• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread Infinite

It'd be that, yeah, but it was denied by the staff out of just falling within Statistics Amp/Reduction out of being an inherent attribute as said before (as much we don't have AP Manipulation, for example), so the same argument could also be done for powers directly related to intelligence.

Anyways, there isn't much else right now.

I mean, if it is direct influence/manipulation of stamina, I don't see the issue again.

Staff consensus on the reasons I've given, regardless, I'm not particularly pushing for a change anyways as I'm sure it'd be denied out of being too much work for little gain.

Preparation allows people to make use of abilities or equipment they wouldn't have had without it, that could potentially complete alter their character.

While improvising is something that someone always has.
Every character has the ability to have Preparation, like Improvisation. Say for example. Jeff Winger fights someone like say, a Cassowary. From a base stats level, Jeff loses, but if the OP wants to give Jeff like 3 hours of prep, Jeff will win by running the cassowary over with his car. Would that give Jeff the ability of Preparation? Not necessarily, since he doesn't really use Preparation all too much in his show or use it more than any other person would (A little bit of a bad example since I made the Jeff Winger article, but you get the point).

I feel like Improvisation would fit the same purposes as Preparation does on this wiki, characters who have this skill that's shared by anyone with an intelligence above below average at an incredibly well level, better than most would. Maybe an example of being super skilled at this would the Improvisation user even being able to be skilled at improvising in unfamiliar situations that they haven't ever even had something similar of which before in their series.

I'd argue that this wouldn't be replaceable with Genius Intelligence either, just more like Gifted, since Improvisation has to do more with creativity (with combat experience of course; everything needs at least a little intelligence).

Improvisation is just intellect/skill, while preparation is ones ability to use their intellect/skill to achieve things they wouldn't be capable of in a sudden and random encounter.

What about a page for Warding? Basically, just any instance of preventing someone or a specific group of people from entering a location or interacting with something, at least in the cases where it isn't shown to be mindhax/law hax/something else. I noticed a few examples of this while doing 2hu research, I wonder if it'd be common enough for an actual page.

What about a page for Warding? Basically, just any instance of preventing someone or a specific group of people from entering a location or interacting with something, at least in the cases where it isn't shown to be mindhax/law hax/something else. I noticed a few examples of this while doing 2hu research, I wonder if it'd be common enough for an actual page.
I treat that as Sealing

Yeah but I still think it's kinda similar in that you're preventing the passage of something through supernatural means. Etymologically it fits the word too.

I'm more for expanding sealing page as the warding fields sometimes also seals specific abilities from being used to rather than warding off. And many other application

Pulling (the best name i could think of)

This ability is for characters who are able to pull things towards them, at times not being relied on with telekinesis.

Some ways this could be done are:

Hookshots or other traditional weapons as shown by Roadhog (Overwatch) and Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
Magic as shown by Gene (Brawl Stars)
Tractor Beams as shown by several starships from Star Trek
Application of telekinesis in general, or by weak telekinesis like Inko Midoriya's Quirk (My Hero Academia, and in her case, it would be Limited Pulling since she seems to only be able to pull small objects, and needs to pull them multiple times to have them reach her)

Also, we don't have a power for tractor beams other than for Energy Projection which doesn't elaborate on the actual capabilities of them, and they're one of the staple science fiction abilities like Forcefield Creation. Might as well include similar abilities that have a similar function (like Roadhog or Scorpion as mentioned).

Blog: Here

Last edited:
This is a very basic example page for an ability I think the wiki is lacking - Superhuman Precision.

As it is, this ability is currently covered by several things in conjunction - Enhanced Senses, Martial Arts, and Weapon Mastery, even though it's really it's own thing, a specific ability that should be noted separately; after all, it has its own specific applications and implications. I know there are a lot of examples, but I can't think of many that are well-known enough to serve as good ones.

As for the disclaimer of something that doesn't qualify, here's an example; Raiden is able to affect molecular bonds with his sword strikes, but that's a property of the sword, not a consequence of his own skill and precision. This doesn't mean he isn't a potential contender, but you'd have to make a different argument to get him listed.

Wouldn’t call these exactly popular characters, but Flechette and March have pretty perfect examples of this power. I, for one, welcome this new power, although I think emphasizing superhuman aiming would also be a common qualifier in the page description would be good.

Worm's well-known enough in versus debating spaces.

I went and emphasized the aim qualifier, and also added those two examples, as well as Vash.

Also Bullseye.

Last edited:
I like this, feels like a much better version of the marksmanship page proposed not too long ago. Would something like this qualify? Being able to replicate a dice roll by perfectly copying the previous roll's force, angle, speed, timing, etc.

The issue is also relative distance and size, I think it'd feel weird to claim that Barry Bee from Bee Movie qualifies just because he can "accurately" interact with things the size of centimeters when he's about the same size.

I like this, feels like a much better version of the marksmanship page proposed not too long ago.
Could you clarify on what's a lot better in this version, since both seems to be aiming for the same thing or is there some difference I missed.

If people are fine with it can I make the page
Looks good and is also quite a common ability in fiction, that should preferably be indexed.

But, I would at the very least suggest you to consult with the Marksmanship page supporters, as both the proposals are very similar.

This page is a lot more expansive than the Marksmanship page, as it also covers melee applications of the same ability; they're not so distinct as to be divided.

Does anyone actually clear these things or is it just arbitrarily up to whoever wrote the page to go and make it at whatever point

This is a very basic example page for an ability I think the wiki is lacking - Superhuman Precision.

As it is, this ability is currently covered by several things in conjunction - Enhanced Senses, Martial Arts, and Weapon Mastery, even though it's really it's own thing, a specific ability that should be noted separately; after all, it has its own specific applications and implications. I know there are a lot of examples, but I can't think of many that are well-known enough to serve as good ones.

As for the disclaimer of something that doesn't qualify, here's an example; Raiden is able to affect molecular bonds with his sword strikes, but that's a property of the sword, not a consequence of his own skill and precision. This doesn't mean he isn't a potential contender, but you'd have to make a different argument to get him listed.
would V1 from Ultrakill count for Superhuman Precision? He's capable in canon of throwing multiple coins into the air and using either his revolver or railgun to aim precisely enough that it ricochets off of all of the coins and hits a nearby enemy dead on in the head.

would V1 from Ultrakill count for Superhuman Precision? He's capable in canon of throwing multiple coins into the air and using either his revolver or railgun to aim precisely enough that it ricochets off of all of the coins and hits a nearby enemy dead on in the head.
Seems like a pretty obvious user of the ability to me.

Superhuman Precision is likely to be a very common ability of those more skilled users of weaponry and martial artists.

What about the ability to cast random spells, techniques, powers, or effects like Metronome in Pokemon or Hocus Pocus in Dragon Quest?

Weakness: It can be beneficial or harmful to the user.
Uh what? Casting random spells is magic. Effects are status effect Inducement.

There is a category for rune users but no page for the power. No page for seals too. Both being word/text powers. Is it fine to assume it is a subset of text manipulation?

There is a category for rune users but no page for the power. No page for seals too. Both being word/text powers. Is it fine to assume it is a subset of text manipulation?
It is technically yes since it is a type of text manipulation, but usually it is just index magic since rune tends to be based on magic.

Back