• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

that's why i like to scale novels that nobody else reads because nobody will find out what's wanked
I think this also works if the series is too big.

I gave the example of Marvel/DC above.

Because like, to downgrade you would have to read a lot of content, like, a lot, so much that I think it wouldn't even be worth it?

Although there are some powerscaling crazy people... (no offense)

I'm warming up to Yakuza Kiwami 2. The hard part got solved by grinding for a bit before going into battle. Now I'm having fun with the minigames which are a blast. Eating is now useful too which makes me happy

I'm warming up to Yakuza Kiwami 2. The hard part got solved by grinding for a bit before going into battle. Now I'm having fun with the minigames which are a blast. Eating is now useful too which makes me happy
The best way to grind in kiwami 2 is to do sunstories to get money and points. After you do a substory to unlock a certain building, you can use that money to buy the best gear in the game.

flwi9g7siekd1.jpeg

Correction, all boxing media is peak.
Real life boxing is boring as crap since it's basically just half an hour of two dudes hopping and walking towards each other, then punching sometimes, only landing like 30% of them properly and only like 5% having an actual visible result.

Boxing media takes it and makes it look awesome.

Real life boxing is boring as crap since it's basically just half an hour of two dudes hopping and walking towards each other, then punching sometimes, only landing like 30% of them properly and only like 5% having an actual visible result.
I think modern media should stop making characters that use actual, real world martial arts. All it does is remind you that said martial art has been completely ruined and turned into a boring point-based sport.

why yes im still salty about the state of taekwondo how can you tell

I think modern media should stop making characters that use actual, real world martial arts. All it does is remind you that said martial art has been completely ruined and turned into a boring point-based sport.

why yes im still salty about the state of taekwondo how can you tell
The only combat sport that works is MMA and Battle Bots, the rest can disappear into obscurity

Not...really? Most stories only give you a small snippet of what actually happens in a fictional universe, mostly flavored by the perspective of the protagonist. If I visit say...the Pokemon world, I would have no idea what would happen day to day, even if I'm aware of wider, more important events.

In the middle of fishing for a Magikarp and hearing Ash became champion over the radio or some shit.

Not...really? Most stories only give you a small snippet of what actually happens in a fictional universe, mostly flavored by the perspective of the protagonist. If I visit say...the Pokemon world, I would have no idea what would happen day to day, even if I'm aware of wider, more important events.

In the middle of fishing for a Magikarp and hearing Ash became champion over the radio or some shit.
Hmm fair point though It’s just you have a general idea of what is happening so there’s no mystery of what is happening in general.

Also It’s just tied to how I sometimes think fiction can be boring midas

Since if you can think of something and write it, then nothing special I guess.

I think if there is fiction out there that exists outside of human thought then it would interesting since there’s mystery to it. To be able to think or imagine it takes the mystery away.

I kinda think that its fascinating the fact that the human mind can creat amazing stories and worlds. Thats the magic of the thing imo

So the oldest gen Alphas rn are 12-14 years old (apparently gen A starts at 2010 or early 2010s so..). Ipad kids powerscaling already plagues tiktoks and YT shorts, I wonder if in a few years this place will also get overrun with people like this.
Why are we acting as if older people aren't just as bad if not worse? Younger people know what scaling is but are pretty bad at it. Gen Z and Millennials are more likely to completely ignore scaling and go based off of what they think is common sense. "Katara from Avatar would obviously beat Charizard, Charizard is a fire type." I don't think I need to remind you which generation ruined the internet with Saitama scaling. Because it wasn't Gen Alpha.

Last edited:
Why are we acting as if older people aren't just as bad if not worse? Younger people know what scaling is but are pretty bad at it. Gen Z and Millennials are more likely to completely ignore scaling at go based off of what they think is common sense. "Katara from Avatar would obviously beat Charizard, Charizard is a fire type." I don't think I need to remind you which generation ruined the internet with Saitama scaling. Because it wasn't Gen Alpha.
The issue isn't young people, the issue is the fact that there's a chance for more problems with reading comperhension in later generations and the fact that the worst of the scalers of those young people are gonna be way worse than the worst scalers of older generations.

The issue isn't young people, the issue is the fact that there's a chance for more problems with reading comperhension in later generations and the fact that the worst of the scalers of those young people are gonna be way worse than the worst scalers of older generations.
I (sadly, with deepest regret) started vs debate on amino when I was less than 12 and argued that Alucard (The hellsing one) was High 1-A, that Ungalo from Jojo could solos Marvel Universe if he wasn't stupid, that Muzan could beat Goku SSJB, and many other things
People change bro

So the oldest gen Alphas rn are 12-14 years old (apparently gen A starts at 2010 or early 2010s so..). Ipad kids powerscaling already plagues tiktoks and YT shorts, I wonder if in a few years this place will also get overrun with people like this.
Finally a good reason to leave this shit ass forum

Back