• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tumma Linna RP Thread

"Oh far worse is waiting once we leave. But let's keep an impression of civility while we're here" Johnson said as he walked away, the group following suit. They eventually came across a taped up building, people in hard hats walking in and out with construction material. Among them however, a man flew down, black wings carrying him from his perch while his hands carried a hammer.

"Claravis, may I take you to lunch? I assume break time is almost coming" Johnson greeted.
Claravis nodded, head bobbing up and down.

"I'll have to take you up on that offer. It's getting late."

"Oh far worse is waiting once we leave. But let's keep an impression of civility while we're here" Johnson said as he walked away, the group following suit.
"So long as he doesn't carry that attitude, I won't be hitting him any time soon..." Fhian crossed her arms, pouting.

They eventually came across a taped up building, people in hard hats walking in and out with construction material. Among them however, a man flew down, black wings carrying him from his perch while his hands carried a hammer.
"Don't tell me this guy is gonna try and kill me..." she muttered to herself, "I've had enough of people doing that to me on a daily f*cking basis..."

Marsh just looked carefully at what Johnson and Claravis were saying, especially because of Claravis's appearance. he had one hand in his jacket pockets, perhaps a hidden knife.

"Don't tell me this guy is gonna try and kill me..." she muttered to herself, "I've had enough of people doing that to me on a daily f*cking basis..."
Marsh just looked carefully at what Johnson and Claravis were saying, especially because of Claravis's appearance. he had one hand in his jacket pockets, perhaps a hidden knife.
The group soon arrived at a restaurant, a bell present by the door which rung when it was opened. For a crime city, one would expect its establishments to be at least a little more shady, perhaps rowdy like the bars back at home or housing dark secrets similar to the hideouts of organized criminals. Yet a nice if not slightly shaky receptionist greeted them, the windows outside allowing light to enter this tidy restaurants where the patrons politely ate their meals.

"Reception for 7 by Mr. Lion" Johnson asked the receptionist, either lying about his name or actually revealing his last name. Nobody there knew the difference.
"R-Right this way" the receptionist greeted, leading the group to one of the bigger tables.

"Now, order only what's enough eat for now. Food waste is, frowned upon in these parts" Johnson explained as he took a seat.
"Now it sounds like I'll be called out for picking out some fancy food." Fhian muttered, sitting around two chairs away from Johnson, but close enough to be with her clean bodyguard— Marsh.

"Jam on bread" Mayel ordered.
"Bread and ham" Caron ordered

(I assume at this point, Fhian would order something other than bread. Rice or potatoes would be a good suggestion)

"Vegetable soup, please." Gideon requested.
"Alright, I will return with your meal shortly" the receptionist said before leaving, allowing the rest of the group to notice that the silence from the patrons around them, nervously looking at them in silence.

"Gossip is, heavily discouraged around here. Do not speak ill of others, whether they're aware of it or not" Johnson explained.

Marsh looked at Johnson, his look saying "Don't you think it's a basic thing that one shouldn't do?"
"It is, at least around here. I just needed to get the others accustomed. I assure you all, it's better to follow the rules for now" Johnson explained

"Well I guess I'll ask then. What is going on here? Everyone here's acting like there's a hostage situation every hour of the day. And all just for being-" Mayel trailed on before quickly getting elbowed by Caron.
"No, it's not a crime to ask. You want to explain, Claravis? Or should I do it?" Johnson asked

"Well I guess I'll ask then. What is going on here? Everyone here's acting like there's a hostage situation every hour of the day. And all just for being-" Mayel trailed on before quickly getting elbowed by Caron.
"No, it's not a crime to ask. You want to explain, Claravis? Or should I do it?" Johnson asked
"It's fine. You can go ahead."

"It's fine. You can go ahead."
"As you know, this place was a bandit's nest. Taken over just a few decades after the Assimilation, it's a hive of scum and wretchedness. Most people that came here didn't have a choice, they were usually hunted down by some other force, unaccepted by society at large which is saying something, or they were forced here, whether brought here as slaves or just had the misfortune of being born. I've read documents of what this place used to be, skin lining the walls, corpses on the sidewalk, old and new, blood dripping from the sky at odd times of the day, usually coinciding with someone's disappearance" Johnson explained, before glancing at Claravis for a moment.

"As you know, this place was a bandit's nest. Taken over just a few decades after the Assimilation, it's a hive of scum and wretchedness. Most people that came here didn't have a choice, they were usually hunted down by some other force, unaccepted by society at large which is saying something, or they were forced here, whether brought here as slaves or just had the misfortune of being born. I've read documents of what this place used to be, skin lining the walls, corpses on the sidewalk, old and new, blood dripping from the sky at odd times of the day, usually coinciding with someone's disappearance" Johnson explained, before glancing at Claravis for a moment.
Fhian almost fell asleep as all she heard was, "Blah, bleach, beach, bitch, bits, blood.."

