• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

How's the Pizza Tower verse been doing since my ban
See for yourself.

How's the Pizza Tower verse been doing since my ban
Remember when I said that Chowder is good, but not THAT good a little earlier on in the thread?

Well here's someone praising Chowder for the cult classic that it is. Consider this my way of saying "I'm sorry."

Remember when I said that Chowder is good, but not THAT good a little earlier on in the thread?

Well here's someone praising Chowder for the cult classic that it is. Consider this my way of saying "I'm sorry."

4Pgundy.png

Dead really.
That's disgraceful

The Boxer is probably the most overrated street tier verse scaling wise, at least so far I've seen. I don't even know how some of the calculations got accepted in the first place.
Ngl, I have to assume you’ve never scaled a street tier verse if you unironically think this.

God forbid you are ever graced with Tokyo Revengers, Lookism, Baki, or the absolutely clusterfuck that is are marvel street tier pages.

The MCU is dogshit and I truly, legitimately cannot understand how anybody past the age of 12 can enjoy those movies.

I'm really fucking sick and tired of remakes, reboots, and retellings of various media that already exists. I feel like we're rapidly approaching a media singularity where everything that has previously existed in some form is simply regurgitated in a new coat of paint, whether that be in a remake people forget about in a week or in another ill-fated attempt to create some kind of media multiverse (Space Jam 2 is a good example of this thought process at its worst).

Touhou Project unironically sweeps most verses here in terms of the quality of its storytelling and characterization. Genuinely a great series to analyze the thematics and worldbuilding of, which is why it's so upsetting to see a majority of the fandom keep recycling the same unfunny memes and gooner mentality. Not gonna ruin my enjoyment, though.
On the multiverse idea, I'd use it to bridge and explore dynamics of universes, magic systems, etc. that otherwise couldn't co-exist. Also, could we stop making universes in multiverses parallel? Why can't we have a universe where sentient cheese are the only living organisms instead of an infinite number of [insert character name here].

And the "Council of [insert character that's essentially a constant in the multiverse here]" thing? It's old. I'd love to see a Council of a bunch of hodgepodge weirdos across the multiverse that aren't all the same character except one thing changes.

On the topic of street tiers and marvel. For marvel comic scaling.

The distinction between our “Wall level+” characters and our “building level” characters are almost completely arbitrary, and I heavily disagree with separating them.

Characters like Daredevil and Iron Fist should just flatly be 8-C. Its kinda funny the loops the site jumps through to keep them separate.

Ngl, I have to assume you’ve never scaled a street tier verse if you unironically think this.

God forbid you are ever graced with Tokyo Revengers, Lookism, Baki, or the absolutely clusterfuck that is are marvel street tier pages.
Ngl, at least those verses usually have good calcs. The calcs for Viktor's feat and J's are, with all due respect, absolute dogshit.

I kinda agree with Tokyo Revengers being overrated tho, but at least it doesn't have such a problem with the calcs, as far as I know.

Guys I just watched FNAF movie, it is...actually pretty good!!
Stay true to source material, fan service done right, no woke SJW propaganda. 🔥🔥🔥

Manhattan precog isnt consistent or under his control
He also gets blitzed and vaporized in a atomic level
Not consistant? The only way he can't see into the future is if there are tachyon particles around him, which Goku doesn't have. Using exclusively the Watchmen Comics, that is the only time he isn't able to.

Manhattan regenerated his body from his intrinsic field being removed, which destroyed him down to his Quarks and Gluons. Atomization is explicitly not a problem for him.

1. Plants vs. Zombies is the best tower defense
2. Transformers (Bayverse) is not as bad as people say
3. Uncle Grandpa is not a bad show
4. Most of the animes that I watched as a kid, become boring when I watched as a adult
5. Godzilla >>>>>>>>>> All

Not consistant? The only way he can't see into the future is if there are tachyon particles around him, which Goku doesn't have. Using exclusively the Watchmen Comics, that is the only time he isn't able to.
Yes, it isn't consistent. He sees random events from the future and that's it. Manhattan doesn't choose the moment that he sees.
Manhattan regenerated his body from his intrinsic field being removed, which destroyed him down to his Quarks and Gluons. Atomization is explicitly not a problem for him.
It doesn't matter, really. He just gets vaporized over and over again

Ngl, at least those verses usually have good calcs. The calcs for Viktor's feat and J's are, with all due respect, absolute dogshit.

I kinda agree with Tokyo Revengers being overrated tho, but at least it doesn't have such a problem with the calcs, as far as I know.
Naw Tokyo Revenger has whatever issues you have with the boxer ten times worse in terms of scaling.

The others may have better calcs but their scaling is wayyyy more fucky tbh.

Naw Tokyo Revenger has whatever issues you have with the boxer ten times worse in terms of scaling.

The others may have better calcs but their scaling is wayyyy more fucky tbh.
No idea about Tokyo Revengers calcs, I believe I'm not going to check it out just in case.

I don't believe Baki scaling is that messy, but I can agree with Lookism, it's pretty much changing by chapter.

Cap. Js calc had everyone and their mother attack it two-three times and was defended. I am the one who made Viktor's calc, it is the most accurate that it can get.
Yeah no, maybe right now it is somewhat ok after the staff culled like half of the calcs. It was wanked to hell and back because one guy who really likes making alts wanked it beyond belief.

Cap. Js calc had everyone and their mother attack it two-three times and
Well, that's something nice to hear.
I am the one who made Viktor's calc, it is the most accurate that it can get.
Then I have to say I have some heavy disagreements with your calc, mainly with the way you got the depth. Using shades to estimate it without taking into account that the feat was made in a very dark place and that the only source of light was from behind Viktor is quite bad ngl.

Yeah no, maybe right now it is somewhat ok after the staff culled like half of the calcs. It was wanked to hell and back because one guy who really likes making alts wanked it beyond belief.
No idea, I never got interested in Tokyo Revengers really, so I know none about that tbh.

Grits have to be one of the worst foods ever.
They have no taste, they're not even that smooth, and they're overall not enjoyable.
I also don't really care for cream of wheat, though oatmeal is pretty great.

Well, that's something nice to hear.
And yet it was defended.
Then I have to say I have some heavy disagreements with your calc, mainly with the way you got the depth. Using shades to estimate it without taking into account that the feat was made in a very dark place and that the only source of light was from behind Viktor is quite bad ngl.
Except for the fact that the place was lit up rather brightly at that specific moment and there is no real other way to find out the depth without heavy downplay.

Either way let's not argue about it here. This is the hot takes thread, not the boxer thread.
No idea, I never got interested in Tokyo Revengers really, so I know none about that tbh.
K

Back