• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

I think he only caps at uni+
FzU8bgnWIAUSgdN.jpg
People on YT be like "outer Kirby".

The most Kirby can reach without wank and heavy assumptions is Low 1-C since there is serious evidence for a 5 dimensional AD which was almost accepted. If there was just one or two statements more the revision would succeed.
Yeah, I know. I was in that thread.

Iirc, there was a statement about AD being beyond space and time. But the revision got rejected because there wasn't enough evidence to support the statement.

The most Kirby can reach without wank and heavy assumptions is Low 1-C since there is serious evidence for a 5 dimensional AD which was almost accepted. If there was just one or two statements more the revision would succeed.
Though, I'd be appreciated if anyone can recall the details of why it was rejected.

Also, not on our wiki, but on YT and Reddit, Kirby gets wanked to 1-A sometimes.

I'm starting to not like Miles Morales. He's like a song that you enjoy when you hear it for the first time, but then you hear it everywhere and start to hate it. One that sometimes has fans that get under your skin, too.

Also, for the record, I'm black, so I don't feel the way I feel because I'm racist. And I still thoroughly enjoy him in the Spider-Verse movies, which is my favorite portrayal of him.

It feels almost like Miles is shoehorned into a lot of stuff now, even stuff that doesn't make sense for him to be involved in. The 2017 series, for example, introduced Miles way too early. If they wanted to introduce him later down the line, it would have made sense, but I felt like they brought him in way too early. We had a Peter that was barely starting off as Spider-Man, and already we have two Spider-Men with Miles getting his powers literally in the ninth episode of the show. That's a bit much.

He also had a similar problem in Marvel's Spider-Man 2, where the writers had to try and find a way to make him relevant to an arc that's historically meant far more for Peter than it has for Miles: the Black Suit/Venom arc.

Literally, the plotline with Venom had no emotional weight for the Miles segment. He had only interacted with Harry once in the game, and it was over the phone. Twice if you count the carnival. Harry just being bitter toward Miles when he was Venom felt forced. Miles was fine with the black suit stuff, but the impact he had kind of dissipated once we got to Venom himself. He was just kind of... there, I guess.

Plus, I thought him entering Peter's mind and telling us how he feels or what he's going through was kind of corny. We could've just had Peter if we really needed the "conflict and inner turmoil of Peter Parker" level. Or just skip it and show him turning up in the Anti-Venom suit.

Also, he wanted revenge on Martin Li out of nowhere. He never expressed any rage towards Martin Li at all. He looks and acts like he's mostly moved on from the whole thing. It almost seems like Miles sees red around Mr. Negative literally out of nowhere.

They could have made The Flame side quest into the actual story, and have Miles be the one that interacts with Yuri, with her way of seeing things being what motivates Miles to seek revenge, and it all culminates where as Peter fights Venom, Miles fights Carnage. This would give something Miles is more attached to, and also showcase how far Miles has come not just as a Spider-Man, but also his development in this game. They could have given Miles and Harry more interaction with each other so the vitriol Venom has for him at the end isn't just completely out of left field.

The ending of the game and also an interview from the creative director of Insomniac, I believe, give the implication that Miles will be much more significant in the third game. This seems weird to do when the villains that appear to be set up for the third game (Carnage, Green Goblin, Doc Ock) have more narrative weight with Peter. Some people have speculated Peter being on a break from being Spider-Man and coming back to help Miles with these villains, and I do genuinely hope that's the case. It also seems like they'll be adapting "The Final Chapter" based on Otto's last line after the credits, an arc that deals a lot with Green Goblin and Peter personally. So I'm really hoping that going forward they can do a better job of balancing Peter and Miles.

I also feel like Marvel has been doing a lot of robbing Peter to pay Paul, or more accurately, Miles (though they have been doing that with Paul, too, if you've been even passively aware of the current Zeb Wells run). This one is pretty self-explanatory, so I won't need to elaborate long on this one. Peter is given crap constantly, especially in his current comic book run, whether it's Paul taking his girl or him being dogged on by Vulture or Tombstone, or total character assassination, this man is being given hell. Miles, on the other hand, is doing a whole lot better in terms of his life, and even the writing quality of his book.

