• If you appreciate the VS Battles wiki, and can afford it, please make a donation to help keep our forum running, so we can continue to work hard to improve on the reliability of our wiki profile pages. If you want to be anonymous, don't enter your real name when you donate.

    Please click here if you are willing to help out.

Vindicator: Dawning - RP Thread

3,331
252
In the year 2099, society has grown more advanced. Weaponry, transportation and technology overall has progressed at a rapid pace. These advancements, however, appeared to catch the attention of a foreign world.

A ship of unknown origin crashes in Death Valley. Not long after the spacecraft crash lands, military forces are present and preparing to meet whoever or whatever possesses the ship. You are a part of the force of soldiers sent to deal with these matters.

Driven out to Death Valley after putting on your armor, you go and prepare for whatever awaits at the ship. You have no idea what awaits at the crash site of the spacecraft...


Registration Thread
 
“Oh! My apologies I must’ve not seen you there...It’s great to you meet you!

Shambling bones hovers towards you

“You have a magnificent figure! To what pleasure do I owe your company?”
 
“Such a deep and philosophical question to start with. What am I? I could give you the rundown and tell you all about me. Obviously I won’t since no one really cares.”

The structure shakes and jangles its body,with its limbs barely hanging on.

CHK CHK



“I am...a Care...Uh...hmmmph. C-a-r-e-t-a-k-e-r. That’s what I am,yeah!”
 
Last edited:
1,443
343
“Well then, what exactly’s this whole debacle about?” An armored man approaches the current gathering, being part of the military force provided to deal with this sort of thing. He wears a leather jacket, alongside high tech gloves, over his current armor set. “We’re dealing with Aliens and get provided some form of Skeleton creature to deal with it? And what’re you, some form of Knight? It’s 2099, not the Middle Ages.”
He laughs, sticking out a single hand toward the both of them, in hopes they’ll shake. “Nice to meet you all. Name’s Alexander, you can call me Alex. Presume yer here to help out with the giant spacecraft as well? Hope you’re prepared, we’ve probably got work to do.”
 
1,443
343
“Well then, that’s good. Whatever’s in that thing, it’s bad news. See all the forces we’re bringing out? No way something powerful isn’t in there. We haven’t even gotten everyone here yet, there’s more en route. And in Death Valley, of all the places and all the times. Guess whatever’s in their’s bout to learn their lesson then.”
 
(Won’t be active much until 6pm EST,sorry if I take forever to respond)
"Throughout my life I have seen confusing things, but you take the trophy"
“aaaaaa-AH! I nearly forgot to extend to courtesy. Who are you? Of course...you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to but it would be an honor to meet you!”


He laughs, sticking out a single hand toward the both of them, in hopes they’ll shake. “Nice to meet you all. Name’s Alexander, you can call me Alex. Presume yer here to help out with the giant spacecraft as well? Hope you’re prepared, we’ve probably got work to do.”
“A pleasure....nghhh”

Rattling and crunching, it’s hard shell turns bright yellow

“...I would extend the courtesy-If I had limbs of course. AL. A-LEX...ANDer.

ALEX-ANDER. Alexander! What a wonderful name! I don’t really know what work we’re doing..but I am always here to assist you with your endeavors!”
 
3,331
252
Suddenly, the ship starts again. Whoever is inside appeared to be trying to get it off the ground and leave.

"Fire!" One of the commanders shouts toward the numerous soldiers. Immediately after the command was given, multiple soldiers began to fire their guns toward the ship. It was doing practically nothing, even amongst all of the soldiers that were firing almost omnidirectionally.
 
1,443
343
“WHAT THE-“ Alex shouts, startled by the sudden sounds of many, many soldiers firing all at once. He hadn‘t expected an escape this early. This many troops must’ve startled the enemy! They need to think of a plan, quickly. “You two! Skeleton, Knight! Opening fire on this thing doesn’t seem to do much. All I’ve got is a knife, and I’d prefer not to throw it head-on into a potential battleship. What’ve you got on you? We need something, stat!”
 
3,331
252
The ship begins to barely hover off the ground, rotating as something begins to pop out of it. Sure enough, they appeared to be some kind of cannons appearing by the front of the ship, taking aim at the individuals below. The ship was seemingly short on power, so the cannons on it would slowly begin to whir as an ominous purple light was flickering and beginning to emanate from the cannon's openings.
 
