• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNDERTALE/DELTARUNE [shiny new] DISCUSSION THEAD

Kris moves their entire body, really fast.

We can get lifting strength for jumps, Kris can generate several tons of force with their legs.
I guess I'll take your word for it but I don't think Toby had that in mind at all
They pushed their weight like it was made of feathers, making it accelerate to insane speeds instantly
That's it

9-C comes from the KE of their entire body which must've been generated from their own push
Don't you think that's just a result of the animation and art style rather than an intended implication?

Also I'm pretty sure average humans can generate 9-C levels of energy just by jumping

I guess I'll take your word for it but I don't think Toby had that in mind at all
I wouldn't be sure what Toby has in mind at all.

After all, Kris can nonchalantly throw the SOUL hard enough to violently move the red wagon with the bird cage.

After all, Kris can nonchalantly throw the SOUL hard enough to violently move the red wagon with the bird cage.
That's more a suggestion of the weight of the soul than anything else, I could do that if I had a rock too

I also think the assumption that the entire castle was rumbling when the text makes it clear it's just the very tiny battlefield should also be considered
The entire roof should be considered part of the battlefield, not only King carries Kris far outside the box in the middle, the Darkners also come over to take King out of the battle.

A battlefield is just the place where a battle is or was fought.

Yeah fair

Though if in a future chapter Kris or Susie fail to lift or move a fridge or something then I guess we should consider the feat an outlier

That's more a suggestion of the weight of the soul than anything else, I could do that if I had a rock too
I doubt, a real life wagon and bird cage could reach 20 pounds in weight, and you couldn't definitely move it that quick (also, that red wagon and bird cage are way too big compared to Kris, once again a quirk of being a pixelated game).

Also, souls shouldn't even have a weight.

Last edited:
I mean Deltarune SOULs are a mystery

Also, something that confuses me is that during Susie vs Lancer you can control the SOUL to dodge attacks (and Susie gets damaged if you don't) even though Kris isn't present

The entire roof should be considered part of the battlefield, not only King carries Kris far outside the box in the middle, the Darkners also come over to take King out of the battle.
Sure, it's still not 0.47 Tons though
Darkners heard it, they never felt anything
Either heard it from someone or heard the rumbling
A battlefield is just the place where a battle is or was fought.
They fought on the roof which is what I'm trying to say

Why is it Magnitude 3? A rumble is just the sound
It's said that people on top of buildings can feel Magnitude 2 Earthquakes as well
so why are we using 3?
Use 2
I doubt, a real life wagon and bird cage could reach 20 pounds in weight, and you couldn't definitely move it that quick (also, that red wagon and bird cage are way too big compared to Kris, once again a quirk of being a pixelated game).

Also, souls shouldn't even have a weight
Only the cage moved violently, the wagon just shifted to the side slightly, I can definitely replicate that lol

Who's to say souls can't have weight? They're clearly being treated as physical here, interacting with the world and whatnot

considering that deltarune's light world has the same mechanics as undertale's world, and Undyne can still bench cars, I'd imagine that it's possible for light world kris and especially susie to be a bit superhuman.

Why is it Magnitude 3? A rumble is just the sound
Rumble is just the sound the ground makes when its shaking.

Also, it says it needs Magnitude 3 for several people to feel it, and report it.

I also believe this is the mid-end used for this kind of shake that can be felt.
Only the cage moved violently, the wagon just shifted to the side slightly, I can definitely replicate that lol
Haha, no, no you can't.

Start running.

Last edited:
Nowhere does it say anything is feeling anything; and people on top of buildings, like the castle, can feel Magnitude 2
"III Intensity: Felt by several; vibration like passing truck."

It both supports being felt and making the ground rumble.
"This tiny toy wagon weighs 157kg", yeah no
"Tiny" the wagon is nearly as big as Frisk, and my measurements never lie.

Also, even if it weighed only 25 kilograms, it would be still a Street level feat, you can't move it, let alone by throwing it something, accept defeat.

"III Intensity: Felt by several; vibration like passing truck."

It both supports being felt and making the ground rumble.
Being felt
Being felt
Felt by whooooooooo
"II Intensity: felt only by few people at rest, especially on upper floor of buildings"
This is far more appropriate
"Tiny" the wagon is nearly as big as Frisk, and my measurements never lie.

Also, even if it weighed only 25 kilograms, it would be still a Street level feat, you can't move it, accept defeat.
A plastic wage as big as 8yo is not 175kg, you did something wrong there buckoooooooooo
I won't be defeated

Being felt
Being felt
Felt by whooooooooo
By the narrator and whoever is on the battlefield.
"II Intensity: felt only by few people at rest, especially on upper floor of buildings" This is far more appropriate
This would only be correct if it didn't make the ground rumble, that adds up more than just being felt on the roof.

