• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Speaking as someone who was admittedly disappointed that they didn't get together at the end (or at least not confirmed, anyway), I think it's stupid that people considered Ochako some kind of "prize" like what you're saying. I just thought they had a really nice dynamic and would've liked to see them together at the end. Especially with how the penultimate chapter went
the sheer aura of loneliness Deku had just made the whole finale so disappointing.
If a series has a finale it should either be the perfect ending, calm solemn ending, abrupt tragic ending that leaves room for thought or just straight up bombastic. These are the ones I can outline that work well, there are obviously more. The MHA ending was both a solemn ending and a failure of bombastic ending. 8 years in the joint down the drain and only now we get some sort of conclusion, deku becoming a hero, not with his own strength, and in an age where heroes aren't that useful anymore.

I get that endings are hard to land but it I don't quite get why it is hard to make at least a simple happy ending without some wacky-ahh logic going on. I mean if we're going with the ironman suit at least make it so he gets it fast and we start the final chapter with him getting into it and going on a mission. We could also commit to the superhero teacher part with him teaching kids happily, getting at least some recognition and the need for superheroes still being notable enough for the job to be useful.
There are many ways it could've gone well but why are people mad at Ochako? Because even the basic "good hero guy gets the girl" bonus Deku could've gotten got stripped from him. He got 8 years of becoming distant with his friends and doing a job that was far from his dream career.
Even if I ignore all the logical and writing issues that went down with the ending, which I will, since last time I argued with... I think it was actually Slendy, for like a page or two straight. I don't give enough of a damn to have such an argument again.

Either way it is as simple as - The hero was basically not rewarded until 8 years later where he got a suit which at this point isn't even that useful since there are no more world-ending threats present.

The MHA ending was both a solemn ending and a failure of bombastic ending. 8 years in the joint down the drain and only now we get some sort of conclusion, deku becoming a hero, not with his own strength, and in an age where heroes aren't that useful anymore.
Heroes not being as necessary anymore is literally the point? That's why he gave up OFA. Besides, the whole point is that anyone who's helping people, including, say, a random-ass grandma, is a hero, no matter how insignificant it may seem. That's the point. Also, it's heavily implied he's going to fulfill the All Might role for a future student, or possibly more, because it's shown how good of a teacher he is.
We could also commit to the superhero teacher part with him teaching kids happily, getting at least some recognition
HE DID. THAT LITERALLY HAPPENED.
There are many ways it could've gone well but why are people mad at Ochako? Because even the basic "good hero guy gets the girl" bonus Deku could've gotten got stripped from him.
So, that's the 'prize' argument, literally spelled out.
He got 8 years of becoming distant with his friends and doing a job that was far from his dream career.
Literally didn't happen, he was happy with his job, and didn't hang out with ALL his friends very often because he's a grown-ass man and they don't live together anymore.

I know you don't want to debate on this, but the debate came up because you were saying objectively incorrect stuff.

I think it was actually Slendy, for like a page or two straight. I don't give enough of a damn to have such an argument again.
see what I mean? It's like a trigger button. Complain about the ending once he'll start arguing again. i ain't even gonna bother reading it this time

see what I mean? It's like a trigger button. Complain about the ending once he'll start arguing again. i ain't even gonna bother reading it this time
I know you don't want to debate on this, but the debate came up because you were saying objectively incorrect stuff.
Actually, I don't care about arguing with you, your arguments are just so mid I don't want other people's opinion to be swayed by them.

I don't think the ending was anything special, it was pretty standard, but a large portion of the criticism is dogshit, and frankly, if you don't want me to answer, don't say my name.

"You may think I'm being an insufferable asshole rn, but actually, I've drawn you as the little wojack and me as the cool one. Which one of us ACTUALLY banged my mom?"
For the record, this is a bit, I don't want to get reported for a 'your mom' joke again.

JJK had a fine ending, I don't know why people complain so much about it
In fact, I know: The JJK fandom take headcanon more seriously than the actual canon, and then when the chapater pulls something not expected they say that it was a bad choice

However, Gege could have worked better in some points of the story, but I don't blame him, since he was DYING . It was a weekly manga but it was basically biweekly due to how many times Gege had health issues. Not only that, but he got hospitalized for three weeks when making Yujo vs Sukuna. Some pages were unfinished yet released to not delay the manga numerous times. Hell, the new volume notes even made clear that he wanted to work more with something as simple as "lol double jump" but couldn't due to time.

However, Gege could have worked better in some points of the story, but I don't blame him, since he was DYING . It was a weekly manga but it was basically biweekly due to how many times Gege had health issues. Not only that, but he got hospitalized for three weeks when making Yujo vs Sukuna. Some pages were unfinished yet released to not delay the manga numerous. Hell, the new volume notes even made clear that he wanted to work more with something as simple as "lol double jump" but couldn't due to time.
Yeah, mangaka work like, a lot, getting sick from that is pretty easy. It's why a lot of people don't get mad over "break next week" statements like some people do.

was gonna send a meme but I searched up double thumbs up on youtube and like 90% of the results had something to do with sex or sex jokes
image.png

What the genuine f-

was gonna send a meme but I searched up double thumbs up on youtube and like 90% of the results had something to do with sex or sex jokes
image.png

What the genuine f-
I remember the animation that first meme was based on, that circled around the internet a couple times.

Ok rodents too. Basically small mammals or reptiles that are angry shall be described as feisty. The rest - no.
What about large mammals or reptiles, or fish? What if I am trying to get a gorilla to settle down so I can give him his medicine? What if I am trying to feed a group of koi and one of them keeps flopping around and slapping the other ones?

Back