• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruh wait thats Bolin????

Ngl I watched like 3 seasons of Legend of Korra and never even noticed the resemblance, das crazy.
The old profile pic was fanart iirc then a few months ago it got switched to AI

Can't blame you though, I watched Korra a lot while it was still airing and I still didn't realize it was Bolin lol

Oh, that's why it's soulless and uncanny.

Unrelated. But I kind of envy their PFPs a little bit. I want my PFP to look at the reader with an uncanny and disturbing look but I don't think the eyes of my "OC that I haven't named yet" are successful at that since the tone of green fades too much with the color white.

I might revamp my profile picture just to try to give him cool uncanny eyes.
image_2023-05-16_230810049.png

I love eyes, they're cool. They're the door to someone's soul. Eyes are lovely, I love them. I should change the eyes of my profile picture just to make them cooler.
I think your PFP looks alright, personally. You certainly put more thought into it then most people lol.

I don't get what's hard about making a verse tier 1 or not. Spatial dimensions are easy to understand.
Thing is that the key word for tier 1 isn't "dimension", but rather "infinity" and comparisons to "smaller" stuff, which are not only often way too specific, but also require users to grasp the idea of even counting beyond infinity (aka, higher infinities), which isn't too friendly.

Thing is that the key word for tier 1 isn't "dimension", but rather "infinity" and comparisons to "smaller" stuff, which are not only often way too specific, but also require users to grasp the idea of even counting beyond infinity (aka, higher infinities), which isn't too friendly.
Yep.

I also wouldn't say spatial dimensions are "easy to understand" when battleboarders misunderstood them literally all the time.
In fact, I would question most powerscalers having the ability to pass basic physics tests about scalars and vectors, much less have the academic integrity to deal with whatever higher mathematics people splash around Tier 1 characters.

People who nitpick the shit out stamina feats. That's the pet peeve.
TBF due to it relying on feats and not exactly having an extremely subjective measure, plus the issue of Superhuman being the only thing beyond a normal human's stamina capacity but not infinite has the same feeling as people who complain about MFTL+ going on forever. And there's also the separation between ability to stay awake, ability to stay in combat, ability to sustain injuries and stay in combat

It's definitely better than what we used to do but it still has its issues

TBF due to it relying on feats and not exactly having an extremely subjective measure, plus the issue of Superhuman being the only thing beyond a normal human's stamina capacity but not infinite has the same feeling as people who complain about MFTL+ going on forever. And there's also the separation between ability to stay awake, ability to stay in combat, ability to sustain injuries and stay in combat

It's definitely better than what we used to do but it still has its issues
True, but I wasn't particularly talking about that.

Let's say Fighter A and Fighter B fight for 2 hours straight.

There are people who will legit nitpick the stamina feat by mentioning the fact that there were 15 second intervals in between the 2 hours where one or both fighters are KO'd/Incap'd where they have to recover as if its some kind of boxing or UFC match where the fighters get like a 1 minute break in between rounds, when it's completely different.

That's what I was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back