• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vindicator: Dawning - RP Thread

"Alright then," The Commander said, "Let's get moving. We have no idea where any of Na-Ra's other forces could be right about now..."

Once everyone is in their rightful positions, the two ships take off, flying further and further away from Haumea, and by proxy, Earth.

(I'm glad you asked.)

Once they had reached a sufficient distance away from the Solar System and deeper into the Milky Way Galaxy, bogies could be spotted on the radars of both ships, and they were approaching fast. They used comms to communicate to both ships.

"Mxcrll vir arzp rlluyx maqj lo!" A pilot of one of the bogies said through the communication systems. After this, about 4 more bogies showed up and they all approached the ships, making an effort to surround both from all sides. They didn't look like the ships Na-Ra's forces used, however. They all varied in size and appearance. Perhaps these were rebel fighters of some kind? Or perhaps they were bandits or mercenaries?

Once confirmed reading on Z'Zog's part, Eden asks the question.

"What in the actual heck did that message we just got mean ?"

"They think Na-Ra's forces are pursuing the Vindicator," Z'Zog said after listening closely to the message left for them, "They've surrounded the other ship to flank it and provide you with support..."

(Powers aren't present yet. Those are going to be introduced soon. As for where you can show up, you can start in the Vindicator. When new people pop up, I'm just basically assuming they were also crewmates aboard the Vindicator ahead of time to make sure stuff was running smoothly before it took off.)

(Alright thanks)

"This can't be good, any way you can tell them not to shoot the other ship down?" Palaria asked, clearly unsuprised

"That's our only real option, I just hope we can do it before our allies "vindicate" our other allies" Palaria seemed to mentally note something down looking at the radar

Last edited:
"You don't say. Z'Zog, can you send them a message fast enough to call off any attacks, and if conflict is inevitable here can we get both ships out in one piece?" Palaria quickly said, as her eyes seemed like bright green emeralds digging into the communicater and Z'Zog

"I shall," Z'Zog said, after exhaling, processing the language before making an effort to communicate with the other ships. The dialogue would sound strange, but eventually, the other ships would fly off, going their own separate ways. Suddenly, something unusual occurred. Rays of light seemed to be emanating, and much faster that its regular speed. These rays were similar in appearance to the Northern Lights, but were all a light blueish color. These waves passed through the hull of both ships, and affected each of the crewmates in unique ways.

"So it's happened again," Z'Zog said, witnessing these rays affect the others in the ship he was aboard.

(This is where you guys will get your powers, btw)

Palaria suddenly swayed on her feet when the wave hit, the simple staff she was holding in her right hand morphed into a golden staff of unknown material decorated with seven dragons holding gems in their mouths at the top of the staff(similar to the staff of Ainz Ooal Gown) with the area becoming brighter and comfortably warmer as Palaria slumped against the wall, breathing heavily until she calmed herself of which her new staff began to hover while she got up, as she grabbed it and saw what her new staff looked like she commented "What am I, a fantasy character?" though Palaria did not comment on everyone else in the crew yet.

(no idea, we got powers and thats im doing. and yes, Palaria's comment is a referance to her being a Fantasy Character in both abilities and looks)

Last edited:
(hello, sorry I got very lost, what happened?)
(Basically, we went to Haumea to steal a ship from Na-Ra's forces and study it. To make sure that if Na-Ra's forces decided to track the ship, since one of the dead soldiers hit the distress beacon, they flew further away from Haumea and deeper into the Milky Way Galaxy. Some rebel fighters thought the Vindicator was under attack by the Na-Ra ship they hijacked, but Z'Zog basically told them that this wasn't the case. The rebels fell back, and a weird anomaly occurred and bestowed the character with their powers.)

M O N K E

As the wave washes over Eden, something weird happens, a brown monkey materializes out of thing air and in his arms.

He looks at it, puzzled, as it stares back, equally as confused.

"... What ?"

Palaria shook herself a bit and looked at Eden with her now massively enhanced sight "maybe we all have obtained different abilities, you seem to at the very least have the ability to summon "monkeys"" Palaria looked at Angelo, sensing new energy within him "you at the very least have the ability to manipulate energies" Palaria looked at Soba "a different kind of energy" Palaria then looked at Alex "i can't tell what you have" Palaria let her senses spread out across the entire ship, quickly realizing she had clairvoyance, and decided to try and move herself to the back of the Vindicator, and then teleported ""so my senses are extremely enhanced, i can teleport, I have clairvoyance, what else do I have?"" Palaria walked around a bit and let go of her staff, it hovered in the air beyond Palaria's control and she couldn't move it ""I don't have Telekinesis, for some reason I feel like every other ability i have is unsafe to be tested here... but why is my staff hovering on its own?"" Palaria let out a long sigh

Last edited:
Eden turns towards Palaria, looking even more confused.

"What ?"

[BTW, Howard is not in the same ship as you]
"Don't ask me! im just making inferences with both my new abilities and basic logic, the ladder is what i told you, why else would a Monkey of some kind just appear out of nowhere into your arms." Palaria teleported to Eden's side and watched her staff float over to her "i have a feeling that testing anything else for me right now would end badly so I won't be testing anything"

"Uh, alright then, guess we have superpowers now, cool."

Eden responds, just accepting that just happened, as he moves the monkey to his shoulder and then gives the girl an headpat as thanks for explaining.

"By the way, neat staff."

"Don't do that, and thanks, I have no idea why my staff would turn out like that, those kinds of things aren't my taste..." Palaria shook her head being a bit flustered by being touched without warning and looked up at Eden "onto serious matters I'm pretty sure I can find if there's a tracking device if I know what it looks like" Palaria turned and used the communicater to state to Z'Zog "so any ideas on what I'm looking for tracking device-wise?"

Last edited:
@Overlord775

[I know my character lol. I may portray myself like a dick to match my usual personality in the face of conflict but Palaria is not that kind of character.]

Palaria turned to Eden "If I don't know what I'm looking for it could be quite dangerous, since it could end up injuring or even killing one of us."

Last edited:
[Uhm, meta talk in in brackets, that was in-character thoughts on my part]

"Could your analysis really lead to that ?"

He asks her while tilting his head to the side a bit.

[Uhm, meta talk in in brackets, that was in-character thoughts on my part]

"Could your analysis really lead to that ?"

He asks her while tilting his head to the side a bit.
"Depends on if the ship doesn't like me being a Clairvoyant to look through it specifically."

(Also for characters thoughts i usually do a double quote "" the whole not having anything made me believe that it was something like meta)

Last edited:
[Fair enough]

"I don't think magic would really have a negative effect on technology."
"we don't even know what all of my powers are yet and we haven't even begun to experiment with yours, the ship could also have a defense system in place for abilities gained through that blue wave thing"

Back