Keep in mind, this is the same editorial staff that thought breaking up Peter's marriage with MJ because it wasn't "relatable" overseeing both Peter and Miles. It seems like at a lot of turns, they refuse to let Peter be happy or only allow him to go the briefest periods of time possible without suffering to be "relatable". Compare Peter being tortured by Tombstone and pathetically yelling "I've learned my lesson!" to Miles being tortured in the comics and then almost immediately avenged by Iron Man pulling up on the guy that did it. It's sad that if you want to see a good story with Peter Parker in recent years, you need to go back to older comics, read a comic where Peter is a guest appearance, or wait for an alternate universe version of a Peter Parker story to come out in 2024, rather than reading the actual Spider-Man comic. If you want a good Miles story, read the current Miles Morales run. Do you see how weird that is?

Lastly, the fans. I don't know if you guys have at all been aware of the "Peter is Spider-Man, Miles Morales is Miles Morales" VS "Peter is Spider-Man, Miles is Spider-Man" thing, or people suggesting Miles needs a different name. I've seen fans of Miles literally call people racist for saying Miles needs something in his name to differentiate him from Peter, who is most popularly known as Spider-Man. They say that Miles should be called Spider-Man, just like Peter is. While Miles is a Spider-Man, he's not the Spider-Man. Heck, even characters that have literally taken over Peter's body or are literally clones of him, or are alternate universe versions of him don't just go by Spider-Man. Ben Reilly was Spider-Man, yes, but he's more popularly known as the Scarlet Spider (and unfortunately now, Chasm). Otto was Spider-Man, yes, but he was called "The Superior Spider-Man" and is still referred to as such to differentiate himself from Peter. Spider-Man Noir is Spider-Man, but he's called Spider-Man Noir by anyone referring to the character. Miguel is Spider-Man, but he's referred to as Spider-Man 2099 by fans. There's always a differentiating factor in the name that separates other characters from Peter Parker, or rather, Peter Parker from other Spider-Men. Why does Miles bypass that when every other version of Spider-Man does not?

I like Miles Morales, but it's getting hard to do that. By the way, if you read all of this, you're rad!

I'm not sure if this is actually a hot take, but I believe free will and predestination can coexist (and NOT in a Christian way, before anybody asks).

I'm starting to not like Miles Morales. He's like a song that you enjoy when you hear it for the first time, but then you hear it everywhere and start to hate it. One that sometimes has fans that get under your skin, too.

Also, for the record, I'm black, so I don't feel the way I feel because I'm racist. And I still thoroughly enjoy him in the Spider-Verse movies, which is my favorite portrayal of him.

It feels almost like Miles is shoehorned into a lot of stuff now, even stuff that doesn't make sense for him to be involved in. The 2017 series, for example, introduced Miles way too early. If they wanted to introduce him later down the line, it would have made sense, but I felt like they brought him in way too early. We had a Peter that was barely starting off as Spider-Man, and already we have two Spider-Men with Miles getting his powers literally in the ninth episode of the show. That's a bit much.

He also had a similar problem in Marvel's Spider-Man 2, where the writers had to try and find a way to make him relevant to an arc that's historically meant far more for Peter than it has for Miles: the Black Suit/Venom arc.

Literally, the plotline with Venom had no emotional weight for the Miles segment. He had only interacted with Harry once in the game, and it was over the phone. Twice if you count the carnival. Harry just being bitter toward Miles when he was Venom felt forced. Miles was fine with the black suit stuff, but the impact he had kind of dissipated once we got to Venom himself. He was just kind of... there, I guess.

Plus, I thought him entering Peter's mind and telling us how he feels or what he's going through was kind of corny. We could've just had Peter if we really needed the "conflict and inner turmoil of Peter Parker" level. Or just skip it and show him turning up in the Anti-Venom suit.

