• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one I think I'm not alone with: People who very clearly argue in bad faith. As in, people who very clearly show or even state that they care less about the accuracy of profiles than about getting high stats and hax on their characters.
Sometimes I have an itch to enforce the rule against severe bias more strictly.
Yes.

Goes both ways too with people who are intent on getting low stats or having hax removed on characters they dislike, although this is less prevalent in indexing forums and more common in general battleboarding sites.

Any normal fan would groan upon seeing their character so inaccurately represented on a wiki entry to the point of unfamiliarity.

Does this count?
I HATE FANDOM EDITOR I HATE FANDOM EDITOR I HA
57htpt.png

I don't know where to ask, but why are some of the profiles have their P&A on bullet point list? Is this mandatory or only done if you want to?

I just become inactive every now and then so I missed whatever CRT that lead to that.

I don't know where to ask, but why are some of the profiles have their P&A on bullet point list? Is this mandatory or only done if you want to?

I just become inactive every now and then so I missed whatever CRT that lead to that.
I think it all started with Garou’s profile in which it’s easier to find what you’re looking for since his profile isn’t too crazy in the p&a section. It’s more so if it looks better you can use bullet points.

I like it but it feels like a tall task to change some profiles with a laundry list of abilities like Rimuru.

I'm considering adapting it.

I said it before, I'll say it again, here's probably my biggest pet peeve. The existence of Top X strongest X threads.

It puts up a leaderboard to people and incentivizes bad faith CRTs to either buff themselves or nerf someone else so their character can move up a higher position, and that's always just not good in my eyes.

Replace the Xs with whatever. Top 10 strongest plot manipulators, top 5 strongest smurfs, top 5 fastest people with finite speed, etc... (I know the last one wasn't one of the Xs but still)

I said it before, I'll say it again, here's probably my biggest pet peeve. The existence of Top X strongest X threads.

It puts up a leaderboard to people and incentivizes bad faith CRTs to either buff themselves or nerf someone else so their character can move up a higher position, and that's always just not good in my eyes.

Replace the Xs with whatever. Top 10 strongest plot manipulators, top 5 strongest smurfs, top 5 fastest people with finite speed, etc... (I know the last one wasn't one of the Xs but still)
CRTs to change vs match results will always be around though, there’s literally an Arceus CRT going on right now with the express intent of making Anos capable of beating him

CRTs to change vs match results will always be around though, there’s literally an Arceus CRT going on right now with the express intent of making Anos capable of beating him
I know they will. I hate all of it. I don't even like vs battles themselves, honestly, but I understand why they're here (it's in the name, after all). But this isn't a thread for me to call for any actual change, this is a thread for me to voice my complaints into the void.

And yeah, that's what inspired me to post this, but it's happened before.

This specific thing is just one of the biggest vectors of that sort of thing, though.

Needlessly long threads are my pet peeve.

Seriously, it's like people can't break shit down anymore into smaller thread. There are threads that contain a metric ton of abilities to be added to various characters and if it wasn't bad enough, they stack so revisions and other miscellaneous shit in them and then say "hey, evaluate this mountain of stuff." Not realising that this can usually cause issues by holding up a thread because not everyone has the time to evaluate everything and it can make the thread be put on hold if someone agrees with one portion but not others and now we need to wait for another who potentially agrees with a different portion. Then they mix simple additions with heavy ones which makes it even more a hassle.

I'm not saying you need to make one thread for one or two abilities but when your trying to add 30 abilities for several characters each and then stack a statistics revision on top. Cut that shit down into smaller revisions.

Needlessly long threads are my pet peeve.

Seriously, it's like people can't break shit down anymore into smaller thread. There are threads that contain a metric ton of abilities to be added to various characters and if it wasn't bad enough, they stack so revisions and other miscellaneous shit in them and then say "hey, evaluate this mountain of stuff." Not realising that this can usually cause issues by holding up a thread because not everyone has the time to evaluate everything and it can make the thread be put on hold if someone agrees with one portion but not others and now we need to wait for another who potentially agrees with a different portion. Then they mix simple additions with heavy ones which makes it even more a hassle.

I'm not saying you need to make one thread for one or two abilities but when your trying to add 30 abilities for several characters each and then stack a statistics revision on top. Cut that shit down into smaller revisions.
Im Glad i realized to do this before i posted my crts

This is more of a personal pet peeve cause I sorta brought it on myself, but, I don't like when you post a CRT and then remember a bunch of other stuff you forgot to add to it and then you have to add like 50 more stuff to your already decently important CRT which makes the evaluation process take even longer.

