• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Big Black Dragons Fight (Alduin vs Acnologia)

^How is that fair game? Also it says "Alduin's immortality is restricted" not type 9 or 4 so it means both.

I asked for both so...

Also, now that i look at it, it's not even relevant as he doesn't have any regen to back it up. I actually thought his type 4 is connected to his low-godly regen.

I personally see Dragon Slaying magic in FT as being like a "Super-effective" move in Pokemon when used against a dragon. I don't think we've seen an answer for what makes Alduin abstract either unless I missed it.

Alduin: 5 (SITHISIT, Knight, Gargoyle, Hellbeast, Theglassman)

Acnologia: 0

Inconclusive: 0

It's not the same as even town lvl people are able to causally hurt city lvl dragons thx to DS. Or Erza cutting an at least island lvl dragon even thou she is baseline high 7-A.

It's a legit advantage and Acno ripping his soul will weaken him a lot so I vote for Acno.

One does not simply "rip out" a dragon's soul. especially Alduin's. If the Last DB could not take his soul and DB is SPECIFICALLY, VERY, VERY SPECIFICALLY, designed to absorb a dragon's soul. Acnologia who has no experience with fighting a dragon like Alduin, who is an abstract, will not be doing that any time soon.

Dragon souls do not just exist in the body, they exist on a more spiritual level, and dragon souls are immortal anyways

@Galaxian Alduin is the abstract embodiment of Time, and the Apocalypse. Even when denying his role as the WE he still is Time and the Apocalypse, however he cannot use the abilities that being those concepts gives him as when he is at full power and doing his role.

but ant wont accept my revisions :(

despite 5 books saying he is abstract + backing up from Fa-Nuit-Hen.

Well then, looks like Abstract existence is out of the question but soul Manipulation is helpless.

Guess Alduin still takes it.

oh yes he is. He's the abstract embodiment of time and the Apocalypse.

its the entire reason he doesnt die permanently when you "kill" him. if you kill him permanently, firstly, something very bad happens to the timeline without his cycling of it apparently, as well as a shard of time has been destroyed which would most likely disrupt and change the way everything within Mundus operates if one shard of Time was erased.

this is all just baseless theories though.

(like i said, ant wont accept my revisions)

I'm just going to point out that nothing states Alduin DOESN'T have Soul Tear. Although he never used it against DragonBorn possibly because most players would get pissed at the insane damage it'd cause. Just a note.

It could be easily theorized Alduin has all shouts. But that would make him ludicrously powerful, and such a massive challenge.

However it is not proved

Blanked said:
Acnologia can't fly because? He literally came down from the sky when he meet up Erza and Wendy and don't even try to tell me he was in his dragon form cause it's impossible not to notice a freakin Dragon.

Dint notice the edit.
Err....That was his High 6C version.

So apparently, Acno CAN'T fly in his 6C version?

Apparently Alduin doesn't have the abstractism either so it should be closer. Vote update as well

Alduin: 5 (SITHISIT, Knight, Gargoyle, Hellbeast, Theglassman)

Acnologia: 1 (Blanked)

Inconclusive: 0

Alduin due to ap dura advantage (though the dura advantage would be negated by DS magic); immunity/resistance to Acno's soul manip (which is rubbish anyway since the victim can keep fighting); and Acno's magic res and absorption is useless since Alduin doesn't use magic.

Alduin FRA.

More AP, Dura advantage, possibly more versatility, resistence to Acno's very debatable and unconfirmed soul manipulation leads to alduin getting the win.

You don't need grace for unanimous

But honestly, most of the votes are based on immortality, which you later restricted, Abstract, which he doesn't have, and many flimsy votes.

Not sure if it's worth adding.

Back