The homonuculus rattled and knacked, dragging the torso towards cover

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa-a-a-a. I’m ok,how about you Angelo?”
 
Last edited:
3,331
252
The ship hovered a bit higher before eventually dropping in altitude. It looked as though the cannons were draining the ship's energy. Whoever was piloting it would have to choose between firing their way out or spending all of the ship's remaining energy on a getaway attempt.
 
1,443
343
“A Shotgun? It doesn’t seem to be making a dent....” Alex perks up. He’s about to say something, but then notices that the ship’s coming down. He suddenly has an idea. “Know what? What’re we hiding for! We’re soldiers, dang it! It can’t fire and fly at the same time. Let’s find a way to board.“
Too easily excited to really care for any objections, Alexander begins to sneak around the area, attempting to be unseen by the Ship’s Pilot and find a blind spot that they can’t board with.
 
3,331
252
The ship continued to hover. The cannons appeared to power down, and the ship began to slowly gain altitude.
 
1,443
343
“No, no, no, no!” Alexander shouts. He’s no one to give orders, but he likes to play leader so he’ll try. “I’m doing fine, Skeleton, they never opened fire. Knight, soldiers, focus fire on the ships engines! If we can cause them to burst, they may lose their altitude, or, even better, their ship to lose power!”
Having supposedly found no entry point, Alex will instead attempt to take his knife out, and throw it towards the supposed area it’s being piloted from. Perhaps that area would be weaker than the rest of the ship, requiring to see out of it? Who knows, but it’s worth a shot.
 
3,331
252
The knife didn't put a scratch on the ship, and it continued to slowly creep up and gain altitude at a slightly faster rate...
 
“I’m rather worthless here,so...uh. I’ll provide you postive reinforcement!

“You can do it! Do that thing your trying to do! Nothing can stop you now.Whatever it is..”
 
1,443
343
“You can try something, Skeleton! No one’s worthless! Throw your shovel at it or something- it’s worth a shot, you can always pick it up later. For now though...” Alexander proceeds to dip into the little military camp they have set up. “I’m going to try and find an explosive!” Should he find an explosive, you know what’s happening. Bomb. Ship. Make it happen.
 
3,331
252
They hadn't yet had a chance to use explosives on the ship due to it flying up higher. However, they did have explosives at their disposal to utilize.
 
“I sure would,but I can’t exactly lend you a hand...ha-ha...err. My point being is that I have no limbs Alexander, but I hope my words of inspiration are enough!”

“eee...aaa...hmmm...

N E V E R G I V E U P!”
 
4,908
304
"If we destroy the main engine, it will be slower and it will only have the secondary ones that should be less powerful" Angelo continued firing
 
3,331
252
The ship continued to elevate. However, it seemed as though the power of the ship is slowly declining, as the speed of its ascension had decreased at this point.
 
1,443
343
Gosh darn it. I guess all these explosives are just ground explosives then. He needs to stop the ship somehow, though. Hopefully some of those extra troops get here soon, but now he has an idea. He’s wearing the armor- this armor can apparently increase your natural strength and durability. May as well try that out.
Crouching down, bending his knees, Alexander proceeds to leap through the air. He’s trying to grab hold of the ship, and keep hold of the ship, attempting to use his lifting strength coupled with his gloves to stick on.
“What in the world’s this thing made of? Yer shots do absolutely nothing! And we don’t even have explosives! What military doesn’t have explosives? I swear....” Yeah ok he’s just rambling in frustration by now.
 
1,443
343
(The ships escaping and we don’t have any grenades. that’s all. Oh, and it’s literally impenetrable by anything we seem to dish out, disregarding the Antimatter Shovel since Caretaker can’t throw it.)
 
(Fuck I forgot about that,I thought you were referring to a regular shovel).

“You know Alexander, you have limbs. I recommend to throw the shovel at the ship...”
 
1,443
343
Sadly, Alexander is a bit busy trying to leap/hold onto a flying spaceship. He’s also a bit agitated at it due to the fact that nothing can penetrate it, so he can’t quite hear you at the moment. What a shame.

(It’s fine. Alex doesn’t even know it’s Antimatter, Antimatter looks exactly like normal matter. He was just suggesting you do something, lol)
 
“a-a-a-a-ahah! Another good friend is awake! I’m-

The pieces quake,dodging a blast from the craft

“I guess there aren’t any time for greetings...can you throw that shovel over there?”

