• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

There's always that dude who thinks he'll be some type of John Wick of the apocalypse when in reality he's just going to be another fodder zombie 20 minutes into the invasion
Nah I'd win. As long as the internet is running so I don't die of boredom, I'd survive. No wifi would cook me though. I'd sneak out with friends to play basketball without weapons and die.

Nah I'd win. As long as the internet is running so I don't die of boredom, I'd survive. No wifi would cook me though. I'd sneak out with friends to play basketball without weapons and die.
I wanna throw rocks at zombies randomly while I hide on a mountain

I think people are forgetting the potential mutations that could come from the infected host. Look at L4D, you have a ton of dangerous subtypes of zombies, and they mutated due to common things like smoking, steroids, athleticism, obesity, etc.

There's also the problem of how it spreads. Sure, a virus can be limited to just the transmission of bodily fluids. However, it could evolve to become waterborne or airborne, and it could do so at such a fast rate that it would be nigh impossible to track it down. We'd be totally ******.

just get an truck and run them over
I think the one "zombie" (it has a lot more horror and apocalypye stuff in it besides zombies) media that shows why this would be a bad idea is Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead.

You have to take into account that you have to find keys for the truck, know how to ride the truck, and find enough diesel to fuel it. Then there's other factors like you crashing into cars (giant road of abandoned vehicles is a zombie media staple), or the truck getting damaged from ramming into so many zombies, and the additional problem of if you can even get out of the truck in time when the rest of the horde shows up.

oh and the fact if you can mentally bear crushing kindergarteners

Obviously it depends on the mechanics for a zombie, but CDDA is pretty far from standard anyways. I'll also give the truck idea credit in that if you can learn to hotwire, and quickly, then you've got a lot better odds. The real problem with relying only on cars, is that in the long run, you'll have no fuel. Gas goes bad, and eventually, cars will not run unless you are producing more fuel somehow.

The mountains are the ideal if you can manage to survive. Zombies generally lack the mobility to ascend them without balancing issues, and there will be a very, very small starting population in the area. Somewhere hot is preferred for your standard zombies, because they will rot faster. Failing mountains or any other plan of living remotely, your best bet is probably molotovs. You don't need to score a headshot if they can burn to death, it's a lot quieter than a gunshot and a lot safer than a melee weapon (even from a few meters), and it comes with free AoE. You shouldn't be crowding into Walmart, you should be hitting the liquor stores and bars, and then get the **** out of dodge. Farms are also an interesting choice, as they are abundant and possess all necessary equipment to set up a homemade flame weapon of a more permanent type: dangerous, those sorts of weapons, but arguably preferable to molotovs for prolonged use.

Obviously it depends on the mechanics for a zombie, but CDDA is pretty far from standard anyways. I'll also give the truck idea credit in that if you can learn to hotwire, and quickly, then you've got a lot better odds. The real problem with relying only on cars, is that in the long run, you'll have no fuel. Gas goes bad, and eventually, cars will not run unless you are producing more fuel somehow.

The mountains are the ideal if you can manage to survive. Zombies generally lack the mobility to ascend them without balancing issues, and there will be a very, very small starting population in the area. Somewhere hot is preferred for your standard zombies, because they will rot faster. Failing mountains or any other plan of living remotely, your best bet is probably molotovs. You don't need to score a headshot if they can burn to death, it's a lot quieter than a gunshot and a lot safer than a melee weapon (even from a few meters), and it comes with free AoE. You shouldn't be crowding into Walmart, you should be hitting the liquor stores and bars, and then get the **** out of dodge. Farms are also an interesting choice, as they are abundant and possess all necessary equipment to set up a homemade flame weapon of a more permanent type: dangerous, those sorts of weapons, but arguably preferable to molotovs for prolonged use.
i mean,you also could make an spear and...start stabbing.

In Brazil, depending on the place, in a zombie apocalypse there may be initial security.

Like, in Rio de Janeiro it is very common for houses to be placed in a circle and have a significantly large iron or brick wall in front. The iron ones sometimes have spearheads, and the brick ones sometimes have electric fences or broken glass.

It is also very common for house windows to be covered with iron bars, which makes it impossible for a zombie to jump in and break a window.

Ehhh, farms are iffy for me. While it does have plenty of resources to survive on, you'd mainly have to rely on low to the ground crops. If you were to have corn fields, it wouldn't be safe, as it's likely a great place for a zombie to hide.

What's your opinion on islands? Assuming an infection hasn't spread there yet, would it not be an ideal place to stay at until the zombies rot themselves away? Big bodies of water would have those zombies sinking, and I doubt they can do much to get out of it if the water is deep enough.

i mean,you also could make an spear and...start stabbing.
Your stamina runs out, the zombies do not tire.
Ehhh, farms are iffy for me. While it does have plenty of resources to survive on, you'd mainly have to rely on low to the ground crops. If you were to have corn fields, it wouldn't be safe, as it's likely a great place for a zombie to hide.

What's your opinion on islands? Assuming an infection hasn't spread there yet, would it not be an ideal place to stay at until the zombies rot themselves away? Big bodies of water would have those zombies sinking, and I doubt they can do much to get out of it if the water is deep enough.
I don't mean staying on a farm, I mean taking valuable supplies. Industrial complexes may also work, depending on what they make, but farms will often have the appropriate materials. An industrial flamer is really what you're looking for. Seeds, too, if you can manage to take a shitload; having the means to prepare crops sets the stage for success. Even just garden crops would be great. For a base, you'd probably want somewhere with strong walls: maybe not external walls, but at least with some outdoor area available.

Islands are good. Obvious solutions on a lot of fronts. Main problem is people, as others will be looking towards them and they are a much more finite real estate than mountainous areas. Many zombie types don't drown, of course, but they also don't traverse water well and usually won't unless they know of survivors. So, an island more than a few kilometers off the shore should be sufficient for nearly any apocalypse. Islands is good.

Man, good thing those deadites are locked from the inside. I wonder what game should we play to pass the time.
Want you to know that your posting about this has earned your Rimworld guy the title "Deadlock".

Gaming channel youtubers don't like reading the lore of the games or spending any time on it because they don't know how to read very well or have don't have good reading comprehension
A lot of them like to go into the game completely blind. Reading the lore behind it would prevent this.

not the lore behind it, I meant character dialogue, descriptions, actually paying attention to what is being said
I think a lot of them just forget stuff. Which is natural. Lots of them are balancing multiple games so info gets mixed up and they often aren't as interested in the games as their viewers are, so they forget information.

It'd take quite a while for all of them to fall off. Good thing I have billions of hours to spend too now that Deadlock's servers are 24/7!!
Hop on Deadlock

I eat, sleep, breathe Valve. I grew up with Team Fortress 2
I am like Tyler Mcvicker but with untreated hypersexuality instead of early onset schizophrenia and attachment issues.

Sons shilling like Valves paying his ass
deadlock-hop-on.gif

Back