Also, he wanted revenge on Martin Li out of nowhere. He never expressed any rage towards Martin Li at all. He looks and acts like he's mostly moved on from the whole thing. It almost seems like Miles sees red around Mr. Negative literally out of nowhere.

They could have made The Flame side quest into the actual story, and have Miles be the one that interacts with Yuri, with her way of seeing things being what motivates Miles to seek revenge, and it all culminates where as Peter fights Venom, Miles fights Carnage. This would give something Miles is more attached to, and also showcase how far Miles has come not just as a Spider-Man, but also his development in this game. They could have given Miles and Harry more interaction with each other so the vitriol Venom has for him at the end isn't just completely out of left field.

The ending of the game and also an interview from the creative director of Insomniac, I believe, give the implication that Miles will be much more significant in the third game. This seems weird to do when the villains that appear to be set up for the third game (Carnage, Green Goblin, Doc Ock) have more narrative weight with Peter. Some people have speculated Peter being on a break from being Spider-Man and coming back to help Miles with these villains, and I do genuinely hope that's the case. It also seems like they'll be adapting "The Final Chapter" based on Otto's last line after the credits, an arc that deals a lot with Green Goblin and Peter personally. So I'm really hoping that going forward they can do a better job of balancing Peter and Miles.

I also feel like Marvel has been doing a lot of robbing Peter to pay Paul, or more accurately, Miles (though they have been doing that with Paul, too, if you've been even passively aware of the current Zeb Wells run). This one is pretty self-explanatory, so I won't need to elaborate long on this one. Peter is given crap constantly, especially in his current comic book run, whether it's Paul taking his girl or him being dogged on by Vulture or Tombstone, or total character assassination, this man is being given hell. Miles, on the other hand, is doing a whole lot better in terms of his life, and even the writing quality of his book.

Keep in mind, this is the same editorial staff that thought breaking up Peter's marriage with MJ because it wasn't "relatable" overseeing both Peter and Miles. It seems like at a lot of turns, they refuse to let Peter be happy or only allow him to go the briefest periods of time possible without suffering to be "relatable". Compare Peter being tortured by Tombstone and pathetically yelling "I've learned my lesson!" to Miles being tortured in the comics and then almost immediately avenged by Iron Man pulling up on the guy that did it. It's sad that if you want to see a good story with Peter Parker in recent years, you need to go back to older comics, read a comic where Peter is a guest appearance, or wait for an alternate universe version of a Peter Parker story to come out in 2024, rather than reading the actual Spider-Man comic. If you want a good Miles story, read the current Miles Morales run. Do you see how weird that is?

Lastly, the fans. I don't know if you guys have at all been aware of the "Peter is Spider-Man, Miles Morales is Miles Morales" VS "Peter is Spider-Man, Miles is Spider-Man" thing, or people suggesting Miles needs a different name. I've seen fans of Miles literally call people racist for saying Miles needs something in his name to differentiate him from Peter, who is most popularly known as Spider-Man. They say that Miles should be called Spider-Man, just like Peter is. While Miles is a Spider-Man, he's not the Spider-Man. Heck, even characters that have literally taken over Peter's body or are literally clones of him, or are alternate universe versions of him don't just go by Spider-Man. Ben Reilly was Spider-Man, yes, but he's more popularly known as the Scarlet Spider (and unfortunately now, Chasm). Otto was Spider-Man, yes, but he was called "The Superior Spider-Man" and is still referred to as such to differentiate himself from Peter. Spider-Man Noir is Spider-Man, but he's called Spider-Man Noir by anyone referring to the character. Miguel is Spider-Man, but he's referred to as Spider-Man 2099 by fans. There's always a differentiating factor in the name that separates other characters from Peter Parker, or rather, Peter Parker from other Spider-Men. Why does Miles bypass that when every other version of Spider-Man does not?

