• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Ngl I don't get streaming. It's one thing if you do mini games with the viewers or something but generally speaking I physically can't watch a stream. I get bored so fast. I don't get how y'all sit through it willingly. I get watching like a vtuber cause you want cute anime girls or you're horny. I get that, though I wouldn't do it myself. But how tf do people watch XQC? Anyone of the same kind? Genuinely don't get it.
The only streamer I ever watched was Technoblade who was just passively entertaining and the streams I caught were mainly DSMP lore streams. I also watched a few MCC streams cause it's a tournament.
Otherwise I seriously don't get how you can sit down and just listen to a guy yap every once in a while or just play a game endlessly. I just don't understand.
I don't watch any VTubers, nor do I watch XQC or anyone in his sphere, so maybe you and I have very different understandings of what "streaming" entails, but I think it's a little reductive to describe it as "a guy yap(ing) every once in a while or just play(ing) a game endlessly." I think that's a valid criticism for people like XQC, who have really banal, uninteresting personalities and commentary, but I feel that reflects more so on the streamers themselves, rather than the medium itself. Granted, I mostly watch streams in the background, while I'm doing something else, but my favorite streamers could definitely hold my full attention. I can drop a list of streamers I enjoy, if anyone would be interested.

My stomach got weak as hell after a while, though at the same time I never did go for greasy or very spicy stuff.

I just don't get people like these man. Does he think he sounds cool or sth? "I don't care about this site anyways" argument has always sounded like saltiness to me, cause it is. You cared enough to join lmfao.
When ever shit doesn't go their way suddenly they don't care about the site and hate everyone here

I dislike it but stay cause I like talking to some of the people here and sometimes it's fun to do powerscaling discussions (though it can be hard if your opponent is ridiculously stubborn or rude)

Honestly, entering this site is a feat in of itself. This site has one of the worst and most complicated registration systems. The amount of people it filters out is insane. Like, practically like 90% of ESLs get filtered out because of how complicated registration is and how hard it is to understand it. Not me though, I had no issues. Like, like, four people have contacted me asking me to help them register because they couldn't understand how to do it.

Wait what is hard about it? I got to the forums as they got created so and it's been 4 years so I don't remember it well

Honestly, entering this site is a feat in of itself. This site has one of the worst and most complicated registration systems. The amount of people it filters out is insane. Like, practically like 90% of ESLs get filtered out because of how complicated registration is and how hard it is to understand it. Not me though, I had no issues. Like, like, four people have contacted me asking me to help them register because they couldn't understand how to do it.
My fried was gonna make an account he could scale fear and hunger, project zomboid, and don't starve, but he gave up after needing to make 2 accounts (Fandom and Forum)

Wait what is hard about it? I got to the forums as they got created so and it's been 4 years so I don't remember it well
Iirc from when I made it like 3 years back u gotta make an account on both the wiki and the site, it generates a fake discord handle iirc and you gotta link it on both so staff can confirm it’s you then you gotta wait like upwards of 4-5 days before someone confirms it’s you and actually lets you into the forum

I could be misremembering some steps it’s been a while

Well, you now have to make a fandom account, which sometimes doesn't work for some people because fandom is weird. I know of a guy that had to make like 4 fandom accounts. Anyway, then you have to make a VSBW account and both have to have the EXACT same name. Then you have to get a code. A discord code, but people think you have to put your actual discord username so theyy get confused, but you have to put something that looks like a discord ID, but it's not yours, it's a code. Literally, if they used something, a code that didn't had the same name as Discord, this process would be leagues more understandable.

Back