• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade Yggdrasil/RKT/TWSAIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait wouldn't Seth being capable of affecting the roots be an actual feat ?

This actually makes my future thread about the nature of " all realities " feats being not limited to Alternate Earths but instead imply higher infiites in most feats and implying the full Multiverse is affected a lot easier.

The Axiom of Virgo said:
Naturally I agree with the proposals, Thor in general needs more respect (especially from the current Marvel writers but I digress).
Well Marvel as of lately has really been ******** on their most popular characters, seems the only ones who are consistenly the same are fellas like Deadpool, Thanos, Spider-Man/Venom, Ghost Rider, etc.

Intuitively such a massive upgrade seems very exaggerated to me, as I do not recall that RKT was remotely portrayed as this powerful within the relevant story itself, and it likely requires lots of pieced together unrelated information from other stories and writers, but I also haven't had the time to check through the evidence.

You should ask all of the following members to comment here in order to make certain:

Sera EX, Matthew Schroeder, Zensum, C2 of Omego, Eficiente, Qawsedf234, PrinceOfTheMorning, Sandman31, SuperAPM, Zark2099, ClassicNESfa, Firestorm808, Hykuu.

Starting from point 1, it seems to make sense that Yggdrasil as a whole is a multiversal, likely hyperversal structure.

Antvasima said:
Intuitively such a massive upgrade seems very exaggerated to me, as I do not recall that RKT was remotely portrayed as this powerful within the relevant story itself, and it likely requires lots of pieced together unrelated information from other stories and writers, but I also haven't had the time to check through the evidence.
It is not "piecing together unrelated information", though, especially when you consider that Odin mentioned Thor destroying Those-Who-Sit-Above-In-Shadow and ending Ragnarok in the same comic where it is shown that the former inhabit the Outside, and also the same comic where Yggdrasil is described as encompassing all stories, which then happens to be a very recent tie-in of the 2015 Secret Wars written by AI Ewing.

Okay. Noted. I would still prefer more input from the members I mentioned earlier though, as this is an extremely drastic change.

I do not remember so well. Sorry. Anyway, we obviously cannot scale Surtur, Odin, and all more powerful Marvel Comics characters to Low 1-A due to Surtur threatening to burn Yggdrasil.

wait a sec wouldn't that make odin low 1A aswell since he stoped a fire that nearly destroyed the world tree

and wouldn't that by extention make anyone above odin low 1A?

Ant literally just said that wouldn't happen.

Antvasima said:
I do not remember so well. Sorry. Anyway, we obviously cannot scale Surtur, Odin, and all more powerful Marvel Comics characters to Low 1-A due to Surtur threatening to burn Yggdrasil.

Couldn't we say that Surtur only burned a manifestation of Yggdrasil as Kep said and make it clear that only Thor and those shadow gods scale to the full Yggdrasil?

We would have to follow Kepekley's suggestion regarding Odin and Surtur if we upgrade RKT and TWSAIS.

Which would mean Surtur's AP description would have to be changed, since it says he was burning the entire Yggdrasil.

Honestly to me, the portion of Yghdrassil would only scale to Deep Space [since Otherworld connects to at bare minimum Deep Space and honestly seems like a safe lowball] rather than the full tree, which would be consistent with other feats on that level and indications. It wouldn't be Low 1-A, but it would be High 1-B

Alright I'll shut up. But let me ask this : Where am I wrong at ? What causes so much distaste that the only thing you can say I'd my name ? We see exactly what I said, only 2-A is more of a lowball for the sake of keeping the peace than an reasonable evaluation of the feat.

Besides you, this is the only opportunity I'll ever have, because every other time since 3 years ago I've been ignored. I'm tired of being ignored. I want to take part in this.

This is a pretty major upgrade, and it looks like if we don't want to make any missteps, we really need to make sure we have a proper and thorough understanding of Yggdrasil. Could somebody please provide me with the name of the comics featuring Erik Solvong and his analysis of the World Tree? I would like to run over the details personally.

After reading through, there are definitely some things here that are questionable to me, but I would really like to read the Erik Solvong storyline for further context before saying anything definite.

@ClassicNESfan

Thank you for helping out.

No problem! Apologies in advance if my analysis takes a little bit of time. Christmas isn't exactly the ideal time to be looking at these kinds of things, but I'll see what I can do when I have a hot minute.

ClassicNESfan said:
After reading through, there are definitely some things here that are questionable to me, but I would really like to read the Erik Solvong storyline for further context before saying anything definite.
  • Erik Solvong statements

Well you asked the entire storyline where erik solvong's statements are. The most specific I can be is to say that it appears in chapter 615onwards.

I'm starting to form a few conclusions from the evidence provided. I'll try to have a firm analysis and opinion written up by tomorrow. Until then, Merry Christmas, threaders!

i have read through the issues and i have to agree with seed here it dose seem to be more of a high 1B structure then 1-A over all

Yggdrasil is being scalled to 1-A through "possibly" encompassing the eighth eternity, which we currently accept as 1-A.

Yggdrasil already encompasses seventh eternity, which here on this wiki is low 1-A, in the Multi-abstracts upgrade thread for low 1-A, was discussed about it, and that true eternity before its seventh iteration is at least Low 1-A , as you can see in her keys.

Low 1-A | 1-A

Multiversal Eternity
| Eighth Multiverse

I agree with 1-A for Yggdrasil, but the thing that truly matters here is that as stated by Erik Solvong, the World Tree which contains the Nine (Formerly Ten) Realms of Norse Mythology is only the very tip of the Iceberg which makes up the real Yggdrasil, which is where all the stuff about Stories and the Outside and the whole Multiverse and Space and Time comes from.

So no, not Odin, not Surtur, not Seth, nor anyone of these characters will ever scale to the 1-A stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back