“Hnngh...You don’t have to , but it would be of great help!”
 
1,443
343
(I mean, it technically doesn’t. Rather, the reaction of Antimatter + Matter does, causing things to violently explode.
....
technically we should all be dead just from it being nearby. Let’s call it Future Magic, lol)
 
1,443
343
(Antimatter is literally just normal matter, barring the fact that when it comes into contact with actual matter, it explodes. Violently. A very small amount could probably outdo a nuke, actually. It even looks the same.)
 
3,331
252
The ship rotates as it ascends in an attempt to shake Alex off it. If Alex is near the windshield of the spacecraft, the glow from what appeared to be 8 glowing sources of light gazing toward him. The look is seemingly one of anger, then a slight wince. Not long after this look, the ship would spin at a far more rapid pace.
 
Last edited:
1,443
343
“Dear mother of all that is holy-“ Alexander shouts as he’s whirled and whirled and whirled around. Oh lord this is disorienting. But now the adrenaline’s pumping, and boy is that never going to stop. Alexander keeps his grip, keeps holding on, and begins to slam his foot into the ship, attempting to break the glass and get in. Oh lord whats he doing...
”Miiiiyyyyyy Kniiiifffee! Soooohmowwwwnn thhhrowwww meeee miiiiiiyyyyy kniiiifffeeee!” Alexander shouts, disoriented from all the spinning. “Theeyyyy’rre trrryyyinng toooo shaakkkkeeeee meeeee offfffffffffphhtpphhhh-“ oh crap bug in his mouth ew ew ew
 
3,331
252
(Oof, I forgot to cover the antimatter shovel)

As the ship spins, one of the thrusters is hit by the antimatter shovel, causing it to explode. The ship is still in the air, but its flight has become far more unstable. It continues to rotate, but also struggles to keep its current altitude.

The eyes inside scowl again, still trying to shake Alex off the plane and leave.
 
1,443
343
Sudden altitude changes, lack of grip and constant, constant spinning is a tad too much for poor Alex. As the engine suddenly blows, he happens to lose his grip, and is flung straight up into the air. And... there he goes! The brave man.... is inn the air! He gives you guys a thumbs up, but you’re pretty sure he’s the opposite of a thumbs up.
And, as gravity works, now he’s going to go down. Oh lord, he’s going to smack straight into the ship. Bang. Geez, the Skeleton could probably hear the thud from there. Yikes. Not much to do here, Alex just grabs on for dear life.
 
1,443
343
(We get weapons, just no powers/weapons claimed as Powers. For example, Alex would probably be trying to use his Knife as a grip, but he threw it at the ship like an idiot. He get confident like that at times, probably a tad too confident.)
 
4,148
358
(Aight)

Soba sighs, and tries to look for the knife, pulling out the Power Pole. "I think I can get on it if I simply extend up to it." He says to himself.
 
“Hey! Y-You there! Err...aaa...I don’t believe I know you..but you could be of great help if you wish! Seriously, we could really use it right now but it’s up to you.I’ll still enjoy your presence either way!”
 
3,331
252
The ship continues to spin and spiral out of control, gradually descending as it spins around. Whoever is inside has no intention of staying here, and is still trying to get away with what little power they have left on the ship. Suddenly, more power goes into the remaining thrusters, as the spacecraft's pilot tries desperately to leave this place.
 
3,331
252
The Nyoibō (yes, I used the Japanese name for the Power Pole) strikes, rifle blasts and shotgun blasts begin to do some damage to one of the remaining thrusters. After more firing, one of the thrusters goes out, causing the flight patterns to be even more unstable.

Out of options, the pilot of the craft decides to make a last-ditch move. Aiming the ship's cannons at the ground below, the pilot attempts to use the blasts from the cannons to provide thrust to propel the ship higher up into the air, not to attack any of the forces. However, the pilot did feel like shooting the ones who took out several of the thrusters, but would not afford to waste any more power.
 
Last edited:
1,443
343
Oh boy, was that a doozy. Oh everything hurts. Wait a second.... Alexander begins to sit up, noticing the difference in flight patterns. Oh no, they’re going to fire at the troops! There’s gotta be something he can do, yes? Confident in his abilities, he schooches down the side of the ship, taking aim at one of the cannons. At an attempt of what will probably be useless, he attempts to strike and pull at whatevers connecting the Cannon and Ship to break it off! Obviously, he’s not striking at something that theyre firing at though, no worries.
 
