• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Yeahhh.... That was sooo fkd up from rigbone. Dude screwed mordo's entire post college life because of selfishness at it's core. Blud had his admission letter issued to him... unfortunately rigby happened smfh.

I remember I used to be super mad mordo killed rigs and had father time fix shiit up. But damn, I didn't know what to feel when I found out Mordecai's circumstance was a direct byproduct of rigby's premeditated doings smfh
Ok, first off, Rigby was an instigator in that situation. He was constantly shoving the fact in Mordecai's face that he was purposefully pulling Margarette away, until Mordecai was at his breaking point. Sure, death isn't exactly warranted, but it was karma that came around. And it's not like Mordecai was entirely apathetic about it, he heavily regretted it once he realized what he had done, and even gets momentary flashbacks to it that disturbs him.

Ok, first off, Rigby was an instigator in that situation. He was constantly shoving the fact in Mordecai's face that he was purposefully pulling Margarette away, until Mordecai was at his breaking point. Sure, death isn't exactly warranted, but it was karma that came around. And it's not like Mordecai was entirely apathetic about it, he heavily regretted it once he realized what he had done, and even gets momentary flashbacks to it that disturbs him.
Oh yes definitely. I was just mad at the death as an occurrence. Rigby definitely was the one fueling the flame, again, because Mordecai refused to take tickets and go with him to some dumb show. Constantly making margaret laugh while directly making fun of mordo. 100% agree rigby took it too far and was not cooking.
Mordo instantly regretted and moved to fix it. Rigby, not so much

Tbh, the "espresso himself" was pretty funny tho, until mordo was mid with it lol

I'm not sure if it's unpopular to say this but anyway, here goes: I prefer a story with a simple, basic plot but likable characters than a story with a super complex plot but uninteresting characters.
Yes

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's unpopular to say this but anyway, here goes: I prefer a story with a simple, basic plot but likable characters than a story with a super complex plot but uninteresting characters.
I love a story I don't understand with completely stupid main characters

Not sure of the "best one" part but it is great and definitely underrated.
I personally believe it is the best one. Shrek 2 is great and all, but I love Shrek's development and how it recontextualizes the first film. Also has a Nightingale song in the credits which is based.

I feel like if there's an unstated amp, and a guy is suddenly blitzing and oneshotting everyone, a 2x minimum shouldn't be crazy.
Tbh these are my feelings too. Unless there's a contradiction a massive amp should be defaulted to 2x. Just make a rule that they shouldn't be stacked after being used once.

Tbh these are my feelings too. Unless there's a contradiction a massive amp should be defaulted to 2x. Just make a rule that they shouldn't be stacked after being used once.
Multipliers are so inconsistently applied. Like, Luffy is downplayed so hard, we have 0 multipliers for his gears rn, despite having accepted 4x for G4.

We need more movies with no messages, so the protagonist goes "Villain, I disagree with you" and the villain goes "I have no thoughts on that" and then they don't do anything for two hours.

I mean that's how the multipliers rules work, if the said multiplier ain't consistent enough or rather non-existent, then it ain't gonna be used. But until then, i personally prefer unquantifable gaps

Last edited:
I feel like if there's an unstated amp, and a guy is suddenly blitzing and oneshotting everyone, a 2x minimum shouldn't be crazy.
Except, we don't just start guessing very random arbitrary numbers just to guess how much they're upscaling, it's because we have no idea of what exact amount they are upscaling from

Except, we don't just start guessing very random arbitrary numbers just to guess how much they're upscaling, it's because we have no idea of what exact amount they are upscaling from
We have to set a minimum though. We can't go "oh, actually, it might be a lot higher, so we should make them stay weaker."

We have to set a minimum though. We can't go "oh, actually, it might be a lot higher, so we should make them stay weaker."
As far as the minimum goes, when there's a calc that's very close to it's plus sign then it is accepted to upscale to 1.1-1.2x. But then again, that is the argument I was going to make actually, as it would be much higher than a hypothetical 2x multiplier by assumption

3. Demon slayer's story isn't that much of a compelling one. Outside it's animation, I wanna say it's above baseline average.
This is the most cold take I've read so far.

4. Regular Show is way funnier, way more comfortable and just super dope overall than adventure time but gets beat in story, theme, and especially world building. The ice king was a great man and a victim and yes, Rigby was an a** to Mordo.
I fully agree. Regular Show appeals to me much more than Adventure Time does.

This is the most cold take I've read so far.
Lol...Right?
I fully agree. Regular Show appeals to me much more than Adventure Time does.
Yh....No matter how tired or sleepy I am, regular show always has the ability to keep my eyes peeled and my mouth laughing. Adventure time can get super boring at times. Although it's cool when the plot comes together.

Adventure time can get super boring at times. Although it's cool when the plot comes together.
This is what I basically think about Adventure Time as well.

It's a solid cartoon, and I can definitely see the appeal, but it's not for me, and I think it gets very boring, specifically during the time when it was in the middle of its run.

As far as the minimum goes, when there's a calc that's very close to it's plus sign then it is accepted to upscale to 1.1-1.2x. But then again, that is the argument I was going to make actually, as it would be much higher than a hypothetical 2x multiplier by assumption
Literally any minimum would be better than what we have now. A blitz-amp multiplier being "at least 1% more" would be better than it just being nothing.

resistance negation gets reworked to not be nlf
"its still nlf"
eh-meh.gif

Back