• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion III: Revenge of the Honest Opinions

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Speaking of Cartoon,Rugrats is the best for me,even with the creepypasta thing.
Rugrats is definitely one of my all time favourites but for me personally, the top spot has to go to Rick & Morty.

EA is not as bad as people think it is.

note:Thats not my thoughts rather what i've heard

Call of duty 4 set the bar for what good first person shooter in the modern setting look like in the end

The generation five Pokemon desgins get way too much hate.

Infinity Ward should not be taken out by the dev cycle and repleced by Raven Software.

I mean EA isnt the worst of the worst but they are pretty bad

And as for my unpoupler rng isnt a bad mechanic to base your game around so long as said game is fun

The whole 2nd season of Netflix's Richie rich is pointless.

Because it's about his sister trying to get into Harvard.

No member of the rich family would need to get into harvard, they would just donate 100 million bucks and harvard would welcome them with open arms.

Firestrike155 said:
The generation five Pokemon desgins get way too much hate.
I'll second that! I don't think these "inanimate object" designs for Pokémon like Vanillish and Musharna aren't that bad, and even Trubbish is actually a pretty pleasant design for a Pokémon.

(Not to mention Garbodor literally rekt the TCG-scape for a while.)

LordWhis said:
Crysis is GOAT material. It is almost certainly the greatest fps ever.

and also Crysis > Bioshock.
I agree. The Crysis series needs more love. However, I wouldn't call it one of the greatest FPS titles ever. At the end of the day, it's just an ego shooter with decent gameplay (1 and Warhead especially) that is designed to show off a game engine's capabilities.

One thing I can agree on is that Crysis is far better than COD.

@soldierblue:

1 It has the best gameplay of any video game ever.

2 Its sandbox simulator is just endless fun.

3 It started the whole linear or mini open world/ open linear game concept that most modern video games imitate.

1. Most stealth games have more interesting gameplay. Dishonoured in particular does a good job without being overly complicated. But as far as ego shooters go, I agree.

2. Yes, but nothing exceptional.

3. Actually, that was Far Cry, which was the spiritual predecessor of Crysis and made by the same company. And even then, I'm not sure. I'm sure there is another game out there, which you and I probably don't know about, which was the true pioneer in this department.

@Soldier Blue: It seems you are right about far cry being the pioneer in that department. I had always assumed it was open world like modern far cries but I guess I was wrong.

It is still GOAT material in my book, I know it's an unpopular opinion which is why I posted it here.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Rick & Morty.......if there is no toxic fandom,i will like that.
Rick and Morty fanboys are a special breed. Do note that I like Rick and Morty but its fanboys are plain annoying and wank Rick too much. "Rick with prep is omnipotent" No. Just no.

I prefer character with interesting powers than well-written character.

I never watched Fairy Tail, but i think is overhated.

Fights and powers are the most important thing in the most battle shonen.

To me Zamasu's voice isn't bad, but doesn't fit per se. It's the same with Fused Zamasu, except FZ's english voice is excellent.

I like that Goku Black has a slightly deeper tone than Goku, but it's not too much deeper, and it works in my opinion. His Rose voice is a little weird because it's like he litterally put on the opposite accent, but it's not bad.

If anyone is into sports then you'll understand this one.

-The NCAA should pay their student athletes due to the amount of money they make off from their labor yearly

-the NCAA is corrupt as hell

-EA's best sports line of games was the NCAA footballl and baksetball series games (fite me)

Seventy96 said:
I never watched Fairy Tail, but i think is overhated.
I have read/watched Fairy Tail and was even a member of a Fairy Tail forum (which is dead now). I can tell you that it is indeed overhated. But the fandom... Man is the Fairy Tail fandom just horrible.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Horrible in what meaning? i curious about your opinion.
Constant toxic arguments between fans of different characters and even fans of different ships, wanking of characters one likes and downplay of everybody else, expletive ridden rants after every chapter because something they wanted to happen didn't, the hypocrisy over the treatment of some female characters by the author, just a couple of wrong words being enough to trigger a several page long argument (several dozen to hundreds of messages long), the infamous Natsu and Gray wanker gangs.

Soldier Blue said:
Constant toxic arguments between fans of different characters and even fans of different ships, wanking of characters one likes and downplay of everybody else, expletive ridden rants after every chapter because something they wanted to happen didn't, the hypocrisy over the treatment of some female characters by the author, just a couple of wrong words being enough to trigger a several page long argument (several dozen to hundreds of messages long), the infamous Natsu and Gray wanker gangs.
What do you mean by that bit? Actual question, as I'm also just curious.

Back