4,148
358
Soba moves out of the way of the cannons, and simply retracts his Power Pole (Nyoibo) and then slams it against the ground, grabbing onto it. "Extend, Power Pole!" he shouts, as it expands upwards to try and get into the ship,as to not let it get away.
 
3,331
252
To any outsider, it would look as though pandemonium has ensued. Seeing another person on the spacecraft, the pilot attempts to spin the ship even faster to shake both of them off it. However, as this is attempted, a cannon goes out, causing the ship to lower in elevation slightly.
 
3,331
252
More whirring can be heard. The pilot must be trying to use the remaining cannon at full power to generate even more thrust to get away. These humans were proving to be quite the nuisance, though. The ship struggles to increase in altitude, as well as trying to maintain stability due to the damages it had maintained.
 
3,331
252
(Sorry if it seems repetitive, y'all. I'm partly trying to buy time for other members of the RP to contribute, since I know for sure that one person isn't doing too well right now.)
 
3,331
252
The second cannon begins to suffer more damage. Seeing no other option, the pilot diverts all of the ship's remaining power to the damaged cannon, attempting to get as far away as they can before it's eventually destroyed.
 
1,443
343
As the cannon falls off the ship, so too does Alexander, who was pretty much relying on it to remain on board. He proceeds to land on the ground with a thud. Holding his head, he stands up, and lifts the cannon. “Wonder If I can do something with this. Wait a second...” Alex lies it against the ground, and attempts to fire it at the ship. Assuming there’s no magic ‘fire’ button, he’s trying to Hotwire it, like a car.
“Watch yer heads!” Alex shouts, aiming at the ship.
 
3,331
252
The hotwiring doesn't appear to be working. The severed cannon is still operational, but has no power, as if it's missing a battery or an energy source.
 
1,443
343
Gosh darn useless piece of crap “Useless piece of sh...” Alex’s voice is suddenly muffled (wow! Surprise!) as he heads back into the little military setup. Maybe they have a battery? This is 2099, who doesn’t carry around at least 50 uranium batteries and stockpiles them in their future tents.
 
3,331
252
Gradually, the remaining cannon was being chipped away at more and more. However, the lack of ammo from Eden's gun would slow down the progress made to destroy it. Continuing to put power in it, the pilot of the spacecraft attempts to get as much height as possible, hoping to exit the atmosphere at bare minimum.
 
3,331
252
(Oof, I forgot about that)

There were plenty of batteries there to use. Now, it was a matter of seeing whether or not they'd be able to power the cannon.
 
1,443
343
Finding Power Sources, Alexander runs out the camp and approaches the cannon, holding as many batteries as he can. Taking aim, he shouts towards his allies. “You should probably get out of the way, cannon blast coming through! Move it or you’ll lose it, it being yer head!” He begins his work, attempting to hotwire the Cannons to the battery pile while keeping it aimed at the ship.
 
3,331
252
The cannon Alex uses begins to power up. A whirring noise from it grows louder, visually complimented by a purple light beginning to emanate even brighter. The pilot notices this light beginning to shine. Without hesitation, the alien pilot jumps out of the ship. After this occurs, the cannon is at full power, firing a massive blast that penetrates the ship and lights the sky in the same purple hue as the blast. The ship explodes and wreckage from it crashes down below.

The alien pilot is now on the ground, now fully visible to the entire military force that immediately draws all weapons on the creature. The alien creature is quite tall, standing about 7 feet tall with a very muscular build. It's glowing eyes were not as intimidating due to the bright sky having a superior brightness. It wears a build similar to a martial art's gi. However, it has a grotesque wound above its torso and blood stains near the shirt area, as well as several deep cuts and dark bruises about its body. The creature appears to be on the verge of falling unconscious from its injuries. If a human were to sustain what this creature had and survive, nonetheless still be standing, that person would be considered a living miracle.

"C-Corel Na'Ra...." The creature says in a deep voice, "Elef, fro Corel Na'Ra si mognic..."

(This is an idea of what the creature looks like. Just imagine the aforementioned injuries as well.)
 
3,331
252
The creature merely closes his eyes hearing Eden's request. After a few seconds he opens them and looks toward Eden.

"The threat of attack was so your troops would withdraw and I could leave. I have no intention of visiting or exploring this primitive planet whatsoever..." The creature replies, "And now your primordial kind have placed your self at risk of greater danger..."
 
Top