• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

This the same post dawg 😭
?????????

Jungle Juice hot take is that it is overhated and should deserve more love
Solo leveling hot take is that it is overrated and isn't as amazing as people make it out to be

Both series are kinda mid but very entertaining.

These are the same people who read like a bijillion manhwas about a black haired dude getting OP using a world that has dungeons and a game-like system and then recommend it to first-time manhwa readers even though there's better stuff to recommend.

Shmoops I am more so talking about the guys who came after Solo Leveling since Solo Leveling started the black-hair OP protag trend.

snip Jungle Juice
I would actually agree with this in terms of how some manhwa readers react to things. Saying "some" because we're trying not to generalize here, but there are clearly some type of Advanced Color of Copium Haki going on with these folks and "typical shonen crap" is one of the most common scapegoats they use to feel better for themselves.

Stuff like UnOrdinary usually also fall in these brackets although it's an OEL comic rather than a manhwa. But MHA is like 1000x better than it. That's a very unpopular opinion for UnOrdinary fans lol

Ngl Solo leveling is hella overrated and while it can be satisfying to read especially as one of your first manhwas, it is actually extremely mid for a comic. Action is good but the entire OP protag premise is so shoe-horned in that it becomes annoying.
Solo Leveling being mid at best is not an unpopular take as far as I know.

Not unpopular but I absolutely loathe copy powers for MCs in superhero stories. Like, its a peeve of mind, there are plenty of unique powers that can be thought of that are usually applies to side characters but you can't seem to apply that to the MC and instead have them copy and keep every power? It goes under the OP MC trope as well.

Not unpopular but I absolutely loathe copy powers for MCs in superhero stories. Like, its a peeve of mind, there are plenty of unique powers that can be thought of that are usually applies to side characters but you can't seem to apply that to the MC and instead have them copy and keep every power? It goes under the OP MC trope as well.
Copy powers in martial arts stories>>>>>

I think some characters can still be entertaining despite having copy abilities. Ihwa and Taskmaster are both characters that I think handle the "mimicry" trope well in their respective settings.
Taskmaster is cool because it's pure martial arts (I think), and Ihwa from what I've read does have a good limitation on it. But other than that, It just doesn't sit right with me ya know?
Copy powers in martial arts stories>>>>>
truuuee

I haven't really interacted with the Ben 10 community much so I don't know the consensus but it feels cold to me since Heatblast is just a fire thing while Swampfire just has more going for it,like being a plant,regen and an ultimate form. If Heatblast is more popular then it's probably because of nostalgia.
Last time I really watched Ben 10 was when I was a kid btw.

Last edited:
Speaking of Eida/Aida/Ada...

What do most people think of her? From what I've seen, it's just a bunch of horny mfs obsessing over her thighs.
Literally just this. And her entire character is simping for Kawaki.

Delta not only looked better, but had better characterization that could've gone places had she not been underutilized, or lowkey turned into a weapon like when Shikamaru reprogrammed her to fight for Konohagakure.

It's quite scary to see how many people have profile tags now.

In sunshine’s defense Im a firm believer that the jank isnt even that bad. It controls a lot better much better compared to galaxy and odyssey

So you're implying that Peter's a villain through that?
No, it's moreso a referential statement involving the original black suit arc in the comics. The symbiote really didn't negatively affect Peter. The only downsides it has was piloting Peter so he could keep doing Spider-Man stuff in his sleep. There was also the thing about the symbiote potentially draining Peter's life-force, but that got retconned pretty quickly, like "upon the introduction of Venom" quickly.

It didn't even make him more aggressive outright. The most that happened was him being a little cranky/irritable due to his lack of sleep.

Other than that, it was all plus sides, including a shapeshifting and self-repairing suit, essentially infinite webbing, so on and so forth.

On an unrelated note, originally it didn't even make Peter stronger, either. When Venom was first introduced, Brock stated after bonding with the symbiote that because Peter was already enhanced by the spider bite, it didn't enhance him because he was already enhanced, and that Brock got extra strength due to him being a regular human. Though this was retconned after the popularity of the 90s show's adaptation of the arc where it was treated as an amp for Spidey, and it's been treated that way ever since.

main-qimg-5a56540fe23996e015c4110001de2cf1

Peter only wanted to get rid of it after finding out it was alive, and the potential draining the life-force thing, even though the symbiote was just trying to help him. Heck, the symbiote still saves Peter even after separating himself from it.

main-qimg-77ac8325b396da5c8068aab7d31c4b6c

So the betrayal the symbiote felt as well as Eddie's hatred for Peter and Spider-Man became the perfect recipe for Venom.

So yeah. In its introduction, and before all the retellings and adaptations saying the contrary: the symbiote didn't corrupt Peter. Peter corrupted the symbiote.

Also, this leads to something else I don't like: I don't like how it seems like people get their "comic book knowledge" from adaptations that frequently overhaul characterizations of comic characters like in movies and TV shows rather than the comics themselves. I can tolerate that, but what I really don't like is when the comics get changed for people who aren't reading them, who think the characters are massively different than they were originally portrayed, all for the sake of brand synergy.

Anyways, that concludes my TED talk.

No, it's moreso a referential statement involving the original black suit arc in the comics. The symbiote really didn't negatively affect Peter. The only downsides it has was piloting Peter so he could keep doing Spider-Man stuff in his sleep. There was also the thing about the symbiote potentially draining Peter's life-force, but that got retconned pretty quickly, like "upon the introduction of Venom" quickly.

It didn't even make him more aggressive outright. The most that happened was him being a little cranky/irritable due to his lack of sleep.

Other than that, it was all plus sides, including a shapeshifting and self-repairing suit, essentially infinite webbing, so on and so forth.

On an unrelated note, originally it didn't even make Peter stronger, either. When Venom was first introduced, Brock stated after bonding with the symbiote that because Peter was already enhanced by the spider bite, it didn't enhance him because he was already enhanced, and that Brock got extra strength due to him being a regular human. Though this was retconned after the popularity of the 90s show's adaptation of the arc where it was treated as an amp for Spidey, and it's been treated that way ever since.

Peter only wanted to get rid of it after finding out it was alive, and the potential draining the life-force thing, even though the symbiote was just trying to help him. Heck, the symbiote still saves Peter even after separating himself from it.

So the betrayal the symbiote felt as well as Eddie's hatred for Peter and Spider-Man became the perfect recipe for Venom.

So yeah. In its introduction, and before all the retellings and adaptations saying the contrary: the symbiote didn't corrupt Peter. Peter corrupted the symbiote.

Also, this leads to something else I don't like: I don't like how it seems like people get their "comic book knowledge" from adaptations that frequently overhaul characterizations of comic characters like in movies and TV shows rather than the comics themselves. I can tolerate that, but what I really don't like is when the comics get changed for people who aren't reading them, who think the characters are massively different than they were originally portrayed, all for the sake of brand synergy.

This isn't a hot take it's staight up facts. 0/10 missed the entire point of the thread.

Strawberries > Apples
F9uw1-A5-W0-AAHBxn.jpg

"Alexa, play 'Cook' by Chief Keef."

No clue if this is a hot take, but
The Skaven are hands down the best Warhammer Fantasy faction. That is all

Back