• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably already been said, but certain select verses having way too many supporters that will argue walls at any opposer making it so the verse will barely ever be affected by a CRT not made by them.

Also the double standards where certain verses get treated differently for similar cases just seemingly out of bias.

Probably already been said, but certain select verses having way too many supporters that will argue walls at any opposer making it so the verse will barely ever be affected by a CRT not made by them.

Also the double standards where certain verses get treated differently for similar cases just seemingly out of bias.
Sometimes I go into topic and its more like actual children using gang mentality than any actual argument. One guy with good arguments v like 5+ dudes who just keep repeating the same points he already debunked 50 posts ago.
Mostly shonen series, which I don't argue in myself much because of this.

Verses where verse mechanics which only ever apply because of the cosmology end up granting a ton of broken abilties to every single character in the verse even when they have never used a single one of them

The fact that some verses just randomly give dozens of resistences to large chunks of the verse just for being stronger then something else

Verses where verse mechanics which only ever apply because of the cosmology end up granting a ton of broken abilties to every single character in the verse even when they have never used a single one of them

The fact that some verses just randomly give dozens of resistences to large chunks of the verse just for being stronger then something else
When the random hollow Chad punched near the start of bleach before he even had powers solos 99.999999999% of fiction because "Corruption (Type 2: which causes Poison Manipulation/Power Reduction/Death Manipulation) (Hollow's Existence/Reiryoku is inherently poisonous to those without antibodies against them, just being around them causes these people's Souls to erode away and die, as well as causing their spiritual powers to decrease)"

This kinda relates to the UES and physiology pages tbh, don't get me wrong they're convenient on top of making profiles more streamlined and less clutter but it's all too easy for some verses to abuse them and give P&A to characters that have never canonically used them or even stated/implied to have access to. It sometimes feels like Occams Razor gets misused tbh.

This kinda relates to the UES and physiology pages tbh, don't get me wrong they're convenient on top of making profiles more streamlined and less clutter but it's all too easy for some verses to abuse them and give P&A to characters that have never canonically used them or even stated/implied to have access to. It sometimes feels like Occams Razor gets misused tbh.
See: Damn near every HxH fight being 'nen crush gg' even though its not presented as being this infallible instant win tool in verse and the majority of the characters never use it even once.

Agreed.

One thing I find annoying kinda is when a verse has too many Staff Supporters. While on one hand it can help with making sure everything it accurate because there are multiple opinions and viewpoints that actually matter, otherwise, people can just make a CRT, big or small, get 2-3 maybe 4 staff that support it, and it can be accepted and closed without any type of objection because at the end of the day it's staff that matters. Unless it's actually universally agreed with everyone I think CRTs should be open for at least a week before being accepted and closed, much like @Arc7Kuroi does for his massive revisions, and kind of like how vs matches have a grace period for 24 hours

Agreed.

One thing I find annoying kinda is when a verse has too many Staff Supporters. While on one hand it can help with making sure everything it accurate because there are multiple opinions and viewpoints that actually matter, otherwise, people can just make a CRT, big or small, get 2-3 maybe 4 staff that support it, and it can be accepted and closed without any type of objection because at the end of the day it's staff that matters.
Not if you're DC or Marvel, from what I've seen.

The disparities in how much help and attention popular verses get over less popular verses.

I'm know its only natural and there's nothing that can really be done about it but its agitating seeing 5+ calcs for any given feat be made and evaluated in a single day for one verse, and see literally no one in sight able to calc a feat or have one evaluated for another. Sometimes I just feel like people don't truly appreciate how blessed their verse is for having a lot of supporters, especially if there are calc members amongst them.

Last edited:
I'm know its only natural and there's nothing that can really be done about it but its agitating seeing 5+ calcs for any given feat be made and evaluated in a single day for one verse, and see another have literally no one in sight able to calc a feat or have one evaluated. Sometimes I just feel like people don't truly appreciate how blessed their verse is for having a lot of supporters, especially if there are calc members amongst them.
Bloons TD moment

There was supposed to be a CRT that changes the scaling of the mid and low tiers but it never got completed and the person who made it gave up

Bloons TD moment

There was supposed to be a CRT that changes the scaling of the mid and low tiers but it never got completed and the person who made it gave up
Fun fact the scaling on the god tiers is based on a rejected calc, so the 6-B and High 6-C would get downgraded to 8-A

Haha... yeah...
unknown.png

Verse where every character has shit ton of hax and shit, which for the record, they have never ever shown or even hinted at having it. But has it because verse shit. Even worse when it comes from side stuff - which happens way more than one would like to see.
^Pretty much put all my thoughts in my initial pet peeve summarised.

lately, I feel like I have to walk on eggshells in this forum regarding certain topics.

Also in regards to the physiology page IMO they are very convenient to have for the right reason and proper usage.
I seriously despise writing walls of abilities and resistance multiple times. a matter of fact what is overlooked when people look at wall of hax they don't use is how prevalent and common or how important they are in the story of the franchise which is exactly what the Physiology page does not explain but something an Explanation page would detail more.
I like reading other franchise physiology pages but at the same time, I feel it lacking when there is no explanation page to further go into depth on how these myriads of hax within one ability/physiology in verse are important enough or crucial to the complexity of the verse story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back