• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla Revision 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
which doesn't matter cause your source is not available to us at all and you're basically relying on a wiki which is not allowed
No, I'm relying on the scans I have. I showed you a link to Wikizilla to show you to which book the scan belongs.

but you don't have further context for the scans which could change everything you talk about simply because you don't have access to the book.

If one cannot access the source of a scan but does have the scan, is it allowed to be used in CRTs?
How? I gave you the context behind the scans. Most of the users in this wiki who use Japanese scans to back up tiers of their favorite characters don't even have access to those guidebooks. To my point of view, you're just extracomplicating this.

How? I gave you the context behind the scans. Most of the users in this wiki who use Japanese scans to back up tiers of their favorite characters don't even have access to those guidebooks. To my point of view, you're just extracomplicating this.
Context is literally the whole book mate. For all I know I can open up the book and the first lines fully contradict everything you say.
I also very much believe that the people you mentioned just now would be able to tell me where they got access to the books and guides or even straight up give a link to me.

I don't know if others have said this yet, but surviving a planetary destruction isn't a planet level feat unless you take the full force of the explosion. The scan says Ghidorah is born from the stone of a planet, without any indication he must've been hit by all of its energy concentrated into that area. The debris from a planet blowing up aren't planetary in dura

Context is literally the whole book mate. For all I know I can open up the book and the first lines fully contradict everything you say.
I also very much believe that the people you mentioned just now would be able to tell me where they got access to the books and guides or even straight up give a link to me.
The books are well done, with high standards of quality. I doubt they would come up with a timeline and then deny it within the same book. :V

I don't know if others have said this yet, but surviving a planetary destruction isn't a planet level feat unless you take the full force of the explosion. The scan says Ghidorah is born from the stone of a planet, without any indication he must've been hit by all of its energy concentrated into that area. The debris from a planet blowing up aren't planetary in dura
Good point; is it worth trying to calculate it?

"I doubt" is a non-argument. Either bring me the book in some manner or there's no argument to be made.
Ah, ok, let me rephrase that again. Why would they come up with a timeline and then deny it within the same book? Also being asked to show an expensive Japanese guidebook because of some scans is kind of dumb, to be honest. I haven't seen anyone asking for the same in this wiki.

Why would they come up with a timeline and then deny it within the same book? Also being asked to show an expensive Japanese guidebook because of some scans is kind of dumb, to be honest. I haven't seen anyone asking for the same in this wiki.
and that is not my problem. You're the one who brought it up despite not having the source. Others who bring stuff up in their CRTs usually don't just take random screenshots from something that is inaccessible and use it. If they do, that should be fixed.
Also why would they bring up the timeline? They could deadass be talking about design choices here rather than literal lore. I know I am being very skeptical but if we can't access the original book then we shouldn't be using it at all. Who knows, the screenshots could be edited like what happened with DMC.

Access to a source is not absolutely necessary to use that source.

Edit while I have more time: I will elaborate by saying that I think you should have access to the things you're citing if you intend to cite them, as reviewing references is a legitimate course of action. However, we have no rule regarding using a source you don't have access to- so long as it exists and isn't like lost media or something, it's fine.

You should endeavor to get this source. I may ask around about acquiring it myself for the purposes of this thread.

Last edited:
Access to a source is not absolutely necessary to use that source.

Edit while I have more time: I will elaborate by saying that I think you should have access to the things you're citing if you intend to cite them, as reviewing references is a legitimate course of action. However, we have no rule regarding using a source you don't have access to- so long as it exists and isn't like lost media or something, it's fine.

You should endeavor to get this source. I may ask around about acquiring it myself for the purposes of this thread.
Ok, then I'll leave the subject.

I think the book is for sale here. I appreciate your good intentions, but you don't have to buy them for me. It's ok, buddy. Thank you.

well no actually I meant piracy, but if you'd rather not, this works for me too

well no actually I meant piracy, but if you'd rather not, this works for me too
Ah. I don't know where to pirate it, but if you know, please let me know.

With all due respect to your opinion as an administrator and as someone I have known for a long time, wouldn't it be easier just to have the complete timeline instead of the whole book? I feel that not everything in the wiki is relevant, and I think that if you are going to apply that to me, you should apply it to all wiki users. Because I can get the whole timeline if you give me time.

If you have a secondary source that'd fill the same hole, by all means, go ahead. Personally I'm not strictly opposed to you using a book you don't have access to, but it can cause problems.

If you have a secondary source that'd fill the same hole, by all means, go ahead. Personally I'm not strictly opposed to you using a book you don't have access to, but it can cause problems.
Update: I couldn't find it. So, yeah, better we leave the subject.

Since it has been more than two days since some of the proposals in this thread were accepted, I'll proceed to make the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back