I like Miles Morales, but it's getting hard to do that. By the way, if you read all of this, you're rad!
But what would you call Miles if he had to have a differentiating name, not saying that he needs to. (I read all that)

Didn't read. I'm putting all the blame on Miles for the influx of poorly-written young latino superheroes.

Most of the opinions shared here aren't unpopular. Some are downright popular while others are just obscure, but not disagreed upon.

(Unless the thread is specifically about unpopular opinions in this forum then that changes things)

But what would you call Miles if he had to have a differentiating name, not saying that he needs to. (I read all that)
I would've said Ultimate Spider-Man, but that could still be confused with Ultimate Peter and the new Ultimate Spider-Man storyline that's dropping 2024.

Some of the kid shows used the name Kid Arachnid. I'd personally say just Arachnid is a better choice.

Here's my real Spider-Man hot take: Nightcrawler and Miguel are the best Spider-Men. No elaboration shall be provided.

I would've said Ultimate Spider-Man, but that could still be confused with Ultimate Peter and the new Ultimate Spider-Man storyline that's dropping 2024.

Some of the kid shows used the name Kid Arachnid. I'd personally say just Arachnid is a better choice.
The other Spider-Men are usually based off of a specific detail about themselves or their story. Spider-Man 2099 is called that because the story takes place in 2099. Spider-Man Noir is called that because the universe is Noir inspired. Superior Spider-Man is called that because Otto likes to gas himself up. Miles doesn't exactly have much, and as you already said, Ultimate Spider-Man has been used for multiple Peter's. I feel like calling Miles just "Spider-Man" is fine. It's like Kamen Rider 1 and 2.

The other Spider-Men are usually based off of a specific detail about themselves or their story. Spider-Man 2099 is called that because the story takes place in 2099. Spider-Man Noir is called that because the universe is Noir inspired. Superior Spider-Man is called that because Otto likes to gas himself up. Miles doesn't exactly have much, and as you already said, Ultimate Spider-Man has been used for multiple Peter's. I feel like calling Miles just "Spider-Man" is fine. It's like Kamen Rider 1 and 2.
Even calling them Spider-Man 1 and 2 would work for me if there was at least some level of distinction. It's like the Peter 1, Peter 2, Peter 3 thing from No Way Home.

Wasn't Miles supposed to be a replacement for Peter? Refering to him as just Spider-Man makes sense.
He was only intended to be the replacement in the Ultimate universe, Earth-1610. When that got canned, Miles was sent to the main universe, Earth-616. And now there's a new Ultimate universe and yeah.

Shit, we're doing this? Alright; here's the spiciest.

The influence and power most admins have is way too much (While Calc Group members aren't valued enough)

Prince of Egypt is probably the best animated movie ever made, and I doubt it will be surpassed any time soon.

If you have the recourses, losing weight isn't that hard.

The influence and power most admins have is way too much (While Calc Group members aren't valued enough)

Prince of Egypt is probably the best animated movie ever made, and I doubt it will be surpassed any time soon.

I just saw/re-watched Prince of Egypt. It's the GOAT.

I've been replaying "The Plagues" for the last 3 days now.

Being fat or ugly is a choice.
Heavily depends. If you have the recourses to eat healthier foods, then yes, I'd say that being fat is a choice. However, if you don't have the luxury of that, then often times cheap and unhealthier foods are your only option, thus resulting in the increase of fat.

As for ugly, that's just straight up something most of time you can't do something about. What are you gonna do, alter your genes at birth or smth?

As for ugly, that's just straight up something most of time you can't do something about.
I agree that there is instances where you have to work the extra extra mile or at worst cant do much.
if you don't have the luxury of that, then often times cheap and unhealthier foods are your only option, thus resulting in the increase of fat.
Food and everything got more expensive, so I understand where this comes from to an extent.

Shoutout to myself losing 40 lbs in 3 months. But seriously, it depends on the person's body type, and anyone should be congratulated for losing weight to become healthy.

Back