• An important announcement about how to solve problems with your discussion thread notifications, and other important issues.

Please click here for further information.
  • Important information regarding the linking of images from Fandom wikis.

• Important information regarding upcoming advertisements in this forum.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 4

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
It was originally suggested for me, Immunity/Invulnerability Bypassing/Breaker.

What about having the ability to understand another World's Language

There's a lot of Isekais with this type of Ability given to them whenever they get Isekaid

Shouldnt we add Power Manipulation to the wikia? When I say "Power Manipulation" I mean the ability to overide and take control of someone else's powers for your own purposes. I am very certain that this has been done enough in fiction to make it an actual power here.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Shouldnt we add Power Manipulation to the wikia? When I say "Power Manipulation" I mean the ability to overide and take control of someone else's powers for your own purposes. I am very certain that this has been done enough in fiction to make it an actual power here.
like making the enemy's time stop heal and let you walk around while the enemy gets frozen or redirecting the attack while giving it new effects?

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Yeah, rarely there is food that isn't (or doesn't possesses) organic matter, unless it can control salt or similar (but in that case it would be Earth Manipulation [salt]).

Is there to be no discussion on the proposed powers/abilities, such as Antoniofer's draft of Demonic Force Manipulation?

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Its pretty specific to be a power, if any, we got a power that allows one to control objects.

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Mm, I was expecting more elaboration than that (an one example at least). But going with the typical idea of "system", I guess you mean something like "manipulate the relationship and interaction between principles, ideas, laws and elementals that constitude a whole", that could vary between Biological Manipulation to Conceptual Manipulation, something that is pretty broad.

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Mmm, broader powers are more acceptable than specific ones in general, but then we got powers that are the mix of other ones; I'm not the last word tho, other ones can say what they think, but I believe that not just system can cover several things, but also few characters have it (at least I do not remember any).

I imagine a imaginative writer could make that very interesting as an ability.

I myself when writing took "adding anything to anything" to its extremes, having the character add space between them and people, or add "death" to a person.

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
That do not really sounds system related, at much it would be Causality Manipulation.

I guess Object Manipulation may warrant its page.

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Conventional evolution its covered by Biological Manipulation, unless its refer to a more esoteric/unconventional evolution.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Sysop
Human Resources
Hmm, what if it's evolution of an ability? Biological manipulation doesn't fit there.

Also what Procell does is evolve inorganic objects so doesn't really fit there either.

Procell's evolution can fit under time manipulation since his ability advances objects to their future forms, idk about Arifureta though, they can evolve objects, people and abilities.

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So, something like turning a carbine into a rifle, or turn Fire/Ice Manipulation into Thermal Manipulation?

The adding anything to anything isn't system manipulation, I was giving an anecdote about my writing of a character having an ability and extending it to its logical extremes.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Sysop
Human Resources
@Antioniofer In regards to who Procell or Arifureta characters?

For Procell off the top of my head only remember him being able to advance things to their future forms, he used it on a MOAB, making it far more powerful.

In regards to Arifureta, Evolution Magic allows the user to basically make themselves more powerful, it's explained as like changing a persons stats from level 1 to level 2.

In addition it strengthens their abilities and basically evolves all the other 6 abilities such as time manipulation, soul manipulation, gravity manipulation etc to create concept manipulation.

Later on it is explained that the version of the abilities the characters use is limited so really Evolution Magic is a limited form of Information Manipulation, still think listing whatever Evolution counts as an ability would be nice though.

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I mean, cause progression via Time Manipulation its possible, but it do not help to turn stuff into anothers if they wouldn't eventually change without outside influence.

That magic sounds like it increase experience, thing that allows other to increase stats, in whose case, I believe it qualify as Variable Manipulation (that I guess its covered by our Information Manipulation).

Celestial Pegasus said:
@Antioniofer In regards to who Procell or Arifureta characters?
For Procell off the top of my head only remember him being able to advance things to their future forms, he used it on a MOAB, making it far more powerful.

In regards to Arifureta, Evolution Magic allows the user to basically make themselves more powerful, it's explained as like changing a persons stats from level 1 to level 2.

In addition it strengthens their abilities and basically evolves all the other 6 abilities such as time manipulation, soul manipulation, gravity manipulation etc to create concept manipulation.

Later on it is explained that the version of the abilities the characters use is limited so really Evolution Magic is a limited form of Information Manipulation, still think listing whatever Evolution counts as an ability would be nice though.
Isn't that time manip? Evolve something to a future version. Or did I understand wrong?

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Sysop
Human Resources
@Antoniofer Yea i do think Procell's ability is time manipulation.

Evolution magic enhance all other forms of power, no matter how weak. As i said it is covered by information manipulation cause the true extent of the ability is interfering with information, it evolves stuff by interfering with a persons body's information that says level 1 and raises it to level 2.

