• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Well after listening to Euphoria and Meet the Grahams, I have to say it is more of a victory lap than anything. The earlier 2 disses were certainly more violent. Euphoria was a classic diss which didn't have the deep metaphors and was overall pretty damn good imo. It was easier to follow lyrically as well i think. MtG was like a stab to the gut where you slowly drive the knife deeper.
Those disses were very solid while Not like us is more of a victory lap where he slaps up Drake with allegations which weren't exactly new and just landed the final and killing blow with it.
I still hold onto the idea that Not like us is overrated but I hold the thought more lightly since it clearly is more of an afterword. Additionally through what I've seen it's different than the older disses and as a certain man pointed out, more of Kendrick showing off the fact that he can do all types of rap rather than just a specific style.

Phineas and Ferb*
Kim Possible
Jimmy Neutron
Fairly OddParents (Seasons 1-6)
My Life As A Teenage Robot
Teen Titans
Regular Show

The Amazing World of Gumball
The Boondocks
Ed, Edd, and Eddy*
The Powerpuff Girls
Courage The Cowardly Dog
Total Drama*
Your list is clearly based on one thing, enjoyment. Probably other factors but that one sticks out. For that reason, I won't even contest you on this. I can't tell you that the slow paced Avatar is gonna be exciting as a Gumball episode with a straight face but with that being said, I have different criteria. Enjoyment is high, but so is storytelling, cohesiveness, & themes.
The shows I bolded are shows that I think are better than at least of one Avatar or Gravity Falls, if not both.
The shows with an asterisk are shows that I do not see as better than at least of one Avatar or Gravity Falls, but I do prefer watching to at least one of the aforementioned shows.

Enjoyment is high, but so is storytelling, cohesiveness, & themes.
Funny thing is, I'm currently binge watching Justice League/Justice League Unlimited, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

And for the record, in no way some of the shows I mentioned are inherently better than GF or ATLA, I just think they're far more enjoyable to watch.

Also, most, if not, all of the shows I mentioned have solid amounts of storytelling and themes. I'm not going to mention cohesiveness because a good portion of the shows listed have inconsistent continuity.

I'm glad you're able to understand my tastes without being so uptight about it.

not sure if this is a hot take or not but fortnite is actually a good game 🥱
Its a bad game cuz its the single game in all of this existence which my brother is better than me
Minecraft victim.
What kind of comparasion is that
They are not even similar

It reminds me of one guy who made a list of best roguelike out there and someone went saying that Red Dead Redemption 2 is better

Minecraft so overrated dawg. Like you telling me the people who played that shit since 2015 still like it? First play of the game is astoundingly fun, the 2nd and 3rd go around are arguably just as fun if not better. But it just falls off a cliff from there. There is little to no replay value in that shit.

Story based games get a pass because maybe the beauty of the game comes from the twists or emotions. Minecraft has none of those because it isn't a story-based game.

Minecraft so overrated dawg. Like you telling me the people who played that shit since 2015 still like it? First play of the game is astounding, the 2nd and 3rd go around are arguably just as fun if not better. But it just falls off a cliff from there. There is little to no replay value in that shit.
Thats some unpopular opinion and It should remain like that

could not agree more with that take tbh

i cant see how people still play mc after all these years like consistently. i dont mind watching my friends play but even they remake worlds like every week because it gets boring after sometime.

Also, have people never played modded Minecraft? If you play the same basic shit over and over game, obviously it’s going to get boring.

Thats some unpopular opinion and It should remain like that
Hey that's fine. If everyone else can find fun in that game on the 37th playthrough, keep doing it. But it doesn't hit that level for me. It gets repetitive after a while. Mods make the game bearable but at that point, just play a different professionally made game ffs. Even most Roblox versions of a game are better than Minecraft mods imo.

Also, have people never played modded Minecraft? If you play the same basic shit over and over game, obviously it’s going to get boring.
This is like talking to Skyrim fans. If your continued enjoyment of the game is dependent on the use of mods, play a different game.

This is like talking to Skyrim fans. If your continued enjoyment of the game is dependent on the use of mods, play a different game.
I actually think SuperStar was in defense of the usage of playing modded minecraft. Insinuating that base Minecraft will naturally get boring so you should download mods if that happens.

Edit: I now realize that you did in fact realize this and were addressing this very argument. My apologies.

Are people actually good at Rocket League or are the clips I see edited? That car is hard asf to control for no reason.
People are actually that good do that shit. It's not edited.

I just play it for fun. The game gets frustrating if you actually want to be good at it.

Are people actually good at Rocket League or are the clips I see edited? That car is hard asf to control for no reason.
Good RL players exist, the game's mechanics are just built to be incredibly difficult to handle for anyone not willing to spend hours and hours of practice.

It's built exactly like if you were driving a car IRL while playing soccer, in the car.

Back