Still, I will ask other calc group members just to be sure.
A plastic wage as big as 8yo is not 175kg, you did something wrong there buckoooooooooo
I'm telling you, even my lowest estimates put the red wagon at ~50 kilograms.

The walls of the wagon are just that thick.

Last edited:
By the narrator and whoever is on the battlefield.
You can't prove the latter, and the former is just
WHAAAAAAAAT
do you mean

The Reliable Narrator didn't feel anything,
it just pointed out what was happening,
as
you know
that's what it does.

This should be discarded entirely​
This would only be correct if it didn't make the ground rumble, that adds up more than just being felt on the roof.

Still, I will ask other calc group members just to be sure.
"Ground rumble", bro that's the floor
The stone floor of the roof is rumbling
Also what
do you mean
AGAIN
the fact the floor is rumbling has nothing to do with Intensity III
Any rumble sounds is not = truck vibrations​
I'm telling you, even my lowest estimates put the red wagon at ~50 kilograms.

The walls of the wagon are just that thick.
Use a real toy wagon of the same size, please

A real toy wagon is 38.1cm in diameter and weights 0.84kg

(136.85/38.1)^3*0.84 = 39 kilograms.

Sight what is the need to write like this, it's annoying.

Anyways, one calc group member say Magnitude 2 is enough, another one says 3 could work.

The only thing that doesn't change is how much I hate you.
Use a real toy wagon of the same size, please
Pointless, they might not even have the same dimensions.
A real toy wagon is 38.1cm in diameter and weights 0.84kg
(136.85/38.1)^3*0.84 = 39 kilograms.
Not that much different than my lowest estimates, still Street level only for the red wagon alone.

Sight what is the need to write like this, it's annoying.

Anyways, one calc group member say Magnitude 2 is enough, another one says 3 could work.

The only thing that doesn't change is how much I hate you.
Cope.

But I'm not joking anymore, you actually need tangible evidence that anyone even felt that earthquake.
Rumbling is just the sound, anyone can hear it.​
Pointless, they might not even have the same dimensions.

Not that much different than my lowest estimates, still Street level only for the red wagon alone.
It's still a better approximation, it compensates for the art style being THICK.

Also we're debating about a worthless feat or am I tripping? I can double check these measurements, but I usually trust you

It wasn't even me who suggested using the earthquake feat, so I'll delete it when I apply the next revision.

Saves me a headache.
Also we're debating about a worthless feat or am I tripping?
Yes.

ok so lets think about something
both deltarune secret bosses have been underground
going by the way the light and dark world interact with objects and locations, Jevil's room is in the basement, obviously meaning that the light world equivalent would be buried under the room. he buried the light
and of course spamton NEO dwells within the basement, which is underground as well. In fact, that would also explain the roots there (roots are underground)
so following this trend....idk. Do with it what you will.

ok so lets think about something
both deltarune secret bosses have been underground
going by the way the light and dark world interact with objects and locations, Jevil's room is in the basement, obviously meaning that the light world equivalent would be buried under the room. he buried the light
and of course spamton NEO dwells within the basement, which is underground as well. In fact, that would also explain the roots there (roots are underground)
so following this trend....idk. Do with it what you will.
Well there's the ominous shed thing on the bottom of the map in the overworld as everyone has gone crazy about that is implied to probably have some connection to Gaster, though I think it's a huge stretch to say we'll meet him in it or anything along those lines, as it's too obvious and generic. But I think you're onto something.

So I was suddenly beginning to think of something: since the combined effort of the recruited darkners of the Cyber World were able to form the Thrash Machine mecha which was able to fight GIGA Queen, do you think we could potentially scale them to GIGA Queen’s power divided by the amount of recruits since each of them used their power to create the mecha?

As evidence they were using their own power to power the mecha, there are these statements:
  • My strongest JPEGs!
  • My energy!

So I was suddenly beginning to think of something: since the combined effort of the recruited darkners of the Cyber World were able to form the Thrash Machine mecha which was able to fight GIGA Queen, do you think we could potentially scale them to GIGA Queen’s power divided by the amount of recruits since each of them used their power to create the mecha?

As evidence they were using their own power to power the mecha, there are these statements:
  • My strongest JPEGs!
  • My energy!
I think it could work, especially when we know how much power each recruit is contributing to the machine.

I made a calculation for the power of each recruit.

• My strongest JPEGs!
  • My energy!
Huh...
"My energy!" comes from Plugboy who is, well, an electrical outlet. So it makes sense that it would say that. Doesn't mean that everyone else is actually contributing their energy in the same way, and in a way that would downscale them from the Trash Mecha. Berdly contributes his statue too in there for example.

I'm pretty neutral about it.

Back