• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Based on what?
  • Damaging characters like the Hulk.
  • Defeating Titania, who's comparable to She-Hulk.
  • Stan Lee's statement about Spider-Man's strength being slightly inferior to Thor, Hulk, and the Thing, but that Spidey will get stronger as he ages.
  • Spider-Man being comparable, though inferior to Venom, who can contend with Juggernaut and the Hulk.
  • Villains of Spider-Man such as Sandman being capable of destroying Doombots which are at least 5-B.
  • Defeating Firelord.
  • Thor and Hulk restraining the Superior Spider-Man and being surprised by his strength.
  • Spider-Man defeating the Fantastic Four.
  • Peter stating he could kill the Hulk.
I'll find references and edit this once I do. Chances are a revision like that would never pass, though.

Last edited:
I've always had the opinion that Shounen was, generally, a better medium to tell stories through than Seinen. It might just be my specific consumption of both mediums but I have always found that Shounen series were more fulfilling in terms of characterization, thematics or other general literary stuff than Seinen series. I believe this might be the case since Seinen like to delve into more "risque" topics than Shounen. It might be the case that the authors of these series allow these topics and their violent depiction of them to hard-carry an otherwise boring or forgettable story. I'm honestly not sure myself tbh.

I'm also not talking about more popular Seinen, like Berserk. I'm talking about your run-of-the-mill Seinen you can search up and read right now if you so decide.

I'm not entirely sure if this would be considered a "hot take" but it is a take that has been on my mind for quite a while.

I've always had the opinion that Shounen was, generally, a better medium to tell stories through than Seinen. It might just be my specific consumption of both mediums but I have always found that Shounen series were more fulfilling in terms of characterization, thematics or other general literary stuff than Seinen series. I believe this might be the case since Seinen like to delve into more "risque" topics than Shounen. It might be the case that the authors of these series allow these topics and their violent depiction of them to hard-carry an otherwise boring or forgettable story. I'm honestly not sure myself tbh.
Don't really have an opinion on this since i haven't read many seinen series, but aren't Shounen and Seinen demographics while manga itself is the medium?

Nah, she lowkey is. At the age of 11, she has a surplus of unhinged moments, ngl. She's honestly like the PBS Kids version of Homelander at times.

Ngl people overestimate how dark Kirby lore is. It isn't dark by nature, it just has unexpectedly dark for a game as innocent as that, a darkness that despite everything isn't in contrast to the world itself. Kirby's lore is dark when you apply logic to it, it isn't "in-your-face" dark. In the game you fight a weird capitalist guy who wants to colonize planets and then a magical computer that wants to erase all living beings. Yes, that seems unexpectedly dark for the game but nothing beyond stuff like Gravity Falls or Wonder over yonder. It is when you apply logic and look for details that you realize the implications of the lore, the stuff behind it - the entire backstory of Haltmann's loss and how his mind and soul were slowly absorbed by the accursed computer as he searched for his likely-dead daughter. The fact that you can hear him scream in pain as you destroy the soul of the NOVA which assimilated his soul into itself is also terrifying on paper, though you wouldn't even notice it in execution.

Basically, Kirby lore isn't dark but it has many dark elements unbefitting of games like these and those dark elements come to fruition when you understand them through logic.

In fact, here is another hot take - Cynthia is HEAVILY overrated.
Yeah, maybe.
If she wasn't a difficult final boss she wouldn't be as remembered.
I fail to see why this is a bad thing. Kind of how when you think on Lance you don’t think on his G-Man activities but on his Mono Flying-type team, his Full Restore tendencies and his three ilegal Dragonites. Specially when Cynthia is deliberately made out to be a challenge more than previous bosses in the franchise.
Without her sheer power there are two reasons people remember her - they either liked her in the anime or they are horny.
I mean, she also has a neat design (unless you count that under the label of "being horny") and her Undella Town jumpscare is funny.
They could've also liked her theme but it is at most the best in Platinum and even then that is debatable.

This will be my only answer.
In the games she is kinda useless as she essentially just studies stuff a bit, makes you deliver her grandma medecine, does basically nothing about Team Glactic, enters the Distortion World and essenitally just goes "No Cyrus! You shouldn't do bad thing!" and then you have to fight both him and the god of the void itself...all by your lonesome.
Yeah, sure.
Leon and Lance are unironically better champions than her when it comes to the status of being a champion.
They actually do stuff as the strongest trainer in the region and solve crimes instead of leaving a 10yo child to fight a powerful madman and then a god of void all by himself.
I don’t get this.

Yeah, I know Leon is a better champion that she is because he’s the champion of champions, the strongest of them all, the reincarnation of Arceus that’s rightfully worshiped by everyone; and, most of all, he has Charizard as his ace. I get that.

But what does "Champion status" has to do with fighting criminal organizations at all? A champion is just the officially recognized strongest trainer in the region; not a superhero or a vigilante. You can actually be affiliated to a criminal organization while holding a tittle at the Pokémon League (N was briefly the Official Champion before being defeated by Hilbert/Hilda and Malva is still part of Kalos' Elite Four despite her support towards Team Flare). They are a separate entity from the clearly inefficient law enforcement that is more of an annoyance towards the player than the actual criminal organization.

And part of this is because DPPt never acknowledges that Cynthia is the champion of the Region. For all you knew she wasn’t even a trainer and just an archeologist who knew that something was going on. Sure, it’s obvious from the get go that she’s the final boss, but the game clearly avoids to mention it so so to keep the stakes high. This makes her case particularly different from Lance who’s on a sequel of a game where he also did nothing against Team Rocket (and just disappears altogether from GSC's revival arc at the end) and Leon, whose as subtle as a stab in the eye and that’s his whole gimmick.

Last edited:
I would like the Tier 1 standards here to be something like this: you would need to have both a size superiority or have some dimensional theory (Be it mentioning 5D-6D+, more well-known theories like Brane and String theory or even cardinals), and qualitative superiority on top of that. I feel that lately, people are getting away too easily with Tier 1 due to vague size stuff. It is good that this has been somewhat corrected, and simply being bigger than 2-A or infinitely bigger than L-2C no longer qualifies. However, apparently now the "Tier 1 meta" is hypertimeline, which may or may not turn out like what I mentioned previously.

I would like the Tier 1 standards here to be something like this: you would need to have both a size superiority or have some dimensional theory (Be it mentioning 5D-6D+, more well-known theories like Brane and String theory or even cardinals), and qualitative superiority on top of that. I feel that lately, people are getting away too easily with Tier 1 due to vague size stuff. It is good that this has been somewhat corrected, and simply being bigger than 2-A or infinitely bigger than L-2C no longer qualifies. However, apparently now the "Tier 1 meta" is hypertimeline, which may or may not turn out like what I mentioned previously.
What's exactly the problem with verses getting tier 1 easily? Hypertimelines are a valid thing, and make sense (I believe so, at least. Not a math guy) I see no reason why we need to mention dimensionality stuff when many verses are not that direct.

Besides, there 1.4k dudes who are tier 1, but a lot of them share the same verse and stuff. If the only reason why we need to make the standards strict are "they are easy to get" instead of an actual problem like say hypothetically how hyper timelines don't qualify for higher tier because blah blah blah, then I really don't see a logical reasoning here aside from just not liking it.

Back