• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What changed to dimensionality rules?

sunshine

He/Him
I want to ask what happened that prevents characters now to gradually get their hax updated to 4D upon reaching 4D Attack Potency. I noticed that a lot of character's "powers and abilities" are no longer 4 Dimensional, and I thought due to having 4D Attack Potency all hax get updated aswell, at least, that's how it used to be, then I learned a new rule came from someone, and I just want to ask what rule that is, because I can't seem to find it anywhere about Dimensionality.

I apologize if I should've posted it somewhere else, but when I have a question I don't go around asking and searching stuff, I just post in threads whatever I have in mind.

I want to ask what happened that prevents characters now to gradually get their hax updated to 4D upon reaching 4D Attack Potency. I noticed that a lot of character's "powers and abilities" are no longer 4 Dimensional, and I thought due to having 4D Attack Potency all hax get updated aswell, at least, that's how it used to be, then I learned a new rule came from someone, and I just want to ask what rule that is, because I can't seem to find it anywhere about Dimensionality.
Correct me if what I'm about to say doesn't answer your question as I skimmed through what you said. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but having 4D attack potency would not suffice for 4D hax potency. Context matters in cases like these. Take Dragon Ball as an example, they follow this universal energy system concept where their Ki or in general context one's power scales to their physical attributes. The only physical attribute where Ki wouldn't scale linearly with is lifting strength since there's quite some contradictions in DBS. I think speed may have the same issue as lifting strength too.

Correct me if what I'm about to say doesn't answer your question as I skimmed through what you said. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but having 4D attack potency would not suffice for 4D hax potency. Context matters in cases like these. Take Dragon Ball as an example, they follow this universal energy system concept where their Ki or in general context one's power scales to their physical attributes. The only physical attribute where Ki wouldn't scale linearly with is lifting strength since there's quite some contradictions in DBS. I think speed may have the same issue as lifting strength too.
Yeah this only answers half of what I want but thanks anyways, what I'm really asking here is why specifically? What rules need to be met for a character to have 4D AP and 4D abilities aswell, why does it need to be separate and how can a Universal+ character stay with 4 Dimensional abilities/hax. I heard it's a rule here, because everywhere else, on Character Stats and Profiles wiki too, if a character's Attack Potency is a higher dimension, their abilities automatically get there since it's logical that the Potency of your attacks match your abilities of what you can do on a dimensional plane of existence. And what you can manipulate in it which applies on the dimension you're in aswell as below

Your hax needs to showcase feats of being able to affect 4D universal structures. All the same, your own physiology does not need to be 4D to wield either 4D punching power, 4D hax or a combination of both, or any other dimensionality to speak of.

Back