• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, thinking about it, Maou Gaukin as a whole is kinda a pet peeve... I've seen the threads and uh... I just wonder who'll get topic banned first in this case (Probably not Mokou but who knows?)
I see it's happening again on the RVR sigh...

I've long since stop caring about the verse or it's ratings in terms of Vs debating but this just proves it's very existence on VSBW is indeed a "pet peeve" it causes both supporters and opponents to engage in problematic habits such as insulting each other, using whataboutism, getting overly emotional over the power of a fictional demon twink, using appeal to motive, etc while perpetrating the negative rep it has here which prevents many users and staff from going near it thus putting some peeps off from actually doing they own investigations on MG and coming to their own conclusions, if they have to worry about getting dogpiled one way or another if they think one hax Anos has is one "layer" weaker or stronger than on his profile (an exaggeration ofc but that's how many feel) plus it doesn't help with any verse that has a grossly OP MC that many other characters get left behind without getting a profile or the current pre-existing profile(s) is nowhere near as detailed as the MC which just is a bigger target for toxicity (standing out in the crowd in Vs debating often draws attention... and other stuff).

I don't know want the solution to this conundrum is, I mean I know several users both on and off the wiki that straight up see MG supporters and their "goons" as "tiresome to deal with" (putting it politely) but by the same measure having to debate in an environment that feels hostile to you and your friends due to the verse you support/like while it feels like someone will always have an axe to grind with you is inevitably going to lead to conflict (as a Sonic supporter I have experienced such hostility before), something gotta give when other controversial verses in their heyday weren't so incessantly on RVR like MG is nor had CRTs as lengthy (even "small" MG CRTs have over 200 replies).

I'm going to keep saying this until if/when I leave VSBW, this is ment to be a fun hobby where you can potentially make new friends and/or learn more about fictional works you enjoy, its NOT ment to be a massive personal commitment where you go on like your life depends on how a fictional character is rated on a wiki.

I dare not imagine what stuff is said offsite tho.

Anyway that's my two cents on the matter and I don't feel like going into further discussion about it but I felt like getting it off my chest (as cliché as it sounds).

Last edited:
idk man if someone who hasn't read the novel or played the verse or watched the series I'm supporting misunderstands statements about my verse because of how there is a difference between the Whole Verse context over just reading a statement and some other scans for context and decides to shit on the profiles I'm gonna mald

Like if anyone just nitpicks and looks at something with extreme scrutiny rather than understanding what it actually means to have those statements is implying with the context of the entire story then you can basically dumb down everything to a nutshell or exaggerate to extreme degrees.

not to mention Novels that lack visuals would really require you to know full well the depth of the worldbuilding hence when we see chinamen and cultivation because we are aware of how chinamen worldbuilding usually goes and reading their scans and context we know for sure the conclusion reached and applied in the profile isn't ridiculous and such.

it is a hobby yes but when you build something in your hobby and someone who doesn't truly care nor understand it decides to just come and destroy your sandcastle you certainly wouldn't just let that be. would you be happy when someone deleted your saved file or criticize your work in your hobby?
certainly not in the end it would just be a clash of egos and if you really care about the accuracy of something or a profile in this verse you would definitely try to read and understand the entire story and not just specific aspects of it. Something I know Pein tried in MGK to actually find problems in the WN MTL cosmology upgrades that happened. idc if he just skimmed and all but the moment he put an effort to understand rather than just nitpicking a single scan in the profiles and dismantle it to have a different meaning.

the worst part about it is that afterward the one who did such a thing even gets smug about it and even takes it as an achievement is just tiring that every hour I spend trying to defend it goes nowhere because experience will tell you if the person you're talking to is willing to change their stance or just arguing for the sake of it. really tells you which people on this site are trustworthy or respectable but in the end clash of ego would just make it chaos than anything at all.

If MGK can be locked and not be changed for 1 year i would go for it

TLDR : MGK is so popular it should be locked forever

TSSDK is chill because it's nowhere near as active as MGK. Most of the active supporters became inactive before or shortly after the forum move.
It also suffers under similar issues as MGK and other novel verses.

Being less active also resulted to upgrades happening easier for the verse, so maybe the MGK supporters should take a chill pill for a while so that people forget about it and they can make some sneaky CRT at a later date lol don't actually do that

I hate how everything after Tier 4 basically becomes a bare knuckle fight to see who can wank their favorite character the most.
It's good feeling when you only debate simple stuff at tier 8 and below and don't get dragged into philosophical questions of the bazillion quadrillion krillion dimensional passive causality manipulation that is actually outerversal hax.

At that point you're not discussing the fight, you're discussing terms.

Also, this is anecdotal, and I don't think mean this to be rude or insult, but Damage always seems to disagree with threads (at least, with every thread I've ever seen him in).
Damage is old af, I remember him over 10 years ago.
I don't always agree with him (well, duh), but I agree with his overall mindset and how that's necessary for the wiki, as I have the same.
You can't accuse him of favoritism either, considering he's already been a half-foot from quitting one of his favorite verses because he disagrees with its (higher) ratings.

This is just a peeve in general. Everyone here is aware that this wiki, and the battleboarding/powerscaling culture in general, have always been afflicted with the mindset of aiming for the highest possible end for characters and/or the acquisition of the most busted powers and abilities. At times at the cost of consistency, logic or integrity. It's annoying when it results to stonewalling, but the devil's advocate is very important for a forum built for indexing.

Damage is old af, I remember him over 10 years ago.
I don't always agree with him (well, duh), but I agree with his overall mindset and how that's necessary for the wiki, as I have the same.
You can't accuse him of favoritism either, considering he's already been a half-foot from quitting one of his favorite verses because he disagrees with its (higher) ratings.
That's fair, yeah. Just saying that while there is the tendency for what you posted in the latter half of your messages, it still doesn't necessarily change the perception (not the reality) that it looks like all he does is disagree with threads. Perception is subjective, and frankly, I don't even think he cares about what people think about him on a random battleboarding website, as he should.

Also, 10 years? Dang, that is a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back