• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Actually it's because Elon is a bitch and what he's allowed to fester on Twitter as well as politics interference (or something like that) is a big no no, and he refuses to back down. He's a chump, blame him for this crap.
I will be honest, I don't know a lot about the new politicians in power in Brazil. But some Brazilians and people who know about what's going on are telling me he's an authoritarian that has imprisoned his critics.

Either way, regardless of the reasons behind the politicians in Brazil, I will always oppose shutting down a website. Twitter is by all means, the equivalent of a public space due to how big it is. I don't agree with their censorship regardless of their reasoning. Their outrageous laws are preventing the access of million of their citizens towards a place where they can freely talk.

That and this in particular made me lose all faith that they're censoring Twitter for any good reason (I don't think there'll be one either way)
Because giving your citizens thousands of dollars in fines for browsing a website is indefensible no matter how you look at it.
Like, you'd be preventing citizens from just using Twitter like any other normal person. Imagine using a VPN to browse Twitter for, idk, memes and talking with friends, and then you get hit with this bigass fine (That from what I've been told it's unironically a bigger fine than doing more serious crimes lol)

I will be honest, I don't know a lot about the new politicians in power in Brazil. But some Brazilians and people who know about what's going on are telling me he's an authoritarian that has imprisoned his critics.
Maybe, but Elon being a big baby has been apart of this from what I've seen. It's likely both parties may are at fault for this, but again from what I've seen/heard, Elon's being a prick and making this harder for everyone.
Either way, regardless of the reasons behind the politicians in Brazil, I will always oppose shutting down a website. Twitter is by all means, the equivalent of a public space due to how big it is. I don't agree with their censorship regardless of their reasoning. Their outrageous laws are preventing the access of million of their citizens towards a place where they can freely talk.

That and this in particular made me lose all faith that they're censoring Twitter for any good reason (I don't think there'll be one either way)
Because giving your citizens thousands of dollars in fines for browsing a website is indefensible no matter how you look at it.
Like, you'd be preventing citizens from just using Twitter like any other normal person. Imagine using a VPN to browse Twitter for, idk, memes and talking with friends, and then you get hit with this bigass fine (That from what I've been told it's unironically a bigger fine than doing more serious crimes lol)

Oh but yeah over 8000 USD? That's crazy for the situation, for sure. From Brazilians that I've talked to in other places, that's something equivalent to over 30,000 Brazilian dollars??? Definitely overboard in that department.

Maybe, but Elon being a big baby has been apart of this from what I've seen. It's likely both parties may are at fault for this, but again from what I've seen/heard, Elon's being a prick and making this harder for everyone.
Yeah, I concede on that one, Elon likely had a big part of the blame, but I blame the politicians more. I mean, Twitter runs in the US and other countries just fine, I don't get why Brazil would need more censorship unless their government opposed free speech.
Oh but yeah over 8000 USD? That's crazy for the situation, for sure. From Brazilians that I've talked to in other places, that's something equivalent to over 30,000 Brazilian dollars??? Definitely overboard in that department.
Yeah, overboard, authoritarian even.

Brazillian twitter artists are actually in shambles rn

Also Brazil's judicial branch being a tool for political persecution isn't all that new. But this one may be enough to draw the ire of their population's younger generation and political parties. What is the benefit of going scorched earth here aside from pride-fueled censorship? That judge is setting himself up for failure on a plethora of fronts lmao.

Back