• An important announcement about how to solve problems with your discussion thread notifications, and other important issues.

Please click here for further information.
  • Important information regarding the linking of images from Fandom wikis.

• Important information regarding upcoming advertisements in this forum.

Versus Thread Removal Requests 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Sysop
The real cal howard said:
Sonic vs Lavos
Lavos's regen being upgraded to conceptual ruins Sonic's wincon.
Wait, would this change matter much because Lavos has no resistance to Conceptual Manipulation from what I see on it profile?

Elizhaa said:
The real cal howard said:
Sonic vs Lavos
Lavos's regen being upgraded to conceptual ruins Sonic's wincon.
Wait, would this change matter much because Lavos has no resistance to Conceptual Manipulationfrom what I see on it profile?
Because Sonic won by destroying Lavos' concept, which he now can come back from

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Due to Ikki Kurogane recently having his phantom form changed to willpower Manip, mind resistance is able to ignore this, and since he got a downgrade in AP and Dura recently a couple of his matches should be relooked at.

From what I can tell his two matches against Issei Hyoudou and Cole MacGrath (Evil Karma) need to be removed as his only win con in those fights was Dura negation through phantom form, which they outright resist.

Schnee One said:
Due to Ikki Kurogane recently having his phantom form changed to willpower Manip, mind resistance is able to ignore this, and since he got a downgrade in AP and Dura recently a couple of his matches should be relooked at.
From what I can tell his two matches against Issei Hyoudou and Cole MacGrath (Evil Karma) need to be removed as his only win con in those fights was Dura negation through phantom form, which they outright resist.
His match against Mori Ji needs to be removed as well, ikkis win con was him hitting mori with phatom form, mori resist willpower manip and mental manip... So ikki gets oneshot and can't really respond.

Overlord775 said:
Oracle's match against Medaka should be removed, as she doen't have the range to even affect all Oracles
HA DIO's match against Oracle should be removed, as Overwrite was changed from thought based to touch based, which make it impossible for him to pull off because of the 4 Km distance between them before Oracles thinks once, with Time Stop not helping because of it not having 2-A range and thus not blocking the parallel universe Oracles from dong sceninigans

HA DIO's match against Athena should be removed, as she passivelly incapacitates him thanks to her divine cosmos shutting down senses, also her Mid-Godly Regenerationn make her impossible for him to take down.
<_<

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Requesting the removal of Accelerator vs Kurumi Tokisaki

Accelerators jobbing attitude was heavily overestimated in the previous thread and we had a discussion regarding his mindset in the rematch, which he was winning pretty comfortably until it was brought up that Kurumis Type 3 Acausality was Combat applicable, meaning it's a stomp as a Accel can't kill her.

Accels profile is locked, so I can't open it.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Sysop
The pen or the sword:
I agree with removing those Ikki's matches so I handled them.

We should rename the key as it covers everything from end p1 to the end of p2 where he absorbed the evolved to gain his higher key, pretty sure me an death mentioned that in the match as well... So yeah I think the battle should be fine.

Why? its just that his end game p1 key covers everything from the end of p1 to the end of p2, nothing's changed its just a matter of a poorly named key.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
You kinda answered your own question

It says End of Prototype 1, You can edit it so it makes sense

A user called Apex PredatorX has removed the matches from both of Mothra Leo's profile and Alex Mercer's profile. From what I can see, they hasn't requested the versus match to be removed from both of the profiles as they did so under their own volition. And based on their edits, the reason they did so is because Mothra Leo's AP/Tier got bumped to 7-B.

In this thread, the matchup isn't dependent on AP as Mercer's Regenerationn makes the AP difference negligible with several various hax abilities of his that bypasses conventional durability, whereas Leo has that Crystilisation/Petrification ability (which should bypass conventional durability) that is definitely in-character to use but he lost because Mercer is likely to achieve his win-condition first due to Leo's combat mindset.

The user removed the matches from the profiles without consorting to this thread.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Going to give reasons on why I will remove this thread https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3259844?useskin=oasis#46 if no one disagrees

This thread is absolute trash, first off the only reasoning given, that literally everyone FRA'd was "Both are insanely haxed so I'll vote Incon"

That's literally it

No one, and I mean no one, actually accounted for what that Hax meant, or how strong it was

Godzilla also has a massive AP advantage by being equal to Thor, while Spiderman is weaker then Quaser who is weaker then a heavily restrained Thor in mental turmoil.

Both were given a month of prep as well meaning both would lead with their best stuff

That includes radiation spread and Time Stop for Godzilla out of many others

This thread is immensely lazy, has the worst reasoning I've ever seen, and I will remove if there are no arguments against it any time soon.

