• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread Infinite

I believe it would be a nice addition to the wiki. Good luck to anyone who hopes to help with it, I'm not sure how exactly to word P&A pages.

Have we ever considered a page for characters who can pick locks and carry the necessary equipment for it at all times?

Alright people, what do you think about the power of abnormal weight?
Basically it either applies to creatures that are abnormally heavy or light for their size

So someone like Kirby wouldn’t count while Onix (If you use Pokédex weight) would

Well, a power requires giving some inherent attributes to be worth having around.
Being heavy "abnormally" isn't really one, especially as it's not technically a superhuman attribute necessarily to begin with, I'd support more having a section in pages to list the weight of a character.

Being really heavy is a relevant thing for fights though, especially against people who actually use Lifting Strength
Plus we can't really do a change for the standard page format like that, due to both requiring too much editing and the fact a lot of fiction doesn't give weight for characters

I just list being superhumanly light/heavy as SPC

It does have uses though, you can use it to float or glide on air currents for example

So... every time there is a change of bodies in a series, this wiki qualifies it as possession, or soul manipulation (there is also a technological variant), I think that is very... inaccurate.
so i think we should make a page for Body Swap (although it is a bit niche name)
Here's an attempt I made a while back, but I really don't have time to finish it

Last edited:
Super Jumping could have a page. It’s a mobility advantage that all of fiction doesn’t grant equally along with their AP, Speed or Lifting Strength advantages.

There is also skill involved to preform Super Jumps successfully without landing and crashing unintended into just about anything, like through a window.

Super Jumping could have a page. It’s a mobility advantage that all of fiction doesn’t grant equally along with their AP, Speed or Lifting Strength advantages.

There is also skill involved to preform Super Jumps successfully without landing and crashing unintended into just about anything, like through a window.
I thought super jumping is under Psudeo-flight with jumping

I've asked members of the wiki several times and I never get a definite answer. Where does "Essence Manipulation" fall under?

Some people say Concept hax, some say Info type 2, some say something else.

So uhh.... I'm asking what the official concensus on essence manipulation is?

Someone made a sandbox and maybe we could add it to the wiki if it doesn't fit any p&a

Anyway. How do I index a character who can shift their own existence.

I was thinking to work on something like Existence Manipulation. Where they can choose to appear as an abstract, Nonexistent being, spirit, etc.

And they can phase in and out of the states, becoming undetectable and uninteractable in them
This is dimensional manipulation

I've asked members of the wiki several times and I never get a definite answer. Where does "Essence Manipulation" fall under?

Some people say Concept hax, some say Info type 2, some say something else.

So uhh.... I'm asking what the official concensus on essence manipulation is?

Someone made a sandbox and maybe we could add it to the wiki if it doesn't fit any p&a
Essence manipulation without any context is conceptual manipulation. But it is dependent on the context and could refer to information manipulation type 2.

So... every time there is a change of bodies in a series, this wiki qualifies it as possession, or soul manipulation (there is also a technological variant), I think that is very... inaccurate.
so i think we should make a page for Body Swap (although it is a bit niche name)
Here's an attempt I made a while back, but I really don't have time to finish it
I've found several characters that would be affected by this, so I'm asking again.
written separately below the page

I think there should be an Improvisation ability, the opposite of Preparation, Improvisation would be the ability to be able to improvise incredibly well in difficult, quick, or frantic situations in general. Good users of this would be several street brawler-character archetypes, or characters like Rick Sanchez, who have been shown to constantly have good ideas in bad situations, most notably shown in the first 1 or 2 seasons of the show.

Also maybe a Multiple Jumps power too since it's incredibly common, and Acrobatics is not a good enough descriptor of the ability due to Acrobatics being more grounded in reality

I think there should be an Improvisation ability, the opposite of Preparation, Improvisation would be the ability to be able to improvise incredibly well in difficult, quick, or frantic situations in general. Good users of this would be several street brawler-character archetypes, or characters like Rick Sanchez, who have been shown to constantly have good ideas in bad situations, most notably shown in the first 1 or 2 seasons of the show.

Also maybe a Multiple Jumps power too since it's incredibly common, and Acrobatics is not a good enough descriptor of the ability due to Acrobatics being more grounded in reality
Improvisation is contained in Genius Intelligence or just general "skill."

Multiple Jumps is either acrobatics or limited flight.

TBH Genius Intelligence as a power is redundant, it's on the level of Superhuman Physical Characteristics of just being more of expanded site policy than a proper thing to note that isn't already explained in other parts of the profile, but it's too late to do that kind of changes on them.

Couldn't you argue that could just be the same for like, Preparation, which we have
I guess you could but there's a big difference in the application between preparation and improvising.

Preparation allows people to make use of abilities or equipment they wouldn't have had without it, that could potentially complete alter their character.

While improvising is something that someone always has.

TBH Genius Intelligence as a power is redundant, it's on the level of Superhuman Physical Characteristics of just being more of expanded site policy than a proper thing to note that isn't already explained in other parts of the profile, but it's too late to do that kind of changes on them.
You can get Genius Intelligence/omniscience through a power

What? I can use the same argument and give every character statistics amp because the power's potency.

Hence why I emphatized on that being an inherent attribute (having a intelligence rating) of a character, as much Stamina Manipulation was denied becoming a power page even.

I don't know what is stamina manipulation, but if it is to manipulate someone's stamina and make him tiring, then I don't see any issues.

What is the current argument right now?

Back