• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Gravity Falls is a peak show but idk why people try to make it look as if it was the most complex show ever
Isn't that readers response? Finding deep complexity and nuance in a plot that either doesn't exist or wasn't intended by the author in order to usually gatekeep? FNAF and Danganronpa have fandom's that are gulity of this while the KH fanbase used to do it but eventually accepted (mostly) the overarching plot was merely convoluted not complex before the remasters and platform streamlining (remember when important canon lore was in a JP only mobile game?).

As for Gravity Falls it's just a fun time that's not afraid to tackle mature subjects while still balancing the humour. I mean it's still a show that's about two siblings and their friends/family fighting essentially a cool ranch flavoured Nyarlathotep as well as other chaotic horrors, that just so happens to be a cartoon (animation really is still fighting the "for kids" stigma).

The true bullshit is on the human level characters being relativistic
4sf2pj8z1jcd1.png

adding references is the most painful part of profile creation. Not even the scan adding part, specifically the references. It's one thing if you have like 2 seasons with 12 episodes each of something but if you have 93 episodes or like 230 chapters you end up having to dig through mountains of material just to get this specific moment so you can add this specific reference.

I think often times when people say something like this about a character's scaling it's pure incredulity
Incredulity is underrated. People use this as if it was fine to think that a human character who strungle against things that normal humans irl have is actually somehow stronger than any real life militar technology

Incredulity is underrated. People use this as if it was fine to think that a human character who strungle against things that normal humans irl have is actually somehow stronger than any real life militar technology

"They can't be light speed because there isn't any moving pictures, immobile at best."
"They can't be FTL because FTL is impossible and would be scientifically inaccurate"
"Please ignore that someone above 5-C in a scientifically accurate enviroment would tear the planet apart with their gravity and that a character who is physically 4-C would collapse into a black hole"

adding references is the most painful part of profile creation. Not even the scan adding part, specifically the references. It's one thing if you have like 2 seasons with 12 episodes each of something but if you have 93 episodes or like 230
When uploading the scans in question to imgur, add the episode numbers to the imgur link...

Gravity Falls being relatisvistic is based mainly with things that aren't meant to be a speed feat. One of the feats is literally Dipper falling and then the calcer compared this to the speed of a laser that happened on the same scene, getting a falling speed of 30% SoL

Or Gideon jumping on the ground and the calcer again comparing his falling and jump with the laser, just to seconds later Gideon start to move like a average human while breaking some mirrors

OR THIS SHIT BEING USED AS A FEAT SOMEHOW

Animation do be animation 🗿

It happened, and you can't just ignore it because "muh it's not intended", Jonathan wasn't intended to be MFTL either, and yet.

Gravity Falls is a peak show but idk why people try to make it look as if it was the most complex show ever
Tbf, the biggest part of the fandoms try to make their show more complex than it looks

adding references is the most painful part of profile creation. Not even the scan adding part, specifically the references. It's one thing if you have like 2 seasons with 12 episodes each of something but if you have 93 episodes or like 230 chapters you end up having to dig through mountains of material just to get this specific moment so you can add this specific reference.
Almost everytime that i add references to a profile i left an additional tab on my computer to search for the episodes names on the franchise´s fandom wiki (If it has one, of course), it saves a lot of time

I literally argued for High 1-C Bill years ago, idk why you think I'm biased just because I disagree with average humans being almost as fast as the speed of light
Danganronpa should be 10-B (they're all treated as human beings, **** whatever feat they have).
Almost everytime that i add references to a profile i left an additional tab on my computer to search for the episodes names on the franchise´s fandom wiki (If it has one, of course), it saves a lot of time
Tbh it becomes easy after a bit.

Back