• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Barney & Friends: The CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. A calc of that specific clip seems unnecessary, we can just have it as subsonic.

2. I will. Thanks.

4. That isn't stat amp. That's just changing your clothes

5. It really just seems like transformation, unless he's been shown to actually take damage and regen.

Okay.

4: It´s like how making an armor around yourself upgrades durability a bit.

5: It would be, but while transforming, Barney gets turned into a bunch of sparkles that then reshape into his other form.

4. That's kinda like saying wearing a coat is stat amp, it's just kinda unnecessary.

5. Then at best it's High regen, but only while transforming.

4: Technically speaking it fits as stats amp, but that part may be removed in that case.

5: Yes, which is why I even said that in his intangibility description, note that he also turns into those sparkles while teleporting, so it can still be a good way to dodge attacks; I´m also going to add Non-Corporeality to him now that I think about it...

Scale? Can you explain? As we can see objects almost falling off if it wasn´t for that one guy, I took magnitude 4 as a low-end, as it fits it´s description:

"Noticeable shaking of indoor objects and rattling noises. Felt by most people in the affected area. Slightly felt outside. Generally causes none to minimal damage. Moderate to significant damage very unlikely. Some objects may fall off shelves or be knocked over."

By scale I meant Richter scale.

Ok, but I'd just prefer for something more concrete, or perhaps supporting feats. Does he have any?

I'm not sure what we're arguing about with the scale, I am aware you are using the Richter scale.

He never used the word "earthquake" though. It's him knocking sand out of his toes, the shaking likely for comedic effect. It's not trying to say he's so powerful he can do earthquakes with ease. Him not being affected by things below him I'm somewhat iffy about, given that it's overwhelmingly likely he's never fought anyone on screen.

Bobsican said:
4: Technically speaking it fits as stats amp, but that part may be removed in that case.
5: Yes, which is why I even said that in his intangibility description, note that he also turns into those sparkles while teleporting, so it can still be a good way to dodge attacks; I´m also going to add Non-Corporeality to him now that I think about it...
Bobsica, you not supposed to add the changes until the current OP is solved.

I will lock the page short-term since the Content Revision Thread is ongoing.

I'm going to be that person who asks for an in-depth blog to prove all that conceptual stuff and properly show how it works in case it's legitimate (which as of the moment, I doubt), otherwise I don't buy it.

It would be for comedic effect, if you didn´t notice how the cast noticed it as one indirectly, even the jars were falling down, it fits in the definition of one, even if done by accident.

Also, oh sorry, I guess I won´t touch the profile until this is solved.

The topics of the OP should change to reflect the current topic otherwise, a new CRT is needed

Also that "earthquake" feat doesn't make much sense either, he just jumps around and makes the scenery tremble as a result, clearly in a gag.

He mentions "it's easy" referring to taking the sand from between his toes.

Also if Imagination stuff instantly implied Conceptual something, I know a lot of characters who would have it.

Skimming through the thread, I'm quite skeptic of this profile as of the moment. But as I lack time to check if Barney the dinosaur isn't really the Conceptual Evil Overlord of Darkness follow this closely, all I can hope is that this doesn't end up becoming the 2nd iteration of his cousin Godzilla.

FateAlbane said:
Also that "earthquake" feat doesn't make much sense either, he just jumps around and makes the scenery tremble as a result, clearly in a gag.
A gag feat is a feat. If it wasn't, there are many pages that would have to be completely changed.

Chartate101 said:
FateAlbane said:
A gag feat is a feat. If it wasn't, there are many pages that would have to be completely changed.
Not, quite. It is case by case basis and it depends on the context, if not Goku would have reality warping from early dragon ball manga gag.

Barney even said it was easy and said that he was sorry for that, which means that it´s an actual plot point to be taken seriously and not just a gag.

Given there is nothing else to support this and Barney hasn't fought or destroyed anything, it's probably not applicable.

Yeah, forgot that word existed for a second.

This is kinda the issue for making a profile for someone that doesn't actually fight anything, we don't know what they can do.

From my understanding, the first feat is entirely imaginary and didn't actually happen.

The second seems to be just reality warping, not really AP.

1: The kids, Barney and BJ were interacting with it, and even while BJ was the one that made it in the first place, Barney was the one that undid it, this means that it´s an actual thing and not some sort of illusion creation.

2: As far I remember, the bigger the structure made, the higher the AP.

Reality Warping doesn't necessarily apply to AP.

Usually only does so when it involves warping dimensional space (and a lot of it might I add) or if it can grant a certain level of destructive capacity like Calypso (Twisted Metal)

Erasing stuff via reality warping counts? If so, the first feat about the jungle can still apply.

Alright, so if the episode with the jungle is about imagination, the kid imagined up the jungle, and it was gone when Barney said it was a game, is it not so much simpler to assume they were imagining they were in a jungle as a game?

EE ain't AP

Also, I'm willing to bet if this was about imagination that physical interaction was just the show trying to actually look like everyone's there

Torlikoff said:
Alright, so if the episode with the jungle is about imagination, the kid imagined up the jungle, and it was gone when Barney said it was a game, is it not so much simpler to assume they were imagining they were in a jungle as a game?
Not exactly, you can even see Barney jumping and then from his feet an sparkles wave covers the vegetation to make it disappear, even if they were playing a game, it´s clear that it wasn´t "pure" imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back