• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

I have. Multiple times, and yet, I don't see anything particularly shitty about it.

Maybe I'm just a brainlet, though.
Pointless
Inconsistent with the rest of the tier stuff
Heck, it's inconsistent with its own stuff - naming wise, for starters

Like take Barbara’s AP section
Attack Potency: Human level possibly Athlete level physically, Unknown, possibly Small City level with Magic
That makes her striking strength section obsolete and also is a better way to display the information

Striking Strength is literally just "physical" AP, which is redundant at best, but won't be removed out of being on about every page on the site at this point.

I also have a similar issue with listing "Superhuman Physical Characteristics", like, of course anything in 9-B or above is superhuman, we don't need to list that on every page, and should just be a page that clarifies our take on the matter if anything, a similar thing also happens with Peak Human Physical Characteristics
To be fair, the idea of the Striking Strength stat isn't the problem.

It's that everyone started to additionally list physical AP separately in the AP section that makes things redundant.

Yeah but that’s the better system lol
Idk, if it were done consistently personally I think having a clean separate physical AP stat would be nicer. Would make a few less pages have "Stat1 physical (long ass explanation), Stat2 somewhere listed inbetween (another long ass explanation)|5 other keys of the same".

Idk, if it were done consistently personally I think having a clean separate physical AP stat would be nicer. Would make a few less pages have "Stat1 physical (long ass explanation), Stat2 somewhere listed inbetween (another long ass explanation)|5 other keys of the same".
I actually agree with this. There’s nothing wrong with having X level AP with Y level striking strength and durability. As redundant as it may be, striking strength does seem to come in clutch.

It's not about DMC anymore, that's why I wrote this. Crazy that people are finding more and more crazy stuff from canon mobile games.

KH actually has its main 2-A backbone (consistency-wise) from a obscure JP-exclusive game that only released in niche phones (not smartphones) that's lost media nowadays.
It got a DS remake, but even then, it's still among the least touched KH games as it's also one of the few SE won't do a true remake for the HD re-releases.

But uh, pet peeve I have that I assume many other people also legitimately have.

Someone who has 0 knowledge on either series in a versus thread coming into the thread and trying to spread misinformation and wank based on the words of someone whose actually knowledgeable. Legit people who have 0 knowledge come into the thread and try to wank or downplay one of the characters in the thread when they deadass aren't even a supporter, have 0 scans, and have legit claimed they haven't read the series in a long while. Like they try to act like they know something when they actually don't know anything at all, and that just annoys me to no end. And they try to use the words of people who are actually knowledgeable and wank or downplay them to unreasonable degrees, like they actually know what tf their talking about.

Legit cringe.

KH actually has its main 2-A backbone (consistency-wise) from a obscure JP-exclusive game that only released in niche phones (not smartphones) that's lost media nowadays.
It got a DS remake, but even then, it's still among the least touched KH games as it's also one of the few SE won't do a true remake for the HD re-releases.
Will the 2-A rating hold up if said obscure game isn't counted?

I never played KH, I only know that the wiki rates it the way it is while everyone else pokes fun or gets mad at it.

Eh, probably TBH, main stuff comes from the first game of all places and from there scaling and feats are surprisingly consistent beyond that.

Canon mobile game spin-offs always somehow having ridiculous stuff in it that buffs a verse. No, seriously, how the ****.
yeah mobile games can add some crazy stuff. I know disgaea RPG has an abstract existence statement demons and angels, a characters had her matter hax upgrade to the Macro-Quantum levels and chapter one starts with 2-A stuff. so stuff is only going to get crazier from here.

Here's one I think I'm not alone with: People who very clearly argue in bad faith. As in, people who very clearly show or even state that they care less about the accuracy of profiles than about getting high stats and hax on their characters.
Sometimes I have an itch to enforce the rule against severe bias more strictly.

Here's one I think I'm not alone with: People who very clearly argue in bad faith. As in, people who very clearly show or even state that they care less about the accuracy of profiles than about getting high stats and hax on their characters.
Sometimes I have an itch to enforce the rule against severe bias more strictly.
Huh, that explains where all the Marvel DC tier 1 threads come from

But in any case, for the two verses, in general, we had more downgrade stuff, ap and intelligence revamp, than we had tier 1 stuff in the last 2 years I have been here.

Back