• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beast Zero Gudako said:
I think One of my greatest nightmaresish thread I ever made is pretty outdated and borderline stompish too.
Need to be removed.
Yeah, I agree the match is outdated; for instance, this match consisted of Kriemhild Gretchen's second key which was updated to Unknow, eventually became 2-A. Other changes, such as new additions of powers and capabilities, have been added to the profiles.. The High 1-B erasure from The Emperor of Mankind does feel stompish, also. I will remove the match.

Edit: Done.

I'm proposing that this thread, which is a fight between Dexter and Light Yagami, be removed from the site. Now, full disclosure: most of my arguments in that thread weren't of much merit. My main con seemed to be the fact that Dexter was far smarter and had the Dream-o-tron 3000. And while the first one was fair, the second one was me dabbling with NLF in a bad way and I apologize for that.

However. In that thread, when I said that Light would be completely unable to figure out who Dexter's identity was due to Dexter's shapeshifting, nobody responded to that point even though it's a completely fair one. Dexter can alter his age and appearance to a high degree (he has made himself look completely different, and has turned himself into an elderly person and a baby as well), and can also throw Light off his track by cloning himself. With the shapeshifting and cloning, Light will not find out who is hunting him before the universe succumbs to heat death. There's absolutely nothing he could do against that, and nobody in that thread bat an eye at this point.

There's also another point I didn't bring up in this thread, and it's that Dexter could actually just nuke the entire earth at a point. He gets paranoid quite easily and has gone to extreme extents to take care of trivial issues. If his life was on the line, I would not put it past him.

Dexter also has the power to turn 30 seconds into 30 minutes, so he has a helluva lot more time to research on Light than Light does to research on Dexter.Dexter can also travel through time, too, if he ever thinks Light is getting too close in his search (which will be pretty quickly as, again, he's very paranoid). At a point, Dexter sent his consciousness back through time.

So yah, Dexter wins because he has all the time in the world too, while Light literally cannot.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Since Buzz (Kingdom Hearts) was downgraded from High 4-C to unknown. Somebody needs to remove the victory match from MCU Thano's page
I removed.

Boa Hancock vs HA DIO

This is most likely a stomp. DIO resists Transmutation, rendering Hancock's DF powers useless, and she can't put him down despite the stat difference because of High-Mid Regenerationn. He outhaxxes badly, resists the only reliable wincon and can come back from the damage.

The Calaca said:
Boa Hancock vs HA DIO
This is most likely a stomp. DIO resists Transmutation, rendering Hancock's DF powers useless, and she can't put him down despite the stat difference because of High-Mid Regenerationn. He outhaxxes badly, resists the only reliable wincon and can come back from the damage.
It seems more like HA DIO has a major advantage as opposed to it being a stomp. Outhaxing an opponent doesn't seem to be a legitimate reason for getting rid of a fight (see Katniss Everdeen vs Hermoine Granger), and her lacking a wincon is bad, but doesn't seem removal-worthy.

@Pen

Nope, i'm on the tread and nothing of that kind is beinbg proposed, in fact the rules are getting tighter on what a stomp is.

@Ayawale

Ridiculus claim

It was brought up multiple times that not having a win con didn't make it an absolute stomp, it was more base down how onesided the fight was, earl was annoyed with it and there was a lot of back and forth but from what I could tell not having a viable win con didnt instantly make it a stomp any more....though the thread did go on for a while so I could be wrong.

No, Earl was saying that having regen that one can't overcome is stomp worthy

which they agreed, as that actually ment more minor regen advantage, like a normal human vs a normal human with Mid-Low Regen

Oracle's match against Medaka should be removed, as she doen't have the range to even affect all Oracles

HA DIO's match against Oracle should be removed, as Overwrite was changed from thought based to touch based, which make it impossible for him to pull off because of the 4 Km distance between them before Oracles thinks once, with Time Stop not helping because of it not having 2-A range and thus not blocking the parallel universe Oracles from dong sceninigans

HA DIO's match against Athena should be removed, as she passivelly incapacitates him thanks to her divine cosmos shutting down senses, also her Mid-Godly Regenerationn make her impossible for him to take down.

I thought our definition of a stomp was more than just 'this character lacks a wincon': the majority of the ******* fights on this wiki boil down to one of the characters not having a wincon. So yes, it's clear that wouldn't amke the fight a stomp. And the regen thing wouldn't make the fight a stomp, etiher.

@Ayewale

Actualy no, most matches come down to "This character is more likely to win".

also, yes, it does as shown by the fact that all Spongebob wins were removed because of his regen making him unbeatable by the opponents

Spongebob is one character out of thousands, and his fights were only removed because Spongebob is an extremely popular combatant here. His stomp-ish fights are more easy to notice.

Anyways, yes, all fights come down to 'This character is more likely to win'. A character having no wincon means they can't win, so the other opponent will usually have a greater chance to win.

That's why this thread exists, to remove the stomp threads among other things, so if you feel like you have seen some that should be removed, please post them here.

and no, that would be "This character will win no matter what", not "Is more likely to"

I have already posted some that I think should be removed. And I'm trying to argue that Boa Hancock v Dio isn't a stomp because there are hundreds if not thousands of matches similar or even worse than that matchup that are not stomps.

Also given the knew criteria for Stomps got revised recently, I don't think that argument holds valid anymore.

I can't really take you seriously about hundreds or thousands of similar matches, Ayewale.

Many of those has the other dude have an alternative if they can't kill. Boa literally can do nothing but hit the dude ineffectually until he either gets her or she gets succed.

"Ignored"?

Everyone here, me, Lance and Overlord are talking directly to you

Ignored is the complete opposite.

I'll list her viable wincons:

> AP advantage.

Nulled by High-Mid regen.

> Petrification.

Holy Corpse resists.

These two options are the only reliable wincons Hancock has, but they are inmediately negged by DIO's powers.

Ayewale said:
I'm proposing that this thread, which is a fight between Dexter and Light Yagami, be removed from the site. Now, full disclosure: most of my arguments in that thread weren't of much merit. My main con seemed to be the fact that Dexter was far smarter and had the Dream-o-tron 3000. And while the first one was fair, the second one was me dabbling with NLF in a bad way and I apologize for that.
However. In that thread, when I said that Light would be completely unable to figure out who Dexter's identity was due to Dexter's shapeshifting, nobody responded to that point even though it's a completely fair one. Dexter can alter his age and appearance to a high degree (he has made himself look completely different, and has turned himself into an elderly person and a baby as well), and can also throw Light off his track by cloning himself. With the shapeshifting and cloning, Light will not find out who is hunting him before the universe succumbs to heat death. There's absolutely nothing he could do against that, and nobody in that thread bat an eye at this point.

There's also another point I didn't bring up in this thread, and it's that Dexter could actually just nuke the entire earth at a point. He gets paranoid quite easily and has gone to extreme extents to take care of trivial issues. If his life was on the line, I would not put it past him.

Dexter also has the power to turn 30 seconds into 30 minutes, so he has a helluva lot more time to research on Light than Light does to research on Dexter.Dexter can also travel through time, too, if he ever thinks Light is getting too close in his search (which will be pretty quickly as, again, he's very paranoid). At a point, Dexter sent his consciousness back through time.

So yah, Dexter wins because he has all the time in the world too, while Light literally cannot.
Reposting my request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back