beats Dragon.
Iirc in a verses battle Pokémon resistances and immunity for more vague types like Dragon and Bug don't really apply out of verse. For example, just cause something looks like a dragon doesn't mean they can't hurt a Fairy-type.

so i guess as a starter for tohru arguments. uh.

would the hundreds of years of battle experience do any good for outskilling and whatnot

so i guess as a starter for tohru arguments. uh.

would the hundreds of years of battle experience do any good for outskilling and whatnot
While that is good experience, idk if Tohru outskills. Pokémon are constantly fighting other Pokémon all with their unique characteristics, skills, and powers. Good examples being Machamp who have mastered all Martial Arts, and Alakazam who performs complex calculations to gain an edge in battles.

im not really knowledgable on pokemon skill (hell im not knowledgable on either verse being used) but from i know fighting a war for hundreds of years should be more skillful than mastering every martial art.

even then im pretty sure nothing can stop tohru from just bfring gardevior before they pull off any stat amps

im not really knowledgable on pokemon skill (hell im not knowledgable on either verse being used) but from i know fighting a war for hundreds of years should be more skillful than mastering every martial art.
If thats the best Tohru has then I'm pretty sure Gardevior should have skill cause fighting a war for hundreds of years is more experience than anything and skill feats are generally better than experience feats.
even then im pretty sure nothing can stop tohru from just bfring gardevior before they pull off any stat amps
Gardevior could just precog the BFR and use Disable to prevent Tohru from making any more portals.

I'll lean Gardevoir with High Diff since Tohru has options to win pretty easily that she doesn't really abuse in combat, like portals.

Pretty sure Tohru's breath isn't dragon type
the Dragon's in Kobayashi doesn't follow dragon typing in pokemon and uses different elements on different dragons
sure fairy type attacks may hit twice but that doesn't mean tohru's attack is halved

also tohru use fire so that could work
Tohru because I said so

Pretty sure Tohru's breath isn't dragon type
the Dragon's in Kobayashi doesn't follow dragon typing in pokemon and uses different elements on different dragons
sure fairy type attacks may hit twice but that doesn't mean tohru's attack is halved

also tohru use fire so that could work
Tohru because I said so
Fair enough, Counted!

Bump. So I'm just gonna vote Gardevoir to get this thread to grace to end things faster.

Back