Average users of the ability can only evolve things, proficient users like Hajime and Yue can interfere with the information in all objects and do things like erasing information on the internet on a planetary scale or erasing ppl's power.

Anyway i will just add time manipulation to Procell.

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Before that, is there any example of how progresssing objects or abilities work? As I said, some times progess via time manipulation is not possible.

Andytrenom

VS Battles
Sysop
Human Resources
"Object" is way too broad to create a power around. This is a power for manipulating literally any physical thing that exists

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
It was for anything that its inanimated, manufactured, tangible and not alive, if want to be more specific. Its basically telekinesis, but without psionics and/or limited to specific objects.

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Its up to you to decide, although character controlling a selective group of items is pretty common.

I thought of something like rage power but instead of being limited to anger would include any emotions (i.e. getting stronger when being sad or happy)

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Paradoxical Existence like, being alive and undead at the same time, existing despite having your parent being killed in the past and thus having no origin, and so on?

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Sysop
Antoniofer said:
Paradoxical Existence like, being alive and undead at the same time, existing despite having your parent being killed in the past and thus having no origin, and so on?
I feel like in most case, its give Acausality Type 4

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Yeah, being acausal its paradoxical, although not necessary the other way around.

Antoniofer said:
Like, being simultaneously light and darkness, or existing as two beings that have one set of information

Crzer07

VS Battles
Content Moderator
People with time paradox immunity are paradoxes of the space time continuum, and there are other ones who ignores the laws of logic like Alis Color who's dead and alive at the same time, and reality warpers that can manipulate it altogether like The Doctor's TARDIS and Q Continuum.

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Organic Manipulation was made to cover stuff like food manipulation, not sure why it was made or when.

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Well, think of people that basically still exist despite their origen were destroyed, whatever a time paradox or their creator were decreated, people that are alive but at the same time dead (not an undead).

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Being undead but yet alive its generally a contradiction, and few times being alive and yet not having soul could be this too (although, it vary).

Mr._Bambu

Narcissistic Cannibal
VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
organic manip is just a subset of Life Manip and isn't needed like... at all.

Paradoxical Existence from your original description is literally just Acausality.

you folks don't get points for making more powers, only make what actually needs making.

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Eh, no, Organic Manipulation is the power to control organic matter, it was made to cover character that can manipulate ink, oil, food, sugar, and all these compounds (there weren't a previous power that covered that). You're confusing it with Biological Manipulation, and yet its still different than Life Manipulation.

Why is it needed though? Bio manip pretty much covers that, sure its a bit weirder/esoteric form of bio manip but its still a character manipulating organic compounds from what I can tell....

Mr. Bambu said:
organic manip is just a subset of Life Manip and isn't needed like... at all.

Paradoxical Existence from your original description is literally just Acausality.

you folks don't get points for making more powers, only make what actually needs making.
That's literally not Acausality tho. Those with acausality would just tend to have it.

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I beliwve that there were a category of it even before the page itself was created. But either way, the power is not covered by neither Life or Biological Manipulation, and its pretty common.

I dunno if this has already been discussed elsewhere but I feel there should be a construction/building power, a large amount of characters would have this, especially from games like Minecraft or even Fortnite, but it obviously wouldn't be exclusive to game characters as others like Emmet would also have it, it'd simply be the ability to build large structures in a short amount of time (or just in general).

Mr._Bambu

Narcissistic Cannibal
VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Fortification, maybe? I'm not adverse to it, it isn't exactly a supernatural power so much as the ability to create large structures in a short span of time. I agree the power does exist, whatever we call it. If it warrants an ability page, it at least isn't redundant.

Andytrenom

VS Battles
Sysop
Human Resources
I actually had intentions of creating a power like that, but never got around to it

The main thing to decide is what the requirements would be to have this power, because not fully supernatural abilities like these always run into the risk of being given to characters who really shouldn't have it

perhaps characters who are notably proficient such as the characters I mentioned above, like game charactes who's game revolves around building bases or characters like Emmet who are explicitly stated to be "master builders"

Is there a page for footholds, as in characters that have the ability to jump off air or invisible footholds in the air.

Andytrenom

VS Battles
Sysop
Human Resources
I also think the building power should cover people who modify pre-existing technology to an extreme degree

Jury Rigg from Ben 10 and Kat from Kid vs Kat are perfect examples of this

Maybe they didn't know about the Glyph Creation page, it's not really that common here tbh so a lot of people wouldn't know about it, I didn't until 5 minutes ago XD.

IR's only glyph creation for characters that actually create some sort of platform (if it's fancy it's glyph creation, if not it's platform creation but links to glyph creation). If it's stuff like kicking the air, it's only pseudo flight.

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I feel like Glyph Creation should called Platform Creation instead, as its current name suggest more association to runes/magic (as the same page suggest).