• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 4

It was originally suggested for me, Immunity/Invulnerability Bypassing/Breaker.

What about having the ability to understand another World's Language

There's a lot of Isekais with this type of Ability given to them whenever they get Isekaid

Shouldnt we add Power Manipulation to the wikia? When I say "Power Manipulation" I mean the ability to overide and take control of someone else's powers for your own purposes. I am very certain that this has been done enough in fiction to make it an actual power here.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Shouldnt we add Power Manipulation to the wikia? When I say "Power Manipulation" I mean the ability to overide and take control of someone else's powers for your own purposes. I am very certain that this has been done enough in fiction to make it an actual power here.
like making the enemy's time stop heal and let you walk around while the enemy gets frozen or redirecting the attack while giving it new effects?

Yeah, rarely there is food that isn't (or doesn't possesses) organic matter, unless it can control salt or similar (but in that case it would be Earth Manipulation [salt]).

Is there to be no discussion on the proposed powers/abilities, such as Antoniofer's draft of Demonic Force Manipulation?

Its pretty specific to be a power, if any, we got a power that allows one to control objects.

System manipulation seems like a really interesting power. At least from a narrative perspective.

Mm, I was expecting more elaboration than that (an one example at least). But going with the typical idea of "system", I guess you mean something like "manipulate the relationship and interaction between principles, ideas, laws and elementals that constitude a whole", that could vary between Biological Manipulation to Conceptual Manipulation, something that is pretty broad.

Mmm, broader powers are more acceptable than specific ones in general, but then we got powers that are the mix of other ones; I'm not the last word tho, other ones can say what they think, but I believe that not just system can cover several things, but also few characters have it (at least I do not remember any).

I imagine a imaginative writer could make that very interesting as an ability.

I myself when writing took "adding anything to anything" to its extremes, having the character add space between them and people, or add "death" to a person.

That do not really sounds system related, at much it would be Causality Manipulation.

I guess Object Manipulation may warrant its page.

Conventional evolution its covered by Biological Manipulation, unless its refer to a more esoteric/unconventional evolution.

Hmm, what if it's evolution of an ability? Biological manipulation doesn't fit there.

Also what Procell does is evolve inorganic objects so doesn't really fit there either.

Procell's evolution can fit under time manipulation since his ability advances objects to their future forms, idk about Arifureta though, they can evolve objects, people and abilities.

So, something like turning a carbine into a rifle, or turn Fire/Ice Manipulation into Thermal Manipulation?

The adding anything to anything isn't system manipulation, I was giving an anecdote about my writing of a character having an ability and extending it to its logical extremes.

@Antioniofer In regards to who Procell or Arifureta characters?

For Procell off the top of my head only remember him being able to advance things to their future forms, he used it on a MOAB, making it far more powerful.

In regards to Arifureta, Evolution Magic allows the user to basically make themselves more powerful, it's explained as like changing a persons stats from level 1 to level 2.

In addition it strengthens their abilities and basically evolves all the other 6 abilities such as time manipulation, soul manipulation, gravity manipulation etc to create concept manipulation.

Later on it is explained that the version of the abilities the characters use is limited so really Evolution Magic is a limited form of Information Manipulation, still think listing whatever Evolution counts as an ability would be nice though.

Back