• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

This forum wasn't as fun when you were banned.
Thanks.
Tbh I find the reason for my ban stupid, what I said was dumb and a little ignorant/presumptuous but I don't believe it warranted a 2 month ban.
I think they overreacted, but it's alright, I feel that I did deserve a ban as I did say/do some actually stupid and toxic shit beforehand

I advise you all to actually read the entire thing.

I think Speed equalization needs to be tweaked a bit. Instead of just saying everyone has the same speed, how about granting blatantly faster characters a 50% speed advantage instead

I think Speed equalization needs to be tweaked a bit. Instead of just saying everyone has the same speed, how about granting blatantly faster characters a 50% speed advantage instead
Lol. Disagree, that just makes some matchups that are actually interesting unfair, speed equalization is perfectly fine imo.

If your character loses because the opponent was allowed to be a bit faster (Chances are, the enemy is normaly already thousands of times faster) then your character probably didnt deserve to win that fight in the first place.

Lol. Disagree, that just makes some matchups that are actually interesting unfair, speed equalization is perfectly fine imo.
Wouldn't it make a match more interesting if the character that's supposed to be faster doesn't immediately lose to another "man with gun" character just because speed's equalized? It'd be more fun to participate in a thread where an in-verse speedster actually gets to use their fighting style proficiently, instead of getting neutered just so the slower opponent can stand a chance.
thats a reason why im not a fan of speed equalization but at the same time if it didnt exist pretty much a ton of matches here wouldnt be possible so it's a neessary evil

Last edited:
wink-kono-healer-mendokusai.gif

Aight so, hot take but, LS is the cringiest statistic. I get that it can matter and that it otherwise cannot be calculated but imo a guy who has far higher physical strength than another guy but has an LS a million times lower makes no sense. Unless there is counter-evidence, characters should just outscale each other physically in every way except maybe speed since that depends on brain power and perception, unlike LS, which depends fully on muscle strength, exactly the same as physical AP.
LS should only be accounted for when talking about characters with telekinetic powers or when someone just has an LS way higher than what would seem to be right, like Omni Man having Class Z LS despite being Low 6-B.

Aight so, hot take but, LS is the cringiest statistic. I get that it can matter and that it otherwise cannot be calculated but imo a guy who has far higher physical strength than another guy but has an LS a million times lower makes no sense. Unless there is counter-evidence, characters should just outscale each other physically in every way except maybe speed since that depends on brain power and perception, unlike LS, which depends fully on muscle strength, exactly the same as physical AP.
LS should only be accounted for when talking about characters with telekinetic powers or when someone just has an LS way higher than what would seem to be right, like Omni Man having Class Z LS despite being Low 6-B.
LS isn't the same as AP though

Physical AP and LS both rely on muscle strength unless we're talking about something that has no muscles.
But aren't striking and lifting dictated by different muscles groups? Like lifting is with the biceps or the legs, striking is with the triceps and pectorals yeah? If that's the case, there is reason to separate the two.

Back