• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate how hard it is to find proper hax layering chains or smurf hax for characters for VS matches. What if I wanna make a fair match without having to dig through 10 cosmology blogs and 20 outdated CRTs to find out whether or not Scrunko the Galaxyfucker has 1-A multi-layered concept hax?
******* p r e a ch.

Just put that shit on the profiles ffs. 😩

Honestly if there's enough support behind this I might make a CRT on it, shit's annoying. Nothing mandatory because we have so many goddamn pages, but it shouldn't be too hard to index for way more popular characters, right?

I mean plenty of people make blogs for layered hax and scaling. It's just for some reason it isn't a standard to be on pages.

I still think there should be a P&A page for hax layers and smurfness, would encourage a lot indexing that kind of stuff.
Character Profiles have an Explanations Section in the template- feels like a good place to put such a thing (but people don't for some reason)

******* p r e a ch.

Just put that shit on the profiles ffs. 😩
Speaking of its weird how few profiles have shit like
"AP: Super duper high (specifically 13 killatons)"
So if two characters are "super duper high", I have no ******* clue which is actually stronger until someone who knows the verse comes along

The alternative to necro is 15 bumps in a row because absolutely no one is willing to come in and say 'X FRA' and the match can't end otherwise.
Although speaking of bumps, when the topic creator says something like 'bump, lets keep the convo going' or whatever, but adds no argument themselves. If there's something to say then say it. Don't just tell others to. If we stopped talking, we're probably just done. One of us won. Debate is over.

It just occurred to me how many verses I like or support seem to neglect the lifting strength of the characters. They'll have up-to-date AP, Speed, Intelligence, but never, EVER lifting strength. I really don't know why it bothers me so much, probably because I like grapplers and going to the gym... probably.

It just occurred to me how many verses I like or support seem to neglect the lifting strength of the characters. They'll have up-to-date AP, Speed, Intelligence, but never, EVER lifting strength. I really don't know why it bothers me so much, probably because I like grapplers and going to the gym... probably.
My only approved lifting strength calculation, made my verse go from 9-A to 8-A and Class G to bosses

Its especially weird given how many lower tier matches can be summed up as 'you got grabbed gg' if one of them has higher LS. Turning down free wins

Another pet peeve (that thankfully isn't too common) is CRTs that leave out major context, for example character A one-shots character B so clearly character A is superior until it was shown prior to the one-shot that character B was weaken, using an inferior proxy, wanted to die, etc. There's way too many examples to name when it comes to lacking context tbh, however it can hurt the OPs reliability since you have to believe in good faith that leaving out important information was an innocent mistake and not intentional (but when it becomes a pattern, well that's when a whole different type of issue arises).

Tl;dr: I just wish more peeps have their CRTs evaluated by staff/users (without too much conflict of interest) before posting them (especially for very popular verses).

Holy shit, I think I'm the first one who got to experience the new layout that the wikis on FANDOM are gonna be using, and I ******* hate it. No, seriously, go check how horrid the wiki looks now.

Screenshots pls
Alright, let's all compare screenshots we took of the wiki's main page. Swear I'm not ******* with you guys when I say that everything looks stretched.
unknown.png

Alright, let's all compare screenshots we took of the wiki's main page. Swear I'm not ******* with you guys when I say that everything looks stretched.
unknown.png
I'm on mobile so I can't give a normal screenshot but from this screenshot it don't look different homeboy.

I genuinely cannot tell if you're all ******* with me or if I am finally and truly becoming deranged. I'm just gonna asume FANDOM added a feature where they stretch out wikis for people who have big-as-**** monitors and move on with my day.

I genuinely cannot tell if you're all ******* with me or if I am finally and truly becoming deranged. I'm just gonna asume FANDOM added a feature where they stretch out wikis for people who have big-as-**** monitors and move on with my day.
Yeah dude you're just losing you're mind. It looks fine.

Maybe you accidentally changed the zoom setting of your browser. Click the settings at the top and make sure it's at 100% or whatever you default is.

All my schizoposts are ironic, and everyday I have to live with the fact that if I really do end up becoming insane I will be stuck with a "boy who cried wolf" situation because nobody will know I am sending cries for help.
I was being satirical homeboy 🤨

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back