• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread Infinite

Why create another thread? Afaik, the last one weren't past bump limit (do we have bump limit in the new forum?).

Either way, "High Pain Tolerance" is already covered by the Stamina section I believe, and Enhanced Willpower is generally translated by that same section and/or some degree of mental/empathic resistance.

I mean we have Willpower Manipulation, Extreme Willpower seems like it could be part of that in a way.
I'm also gonna bring up Burrowing here, while I brought it up in the last thread, it could be missed by any newcomers... So, umm, Burrowing should be a power...

I got a new idea too:
- Robotic Physiology/Built-in Weaponry: Not to be confused with Cyborgization, this power focusses on characters that are fully robotic, this ability can have dozens of uses such as Body Control, Inorganic Physiology, and more. One notable common usage of this power is to have built in weapons on ones body, such as guns, blades, or other. Users of this ability can have multiple other techological powers built into themselves.

We do not create physiologies, beyond of these few blogs refering to verse exclusive species.

Huh. What if it were only the Built-in Weaponry part? I've seen a huge number of characters who have some kind of weapons replacing limbs or whatnot which aren't addressed on their profiles.

Ins't that just Inorganic Physiology but with arsenal? (Now I see that, we do have a physiology page, although personally I consider IP to be kind of unnecessary).

Cyborgization should likely be edited to include something along these lines. As I do agree it could be covered in there.

I believe we should have a page for extremely strong willpower and high pain tolerance. Maybe something along the lines of "Extreme Willpower".
I'm literally making a topic for that after asking in the all purpose request thread, that's really a coincidence

Strong willpower isn't exactly a powers, then again, Social Influencing exists, so I guess it could get a pass on paper anyways, the problem is the criteria for it.

A lot of powers rely on willpower. When a Power has a weakness for Willpower, people will commonly bring up Willpower feats. For example, a recent tournament had a matchup between Ranga (light novel) and Scizor, and while Scizor normally couldn’t do squat due to Fearhax, his Willpower was proven to be higher than those affected by said Fearhax, which notably only affected average Humans and had a weakness for Willpower.

Willpower is not stamina. In the same way endurance isn't stamina. Endurance is the willingness to go on, while stamina is the amount of energy a body can exert before giving in to exhaustion.

Willpower manipulation is the ability to manipulate wills, but extreme willpower would be an innate ability unique only to the user.

An example of the distinction would be how empathic manipulation and rage power are not the same thing, despite both being about manipulating emotions.

Yeah, I refered to the Stamina section not stamina per so, should have clear that (cuz w'all known Stamina write bith stamina and endurance feats despite its name).

Kind of neutral, but if someone create an Enhanced Willpower (although, measuring willpower on someone could be kind of arbitrary) page then I could suggest deleting the Willpower Manipulation as its already covered by Empatjhc Manipulation.

TBH it will be arbitrary as it's not something that can be measured in the same way on each case, let alone on each series, sort of why there's no formal Stamina ratings out of it being too variable to properly measure beyond the concept.

If you ask me that sort of details should just be covered in the Intelligence section.

First, I support burrowing (or as you want to call it) being a thing.

Second, in the previous thread I proposed this subpower of Preparation and Bobsican said that it might be better to integrate it in the Preparation page, instead of being its own power, and I'm fine with it.
What do you think?

Third, I have another idea regarding those characters who are usually followed by helpers, supporters, minions and else, to the point that they are part of the characters' idea.
Currently we list them as standard equipment or we don't make bug distinctions the profile (or maybe it's specified inside brackets in various sections), and my idea was to give a name and a page to this thing.
It's different from both outside help and my previous proposal because those secondary characters are always or most of the time alongside the main character but aren't independent enough (In terms of personality or not) to have their own page or being conceptualized without the main character.
Some examples would be those characters who bring monsters, slaves, animals, minions, pets or even friends etc... always with them, as outsiders on their own, contained in their body or objetcs, shaped or morphed as tools and weapons or anything else.
In short, a pseudo living equipment or everlasting companion, I don't know if I explained it well enough.

Last edited:
I'll be making a blog for Burrowing/whatever it'll be called soon to show it off a bit.

That seems like it could be added to Preparation, as before a battle it would be fair to assume something along those lines.

Not sure if I get it. But you're talking like a Pokemon sorta thing right? But moreso that the equipment in question isn't a fully independent species of it's own?

Also:
Anyone who has followed these threads since before the forum will potentially remember Construction. Well I've brought back the discussion about it in this thread, any input would be greatly appreciated, as last time the discussion died down due to lack of attention. I don't want that to happen again.

It would be like Pokemon, yes, but other examples might be the Links with the fairies and other companions, characters that are in symbiosis between each other, characters affected by a parasite, giant characters with living beings on them or any sort of character that always brings an underling with them, there are dozens of examples possible.
The relationship between them can also be equal.
We have profiles that are basically two characters in one, like the Digimon and DigiDestinet, Banjo&Kazooie, they are always together and depend on each other.
It would be also a way to integrate characters that have different pages but are in fact couples, like Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter etc..., they have different profiles but are basically couples or tag-teams.
Other examples are characters from fighting games that have a companion as part of their fighting style, which usually is a servant, a friend or else that helps them for combat or other purposes.

So like Venom? I guess a power such as Symbiosis could be interesting, but I'm not sure it's really necessary, the characters act as one anyway and are commonly reliant on one another.

As for the characters who are Duos, such as Timon and Pumba or the Team Rocket Trio, I'm against them being on the same profile to start with, they're completely separate characters so should have completely separate profiles.

It can have multiple applications without being too much specific towards a relationship or another, since they can be explained under an "applications" section, just like we do with versatile powers like absorption.
Couples can still be split in multiple profiles, but this ability would have the purpose to note that they are always or often together, on a level that goes beyond being simple friends or part of a team, they are tied for life.
I can also think of Jojo characters with their stands, Olimar with his Pikmins, people with living weapons, integrated AI, game characters that have helpers in their moveset etc...

That's just Summoning
Now if you want to edit the standard format for character profiles to set some basic precedent on where to list the potentially summoned stuff, that's another story.

It's not summoning because the characters are already together and always are.
A summoned being appears in some way when called by the summoner, it's not already with it.

Characters who typically always function as a Team (such as Ice Climbers or Civilizations) are already considered in the basic Profile Rules. In fact, several characters, especially Pokémon Trainers or characters with similar things, will have the Characters they bring with them listed in their Standard Equipment, meaning a ‘Symbiosis’ Power is somewhat unnecessary.
I will note however that James, Jessie and Meowth all have separate profiles, and that Team Rocket Trio doesn’t seem to adhere to said profiles iirc. It could probably be put up for deletion due to it.

James and Jessie don't have their own profiles from what I can see. Timon and Pumbaa are the same case. I'll bring it up in the deletion request thread.

Lol I just searched for all of them and they aren't there. Except Meowth but that's a profile for any Meowth, not the Team Rocket one. I've brought it up in the request thread anyway.

I know about the equipment thing, I even addressed it in my post , but I think that it should be something on its own, since they aren't really equipment.
Symbiosis wouldn't be the name, because that's only one of the possible applications.
And sometimes minions and pets aren't worthy of their own page, because are lesser characters, mobs, fodders etc...
Sometimes it turns into animal manipulation or else, if the character brings animals, bugs or other creatures with it.
This thing I'm proposing would cover teams, symbiosis, master and underling, pets, couples etc..
And they have to be consinstently shown to be always or often together, without being summoned or created.

That needs to be set as a proper potential thing to use on a profile page, so staff input is needed.

Back