This is more of a personal pet peeve cause I sorta brought it on myself, but, I don't like when you post a CRT and then remember a bunch of other stuff you forgot to add to it and then you have to add like 50 more stuff to your already decently important CRT which makes the evaluation process take even longer.
I feel you

That's a mood. I've done that in like... almost every single one of my CRTs, come to think of it. Then again that's the only reason infinite speed Touhou got accepted so it might not be that bad :v

Generally I just keep that for a future CRT after it unless it's directly related to the evaluation of the current stuff enought.

Top 5 most wanked characters. (But its actually a bait so content moderators can use it to keep badly evaluated profiles and abilties)

How this site is a lot more buggier than other forums made with XenForo. On other XenForo forums, if I clicked on a 1k page thread that's about, I don't ******* know learning how to wrap strings around an egg or whatever the ****, I'll instantly be on page 312 and see the next message from that page that I didn't read, but if I click on some 3 page VS thread that I participated in, the site goes "**** you" and redirects me back to the OP. Pretty annoying.

naww this is me 😭 😭 😭

I don't make many CRTS but all of them have me editing them cuz I remember stuff... it's painful

Q&A threads disguised as future CRTs which are partly related to...

which only feeds a harmful and unhealthy cycle tbh.

Winning or conceeding in a debate and then every time I log on the site its just the guy who made that thread bumping because even though all people need to do is say 'x FRA', no one does

Also profiles that stretch things to absurd lengths to add abilities. Like I saw one earlier that had 'rage power' for the character. The reason was he got hit once in a fight, got up and hit the guy. He does this all the time. Everyone in that canon does. Nearly everyone in fiction does. Nearly everyone in fiction does not have rage power.
I won't name names though don't feel like arguing just venting

The reason was he got hit once in a fight, got up and hit the guy. He does this all the time. Everyone in that canon does. Nearly everyone in fiction does. Nearly everyone in fiction does not have rage power.
I won't name names though don't feel like arguing just venting
I know exactly which page you are referring to and as a supporter of the verse I assure you the justification used is ass but the character defo has Rage Power, rage and a loss of self control is one of the main factors in his transformation that amps him so hard

I really can't stand the current state of mobile version of VSBW (dunno if what I will say applies to PC)
Currently I can't do anything but write simple messages. Can't bold text, upload images, cross out text and etc. Pretty much every option doesn't work for me.

I really can't stand the current state of mobile version of VSBW (dunno if what I will say applies to PC)
Currently I can't do anything but write simple messages. Can't bold text, upload images, cross out text and etc. Pretty much every option doesn't work for me.
I can give you some tips on how to use the mobile version of the site if you want.

I can give you some tips on how to use the mobile version of the site if you want.
Sure. Though I think I know most of the things relevant? I mean when I press 3 dots next to a slanted I, it opens a new tab, but none of the options can be chosen. If you know how to get around that it would be great.

I use mobile for 80% of my VSBW activity

Sure. Though I think I know most of the things relevant? I mean when I press 3 dots next to a slanted I, it opens a new tab, but none of the options can be chosen. If you know how to get around that it would be great.
Oh I misread. I thought you were talking about the forum, not the wiki. It doesn't really matter, since I have a good tip regarding that as well.
[DISCLAIMER: I do not promote trying to make a profile or edit one on your phone unless you are a *********.]

If you're using Chrome or any explorer that happens to have it, then Desktop View/Mode is your friend. This converts the mobile version of a site into its PC version, making it easier to navigate a site and (sometimes) do stuff on it more easily. This feature is especially useful if you want to check a lengthy profile but you're on your phone and can't be bothered to scroll.

This feature is especially useful if you want to check a lengthy profile but you're on your phone and can't be bothered to scroll.
Neglected to mention that unless you have it open in a separate tab, you should have desktop mode turned on before you search up a profile. That's because if you're viewing a profile and decide to turn the feature on, it will just send you to the previous wiki page that you were viewing instead of the current one. It's weird don't question it.

I hate it when people act so smug when certain changes that they wanted to happen are applied (or being planned to) in the (far) future while ignoring the fact that:
  1. A long time has already passed and more information from a media has been made, therefore the arguments and simply the overall situation months or years ago is drastically different compared to current times.
  2. Their arguments were simply bad and terrible in the past, and didn't fly under heavy scrutiny under the standards and information usable during that time.
There are instances where nothing much except revisiting old arcs and constructing actual good arguments that lead to valid debunks, such as Roshi becoming Moon level or Elder God Demonbane being debunked. But I'm just complaining about the opposite end where new content eventually makes changes to a verse or a character. It can validate your beliefs but it doesn't necessarily valid your rejected arguments prior to the release of those new content.

Maybe it makes you a prophet but not a good debater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back