Superman vs. Captain Universe Spider-Ma

Basically, Spider-Man really has no hope here and I'll explain why:

1. He's outmuscled. Superman is 615 kilofoe. Spider-Man is < Quasar < heavily restrained Thor, off his game < Silver Surfer (389 kilofoe) =< Thor. So, really, Spidey is gonna have to struggle to do any real damage. This is on top of the fact that Supes does heal/shrugg off minor damage very quickly.

2. Supes resists everything that Spidey brings to the table. Matter Manip? Resisted. Energy Projection? Also resisted. Not too mention that Supes could just phase through anything given that Spidey doesn't have Non-Physical interaction.

3. Spidey also lacks certain abilities in this form as when he was Captain Universe, he hadn't gained them yet. The big one here is Way of the Spider meaning Spidey wouldn't have Pressure Points, Paralysis Inducement and would be way less skilled. IIRC, Spidey hasn't actually been CU in like 30 years...

Really, the matchup is Spidey trying to punch out someone who is really outside his weight class.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
The difference seems to be barely over 2x tho. That's not enough to make Sups tank everything Spidey has to offer.

It's not just AP/Dura, though. If it was, I wouldn't be make even talking about this.

It's a combo of the AP/Dura + Regen + Resistances + Phasing.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
his fight with Cole Macgrath should be removed since he's 7-A at best, which just means Goku oneshots now.

looking at this fight agai. Mario vs Frank West

It's a range/arsenal/skill stomp. Franks got the obvious arsenal and skills by landslide. And There's like a good hundreds to thousand meter gap in between em. But only Franky boi has range really. So no actually way Mario could really get close or win. So Mario doesn't have any realistic way to win.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Hold up how is Mercury vs Spiderman a stomp?

You even tried to come here saying the reasons were wrong

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Content Moderator
His sword humans into low level demons ignores durability and he leads with mind manip against humans.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
Doesn't Yang like... one-shot stronger characters than Hiei tho?

Might wanna make a rematch. The thread is really old and nobody seemed to compare them how it should be done.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
I'll ask about those with characters I know a bit about.

>Peridot vs Luffy

Nah, he doesn't need it and I'm pretty sure none of us wants to get over this song and dance again.

>Nora vs Josuke

Explain, please. There's almost 200 replies.

>Jaune vs Kuwabara

Oh, I want to hear this one. Explain how two are comparable yet Kuwabara stomps.

>Weiss vs Polnareff

I ask for this cause of the meme

I suppose it's due to "muh Stando powah".

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Content Moderator
>Nora vs Josuke

Crazy diamond nopes her projectiles and invisibility spams and haxes her in cqc. Just because it has 200 replies doesnt mean it cant be a stomp.

>Jaune vs Kuwabara

My mistake, i misread the profile and thought Kuwabara has dura negation in his 8-C key

>Weiss vs Polnareff

That and the fact that the main argument was that people were claiming that Weiss wouldnt use ranged attacks or elemental attacks against a seemingly unarmed man

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
What I meant is that I don't want to look after the reasons as why is a stomp. I'm well aware that long threads might be argued for stomps.

But she wouldn't? What's the problem with this?

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Because she would? Because she uses elemental and ranged attacks against unarmed oppoinents all the time?

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
If the match ends up being a win for Pol then the only thing that should be done is to replace the thread's link. The same if Weiss wins, but moving the code from one section to another. It's less troublesome, especially since those threads you're arguing ain't outdated.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Content Moderator
The Calaca said:
If the match ends up being a win for Pol then the only thing that should be done is to replace the thread's link. The same if Weiss wins, but moving the code from one section to another. It's less troublesome, especially since those threads you're arguing ain't outdated.
Then do that if its remade but for now it will be removed

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
doesn't matter, it's a wincon that's possible for Weiss. It's just a decisive win for Kimblee, not a flat out stomp cause Weiss can still do things.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Theglassman12 said:
doesn't matter, it's a wincon that's possible for Weiss. It's just a decisive win for Kimblee, not a flat out stomp cause Weiss can still do things.
By the new rules it is a stomp in kimblee's favor

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Which rules are you talking about?

Common Examples of a Decisive/Non-Stomp Match

• Both characters have several methods of winning, including options that allow them to win instantly. However, one character can reliably use/activate their winning move(s) first.
  • One character has more ways to win than the other, but the other character wins more times than not due to matchup specifics that allow/cause them to use their winning move(s) immediately.
If you're talking about the stomp revisions this is literally the description of what Kimblee vs Weiss' match is.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Why wouldn't Weiss be able to one shot him? When she had the speed advantage and a blitz worthy Amp?

