• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
lately, I feel like I have to walk on eggshells in this forum regarding certain topics.
Same, I constantly have to re-read and edit my comments before posting just so I don't unintentionally ruffle any feathers (but even then on a few occasions I just say "screw it" and speak my mind). Ofc people have different levels of tolerance when discussing certain subjects don't even get me started on humour and thats perfectly fine but I dunno it occasionally feels like the line between rules and censorship kinda gets blurred around here.

Yet again, I have to reiterate this is meant to be a fun and casual hobby but jeez I've witnessed users who treat this Wiki like a constant life and death scenario whether another user says/does something that's potentially controversial or just happens to like/dislike a certain verse (that can't be healthy).

Same, I constantly have to re-read and edit my comments before posting just so I don't unintentionally ruffle any feathers (but even then on a few occasions I just say "screw it" and speak my mind). Ofc people have different levels of tolerance when discussing certain subjects don't even get me started on humour and thats perfectly fine but I dunno it occasionally feels like the line between rules and censorship kinda gets blurred around here.

Yet again, I have to reiterate this is meant to be a fun and casual hobby but jeez I've witnessed users who treat this Wiki like a constant life and death scenario whether another user says/does something that's potentially controversial or just happens to like/dislike a certain verse (that can't be healthy).
This. I've seen it happen and I just cringe when I see it.

I also once saw a post saying "honestly powerscaling is weird ong go hit the gym". I've been following that advice a few months before that comment, and even years before that, I've kind of laid off being so heavily involved in powerscaling and making threads left and right. I noticed I was generally happier when I did, so I just kind of lurk on a few threads every now and then, RP on some other threads, or chat with people here.

If I wanna say controversial stuff, I'll say it in private with whoever wants to discuss.

Stonewalling.

Also being a bigot, but that might be beyond just being a pet peeve. It might be par to expectations in a battleboarding community, but it's 2022 and everyone should strive to be better. Not being a bigot is super easy.
I haven't seen much of it here though, so it remains a minor annoyance. That whole thing was funny though.

Last edited:
New pet peeve: People continuously grasping at straws to find a way for their character to win in something even though it's blatantly clear they are about to lose, but they still keep desperately trying to bend the rules so that their character can win.
you know, that skill thread you make got more attention than First_Witch's, how did that make you feel?

Win/Loss/Incon is easily the most unreliable part of the profiles most times lol
Much of it due to the voting system not being particularly the best.

it's even worse when the character used is not that popular so it gets forgotten very easily so if there's even 1 comment that could point out the disadvantage of said character, the people began hopping the FRA train and then said character loses even though the fight may b closer than people thought

The voting system is kinda bullshit, yeah, but it's all we really got tbh.
I'm pretty sure someone in the staff discussions have suggested a remedy for it, but I don't go in this forum that much anymore to tell if anything went on with that.

Not gonna name any names, and like I said, I'm not sure if this still happens as I don't frequent this site anymore. But I used to see people telling other users to vote in threads for a character specifically.

Whenever I see FRA trains I'm reminded of that. I don't want to doubt anyone's integrity, I just know the system ain't good.

I'm pretty sure someone in the staff discussions have suggested a remedy for it, but I don't go in this forum that much anymore to tell if anything went on with that.

Not gonna name any names, and like I said, I'm not sure if this still happens as I don't frequent this site anymore. But I used to see people telling other users to vote in threads for a character specifically.

Whenever I see FRA trains I'm reminded of that. I don't want to doubt anyone's integrity, I just know the system ain't good.
Reminds me of Speedster

Reminds me of Speedster
it count for everyone tbh, i once delved into a debate with a character that I don't know shit about and unanimously hopping the FRA train before I retract my vote and gather the supporters for both characters that was used

New pet peeve: People continuously grasping at straws to find a way for their character to win in something even though it's blatantly clear they are about to lose, but they still keep desperately trying to bend the rules so that their character can win.
Funny. I used to spam Boa Hancock matches and she would just win lol

She even has a W against Saitama lol

How about when someone gets caught in 4K High Definition and then when they get reported, the first thing they will do is:

1. Try and downplay the situation as if it isn't all that deep.
2. Make up some bullshit excuse, and people end up buying it to an extent (on occasion).
3. Doesn't take any accountability whatsoever (in fact, they end up blaming the victim).

Also, people who report mfs for petty reasons are the worse.

The best report moment is when the reported says "I'm sorry, but actually I'm not sorry" then gets banned.

Bonus when they try to say "okay for real I'm sorry" but the deed is done.

Bonus x2 when their ban is lifted and they do the same shit again and get permabanned.

Last edited:
This pet peeve applies in certain scenarios. More often than not, I find it funny and harmless. I've even done this before, but there are times when I think it gets kind of annoying.

There is always that one supporter of a verse who goes out of their way to slander other verses because "lol funny."

Everyone is minding their business, participating in a thread that's gone relatively smoothly. Not toxic whatsoever.

Then, out of nowhere someone joins and just starts slandering a verse for no apparent reason, which causes the thread to go into a downward spiral.

Another pet peeve I have is this goofy ass pfp. I hate this pfp so much.

AkAO9wU.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back