• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 4

I beliwve that there were a category of it even before the page itself was created. But either way, the power is not covered by neither Life or Biological Manipulation, and its pretty common.

I dunno if this has already been discussed elsewhere but I feel there should be a construction/building power, a large amount of characters would have this, especially from games like Minecraft or even Fortnite, but it obviously wouldn't be exclusive to game characters as others like Emmet would also have it, it'd simply be the ability to build large structures in a short amount of time (or just in general).

Fortification, maybe? I'm not adverse to it, it isn't exactly a supernatural power so much as the ability to create large structures in a short span of time. I agree the power does exist, whatever we call it. If it warrants an ability page, it at least isn't redundant.

I actually had intentions of creating a power like that, but never got around to it

The main thing to decide is what the requirements would be to have this power, because not fully supernatural abilities like these always run into the risk of being given to characters who really shouldn't have it

perhaps characters who are notably proficient such as the characters I mentioned above, like game charactes who's game revolves around building bases or characters like Emmet who are explicitly stated to be "master builders"

Is there a page for footholds, as in characters that have the ability to jump off air or invisible footholds in the air.

I also think the building power should cover people who modify pre-existing technology to an extreme degree

Jury Rigg from Ben 10 and Kat from Kid vs Kat are perfect examples of this

Maybe they didn't know about the Glyph Creation page, it's not really that common here tbh so a lot of people wouldn't know about it, I didn't until 5 minutes ago XD.

IR's only glyph creation for characters that actually create some sort of platform (if it's fancy it's glyph creation, if not it's platform creation but links to glyph creation). If it's stuff like kicking the air, it's only pseudo flight.

I feel like Glyph Creation should called Platform Creation instead, as its current name suggest more association to runes/magic (as the same page suggest).

Yeah, jumping off air like Mario's double jump. I guess it would be pseudo flight or even better if the character can continue jumping or even stack multiple jumps into a single one.

Power Manipulation.
Summary: The power to manipulate powers.

Meaning - The user can create, manipulate, remove, change, etc, the supernatural energies/properties in all beings that give them their powers, including themselves, thus allowing every variation of powers and manipulative abilities.

Limitations -
Universal Irreversibility, Omnilock, Probability Manipulation have slight resistance. Users of Power Anchoring cannot have their powers manipulated. May be unable to create powers, being limited to manipulating only already existing ones. May be limited to a certain nature of the abilities (DNA, Magic, etc).

AConfusedPerson said:
Power Manipulation.
Summary: The power to manipulate powers.

Meaning - The user can create, manipulate, remove, change, etc, the supernatural energies/properties in all beings that give them their powers, including themselves, thus allowing every variation of powers and manipulative abilities.

Limitations -
Universal Irreversibility, Omnilock, Probability Manipulation have slight resistance. Users of Power Anchoring cannot have their powers manipulated. May be unable to create powers, being limited to manipulating only already existing ones. May be limited to a certain nature of the abilities (DNA, Magic, etc).
Also, please don't just copy pages from the superpower wiki

The God Of Procrastination said:
Power Modification only changes the function of powers. Power Manipulation lets you change them, give them, remove them, copy them, and anything more esoteric like fusing them.
I only mentioned it making power bestowal redudant due to this :p

AConfusedPerson said:
Well, it makes anything redudant when you have the meta version. The only limit is their imagination.
This is a no limits fallacy. We don't have powers like that here.

That was a statement that had a limit, read. Plus, I exaggerated it. They give themselves Logic/Data Manipulation, Meta-reality warping and then they have pretty much no virtual limitations. Something like Superman (Original/OP).

AConfusedPerson said:
That was a statement that had a limit, read. Plus, I exaggerated it. They give themselves Logic/Data Manipulation, Meta-reality warping and then they have pretty much no virtual limitations. Something like Superman (Original/OP).
I don't think you really understand how things work here. A power doesn't suddenly have infinite potency in any case without extreme amounts of evidence, especially generic power pages that are not verse specific.

We can only rate a character based on what they've shown, and assume that's their cap. For instance, Saitama's best feat is stopping Boros' surface busting attack, and although he is likely far more powerful, that's where we assume his limit to be.

You mean Saitama's moon jump? That's about 8x lower than Boros' CSRC, which is backed up by a guidebook to be able to wipe the surface of a planet.

Back