• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ridley (Metroid) Vs. Alduin (Elder Scrolls)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Aldui https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Ridley

Both are 6-C
SSB Ultimate Ridley render
Heh, humans are always so weak to deaths of their own breed! Who knows, perhaps I consumed your "mama" so that my cells may live, hm? Is she here... or here?!

, Speed not equalized and in-character
Alduin
And the Scrolls have foretold, of black wings in the cold,
That when brothers wage war come unfurled!
Alduin, Bane of Kings, ancient shadow unbound,
With a hunger to swallow the world!

Siding with Ridley for his range, mobility, and superior fighting skills in comparison to Alduin. Hell, I'd say he's stronger too.

I'm curious as to how Ridley could be considered more skilled than a deity that's existed for thousands of years?

I'd like to add that Ripley should have a very hard time in actually permenantly damaging Alduin. Given that Ridley doesn't have the means to make Alduin fully understand the concept of mortality like the Dragonborn did with Dragonrend.

There is, of course, Alduin's possibility of Time Stop, which should be considered as well.

The only real glaring advantage I'd give to Ridley is the fact he's... a lot faster. (Superhuman with MHS reflexes and reactions vs. MHS+)

Age doesnt always equate to skill. Dragon rend is only really meant to send alduin to the ground so dragon born can hit him. Ridley wouldnt need that since he can fly

Alduins ap is 23.5 gigatons whilst ridleys is 5.74 which makes alduin five times stronger. However ridley is a few times faster than alduin can react to.

Alduin would likely have to resort to the ground or time stop for his advantage.

Problem is alduins immortality.

Read this post said:
Age doesnt always equate to skill. Dragon rend is only really meant to send alduin to the ground so dragon born can hit him. Ridley wouldnt need that since he can fly
Alduins ap is 23.5 gigatons whilst ridleys is 5.74 which makes alduin five times stronger. However ridley is a few times faster than alduin can react to.

Alduin would likely have to resort to the ground or time stop for his advantage.

Problem is alduins immortality.
Yes, but with age comes some sort of implication of experience, also given his nature as World Eater, it would be hard to say he hasn't been fighting all that time.

Dragonrend forces them to the ground by attacking their very soul, dragons are immortal beings that have no true conception of mortality, the reason Alduin could be harmed was because of him being forced to grasp the concept of mortality by the shout.

Without arguing any points on Ridley's side, I'd say Alduin wins by a landslide... The lore may be inconsistent but I firmly believe daedric princes/gods/divine to be on the Tier 2 level; The fact he both created and defeated Mehrunes Dagon in every confrontation they ever had leads me to believe that he is undoubtedly way too high of a tier for Ridley to ever touch....

Plus, the reason why Alduin has the title of World-Eater?... That's a whole story to go into on its own, but to sum it up he's basically capable of mass universal destruction and creation... Solidifying his spot as a tier 2. (there's also the fact he fought Shor.)

So then, without any shadow of a doubt, I'd vote 100% for Alduin.

Xbon That is a different tier. Im pretty sure that the world eater state is likely an entirely different state than what you see in game. Even the weakest deadric prince should be superior to dragon born. Even clavicus vile said that dragon born was nearly as strong as him without barbus (although we dont know how clavicus was or whether it is considered canon or not). dragonborn himself being deadric prince level is extremely questionable as well.

Read this post said:
Xbon That is a different tier. Im pretty sure that the world eater state is likely an entirely different state than what you see in game. Even the weakest deadric prince should be superior to dragon born. Even clavicus vile said that dragon born was nearly as strong as him without barbus (although we dont know how clavicus was or whether it is considered canon or not). dragonborn himself being deadric prince level is extremely questionable as well.
The argument that Alduin is not at his the world-Eater state is an argument that i have yet to see the evidence to support it. Nearly all of the in-game texts, books and conversations with Paarthunax point to the fact that Alduin was going to destroy the current kalpa. In truth, there's no "denying his role as the World-Eater" Alduin, the only Alduin that exist and canon is the Alduin that we fought in-game, which is the one that was able to destroy kalpa

True. But then again there isnt much to support the latter. Alduin has never been able to just consume the world right there and then. In fact he was even feasting on people in sovnguard to get more powerful. To me it is more likely through preparation.

Edit: you completely missed my point. the point is that he reaches low 2-C over time. He cant do these abilities right away.

There isn't a "World-Eater form" Alduin or anything like that, this is a misconception which people invented because in-game he isn't the Mountain-Sized Kaiju he is in the Lore.

He is reinforced and explicitly stated to be able to devour the World throughout the whole game, and his death reverberated throughout all of Time, as he is a major aspect of it.

Alduin is Low 2-C, period.

I'd rather close this thread, since Alduin's profile is downplayed and barely usable in its current state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back