• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

MasakoX reading this:

Dean Norris' Reaction | Know Your Meme' Reaction | Know Your Meme
Despite being British, he's right

Turning Red is mid af. Carried by people who have parental issues going "OMG so relatable". Aside from that you are spitting facts.
I enjoy movies easly, so Turning Red goes under "good". Luca goes under "Great" and Soul under "Excelent". Haven't seen Elementals yet but I have heard it's good/great, or at least much better than what the trailers painted it out to be.

Well... that explains a lot.
I think that basically explains everything. You simply don't like the MC which ruins the movie for you. It is a subjective opinion and not an objective fact. No need to argue over things that depend on the person. I didn't find him annoying, I think he is exactly what he is - a hot shot who tries too hard to compete due to being a newbie and ends up learning a life lesson that there's more to it than just that.

I think that basically explains everything. You simply don't like the MC which ruins the movie for you. It is a subjective opinion and not an objective fact. No need to argue over things that depend on the person. I didn't find him annoying, I think he is exactly what he is - a hot shot who tries too hard to compete due to being a newbie and ends up learning a life lesson that there's more to it than just that.
That was in response to Cars 2?

I enjoy movies easly, so Turning Red goes under "good". Luca goes under "Great" and Soul under "Excelent". Haven't seen Elementals yet but I have heard it's good/great, or at least much better than what the trailers painted it out to be.
mmmm

I haven't watched turning Red but the from what i've seen of it, I would die of second-hand embarassment so that is a big NOPE from me

Luca was good, a 7/10 I'd say. Loved the feel of the movie.

Soul is... not soulful enough. Like there was far more that they could show. To me it ends up being kinda high-mid.

mmmm

I haven't watched turning Red but the from what i've seen of it, I would die of second-hand embarassment so that is a big NOPE from me

Luca was good, a 7/10 I'd say. Loved the feel of the movie.

Soul is... not soulful enough. Like there was far more that they could show. To me it ends up being kinda high-mid.
Agree to disagree!

Over the Hedge >>>>> Everything else 🥱
Over the Hedge was peak, ngl.

Gladys was also an understandable antagonist, even if the exact level of her reaction was unreasonable. Heck, she really didn't do anything wrong until you get to the Depelter Turbo stuff. Hiring an exterminator to get rid of animals like raccoons and possums in your neighborhood, completely understandable. Using something illegal in every state but Texas to do so? A little less understandable.

Gladys was also an understandable antagonist, even if the exact level of her reaction was unreasonable. Heck, she really didn't do anything wrong until you get to the Depelter Turbo stuff. Hiring an exterminator to get rid of animals like raccoons and possums in your neighborhood, completely understandable. Using something illegal in every state but Texas to do so? A little less understandable.
OK but what if it took place in Texas then. Totally understandable right?

I think Avatar TLA is overrated to an extent. Yes, it is very well made and a great and important cartoon series, but it is also a tv cartoon series which ends up giving it some very notable flaws like episodes that just drag on and end up never playing that big of a role. While I like the series for sure, I do think many people overrate it due to nostalgia.

Legality is not morality tbh

I think Avatar TLA is overrated to an extent. Yes, it is very well made and a great and important cartoon series, but it is also a tv cartoon series which ends up giving it some very notable flaws like episodes that just drag on and end up never playing that big of a role. While I like the series for sure, I do think many people overrate it due to nostalgia.
Eh, this seems like a deliberately controversial opinion. I didn't watch it as a kid so nostalgia isn't a factor, Avatar really is that great.

Nah, Avatar really deserves that praise

Eh, this seems like a deliberately controversial opinion. I didn't watch it as a kid so nostalgia isn't a factor, Avatar really is that great.
It is great but it has its issued and it shouldn't be treated like some holy grail of animated series. It's good, very good, but it is definitely not perfect.

Back