• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Grits have to be one of the worst foods ever.
They have no taste, they're not even that smooth, and they're overall not enjoyable.
I also don't really care for cream of wheat, though oatmeal is pretty great.
You do realize you can and are supposed to add other things in it, right.

And yet it was defended.
That's kinda sad.

Except for the fact that the place was lit up rather brightly at that specific moment and there is no real other way to find out the depth without heavy downplay.

Either way let's not argue about it here. This is the hot takes thread, not the boxer thread.
It was lit up by that one light source from behind Viktor, which will ofc cause wonky shadings. You could make otherreasonable assumptions for the calc like knuckle length depth or something else, but assuming arm length depth via shadings just isn't a strong argument.

Alright, I won't lengthen the discussion any further.

This isn't a hot take but rather an unpopular opinion. The manhwa "Jungle Juice" is actually pretty damn decent and when I see people screaming at it on forums and subreddits because it's too shonen-esque or generic I cringe so bad. These are the same people who read like a bijillion manhwas about a black haired dude getting OP using a world that has dungeons and a game-like system and then recommend it to first-time manhwa readers even though there's better stuff to recommend.

JJ is basic but the art and the action is really nice. I have far less gripes with it than stuff like MHA. They complain it is shonen-esque even though Manhwa barely has any actual shonen-like series.

Berserk isn't a good manga, let alone Seinen, past/during the Eclipse.
All it is is r**e and gore. Throughout the entire manga. They barely have anything else.
CDN media

A good amount of people think it, so I'm not sure it's quite the hot take, just a bit controversial.
But I still feel it's true.

Berserk isn't a good manga, let alone Seinen, past/during the Eclipse.
All it is is r**e and gore. Throughout the entire manga. They barely have anything else.
horrendous take

ironically this is a take I hear from people who don't read Berserk and think that's all Berserk is, which is obviously not the case. Seeing this from someone who's supposedly read Berserk however....🤨🤨

horrendous take

ironically this is a take I hear from people who don't read Berserk and think that's all Berserk is, which is obviously not the case. Seeing this from someone who's supposedly read Berserk however....🤨🤨
It just gets boring after a while tbh, feels like the same thing over and over, it's a slog.

Design wise, leagues above Eida/Aida/Ada. Her idea of monsters also had huge potential for something that could've been explored and expanded upon, and her assertive and somewhat bratty personality in combination with that makes for a very interesting and unique character.

Also, her gameplay in the new Ninja Storm game is peak.
Speaking of Eida/Aida/Ada...

What do most people think of her? From what I've seen, it's just a bunch of horny mfs obsessing over her thighs.

Ngl Solo leveling is hella overrated and while it can be satisfying to read especially as one of your first manhwas, it is actually extremely mid for a comic. Action is good but the entire OP protag premise is so shoe-horned in that it becomes annoying.
Wait, didn't you already make this post before.

Ngl Solo leveling is hella overrated and while it can be satisfying to read especially as one of your first manhwas, it is actually extremely mid for a comic. Action is good but the entire OP protag premise is so shoe-horned in that it becomes annoying.
This isn't a hot take but rather an unpopular opinion. The manhwa "Jungle Juice" is actually pretty damn decent and when I see people screaming at it on forums and subreddits because it's too shonen-esque or generic I cringe so bad. These are the same people who read like a bijillion manhwas about a black haired dude getting OP using a world that has dungeons and a game-like system and then recommend it to first-time manhwa readers even though there's better stuff to recommend.

JJ is basic but the art and the action is really nice. I have far less gripes with it than stuff like MHA. They complain it is shonen-esque even though Manhwa barely has any actual shonen-like series.
This the same post dawg 😭

Back