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Content Moderator
By SBA they start 4 km away

Kimblee has a range of tens of kilometers vs Weiss' hundreds of meters

Kimblee's explosions are hundreds of meters to kilometers in range and they dont have a projectile to dodge or even see coming

Kimblee spams explosions in character since he has a philosopher stone

So please explain how this isnt a stomp

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Weiss can still oneshot cause he's a glass cannon. Kimblee's durability is wall level at best, AKA he can die easily to a High 8-C attack. That's still a wincon that Weiss has. It would be a stomp if he wasn't a glass cannon and was on her level in terms of durability and can still oneshot.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Being a glass cannon is a poor excuse when they start outside of weiss' range and Weiss would need to cover a significant amount of ground to even have a chance of attacking him before Kimblee basically just raises his hand

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Because the speed advantage isnt enough to cross the gap before Kimblee moves his hand slightly and to use her amp she needs to be stationary for a brief moment beforehand

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
@Weekly that still doesn't debunk the point that Weiss can potentially oneshot him. Kimblee just has a better chance of dealing the killing blow than her, which again isn't a stomp. At best its a decisive match for Kimblee.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
despite having a decent speed advantage in that fight. Again the oneshot is possible for Weiss, read the examples of Non stomp matches, that's literally Kimblee vs Weiss in a nutshell.

Oblivion_Of_The_Endless

VS Battles
Wiki Thread Moderator
The thing is, Kimble always starts with 7-C attacks (when he has the phylosophy stone, that is), so Weiss will never have the chance to reach him before getting one shotted

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Content Moderator
A speed advantage that makes literally no difference here as she just instantly gets oneshotted by a multi-kilometer wide 7-C attack before she even gets in range to be able to have a chance of oneshotting him

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Common Examples of a Decisive/Non-Stomp Match

• Both characters have several methods of winning, including options that allow them to win instantly. However, one character can reliably use/activate their winning move(s) first.
Again, this isn't a stomp match. It would be a stomp if Weiss being able to oneshot Kimblee is not something she can do due to lack of AP to do so, and again she has the speed advantage in that fight.

Oblivion_Of_The_Endless

VS Battles
Wiki Thread Moderator
No, its indeed a stomp. That match would only be decisive and "fair" if Kimble had some possibility of starting with other attack rather than the 7-C one

But he always starts with it, so Weiss has no chance even if we consider all the possibilities. Kimble loves the phylosophy stone and he abuses the power of it

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Content Moderator
If she were in range from the get go it would not be a stomp but she is not, therfore it is a stomp as there is no plausable scenario in which weiss is able to win here

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
@Oblivion That alone isn't proof of it being unfair. Again it literally says even matches where the character can win instantly, AKA his explosions oneshotting Weiss, aren't considered stomps. That's just a decisive match at best.

@Weekly Again, speed advantage, with Glyphs, can make her get really close to Kimblee and into her range. The possibility is there, Kimblee just has a better chance of winning.

Saying that Weiss can oneshot doesn't mean much because Kimblee can also oneshot, has greater range and will always do the attack that oneshots.

His combo of abilities and mindset effectively compensate for his weakness, basically removing it from the board as something Weiss could exploit. Her chances of winning are effectively zero. That makes it a stomp.

Dang Fandom ate my last post. I know this is unrelated to the other post but how is J'zargo vs Weiss a stomp? They both literally had the same win condition. Freeze/paralyze the enemy then blast them. J'zargo barely won and he only did win because his wards can stop Weiss' ice while aura couldn't stop his paralysis.

Granted that thread may be removed in the future but it's not because that match was a stomp (I'm planning on downgrading J'zargo but I won't have time until Sunday to make the thread).

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Speed means nothing when your opponent nukes you from kilometers away with a gesture before you get in range to have a chance to oneshot

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Content Moderator
@Keeweed Because J'zargo just needs to look at weiss to paralyze, its a technique he leads with in-character, and he spams it in-character and its not dodgeable, whereas weiss actuvely needs to move and use abilities to do the same and its dodgeable and she cant do so while frozen whereas j'zargo can

Ok I see the problem. When I voted for J'zargo I knew his paralysis is a projectile and I believe most people did but nobody corrected the person saying it's instant, as most people said he's more likely to pull it off not that he just instantly can do it.

At worst I can see that needing a rematch (though I want to try and downgrade J'zargo soon so I'll just wait to remove that match until then).

Status
Not open for further replies.