Blood? At least that got her to wake up somewhat, but then the documents come in and then she goes back to snore snore.

"You'd all do well to listen," Claravis stated blankly, eyes darting place to place, "Any amount of information you hear could be the catalyst of your continued survival."

His tongue clicked.

Marsh listened carefully to the words, he may not be the smartest but he knew that if that was mentioned it was because Johnson wanted to investigate this area so he was possibly giving a warning.

Marsh listened carefully to the words, he may not be the smartest but he knew that if that was mentioned it was because Johnson wanted to investigate this area so he was possibly giving a warning.
Then one day, an explosion was heard. It wasn't uncommon, even when nobody had direct account of what happened there. The panic began a few days later when the elite of the city were found strung up on one of the taller buildings, their skin wrapped around the walls of the clock tower.

Now, there is one rule that applies in every city including this one, do not mess with nobility. And these particular ones? Well without rules, you can do whatever you want to anyone who even slightly inconveniences you. A manhunt soon began, the large bounty attracting some of the most dangerous criminals to this cause. As a response, more people fell to the hands of this... creature.

Day by day, new horrific displays of the wicked were made, the bounty increased, more mercenaries came, and the cycle continued. Eventually, they noticed a pattern. In wherever a rampage occurred, the innocent were spared. There weren't much of them which made the connection easier to make. Rumors soon spread and many attempt to begin a life of normalcy. It wasn't a bad deal, they were now protected rather than hunted.

Those wicked dwindled, while the innocent prospered. Such is the reign of the Night Hunter

Then one day, an explosion was heard. It wasn't uncommon, even when nobody had direct account of what happened there. The panic began a few days later when the elite of the city were found strung up on one of the taller buildings, their skin wrapped around the walls of the clock tower.

Now, there is one rule that applies in every city including this one, do not mess with nobility. And these particular ones? Well without rules, you can do whatever you want to anyone who even slightly inconveniences you. A manhunt soon began, the large bounty attracting some of the most dangerous criminals to this cause. As a response, more people fell to the hands of this... creature.

Day by day, new horrific displays of the wicked were made, the bounty increased, more mercenaries came, and the cycle continued. Eventually, they noticed a pattern. In wherever a rampage occurred, the innocent were spared. There weren't much of them which made the connection easier to make. Rumors soon spread and many attempt to begin a life of normalcy. It wasn't a bad deal, they were now protected rather than hunted.

Those wicked dwindled, while the innocent prospered. Such is the reign of the Night Hunter
"Ayo?" Fhian made an 😲 face.

Claravis looked at the news and chuckled, making sure no one heard him do so. "Someone gave those damn nobles a warning. Hell, if I had the power to do it, I might have myself. But... I just can't shake the feeling that this won't last. Something is bound to go wrong. Something is going to get worse."

Marsh listened carefully to the information, internally he was happy that the nobles and those people were be killed by him but well, he had a feeling that they would meet this Night hunter and it wouldn't be pretty.

"And that's what we're here for, to deal with this reign of terror" Johnson explained, suddenly earning the attention and terror of the people around them. Some hushed whispering could be heard with some patrons and employees leaving the place quietly

"And that's what we're here for, to deal with this reign of terror" Johnson explained, suddenly earning the attention and terror of the people around them. Some hushed whispering could be heard with some patrons and employees leaving the place quietly
"Bruh..." though she was sorta interested in dealing with this, not again with the clothes getting dirty. Though having a bunch of people see her slay this thing would give her some estacy to sniff on, just smiling at that thought.

"Bruh..." though she was sorta interested in dealing with this, not again with the clothes getting dirty. Though having a bunch of people see her slay this thing would give her some ecstasy to sniff on, just smiling at that thought.
Lights began to flicker and dim as more patrons left, footsteps being heard from behind them. Johnson quickly raised his hand, a signal to stand down until further notice, a scoff being heard from the dark.

"You know, spreading misinformation is a crime" a voice was heard from the dark.

Lights began to flicker and dim as more patrons left, footsteps being heard from behind them. Johnson quickly raised his hand, a signal to stand down until further notice, a scoff being heard from the dark.

"You know, spreading misinformation is a crime" a voice was heard from the dark.
"Ehhh?" Fhian looked behind her to check, slightly trembling, "At least don't stain my clothes..."

"I'm pretty sure vandalism is too, and you seem to have just messed up the lighting here."

"I'm pretty sure vandalism is too, and you seem to have just messed up the lighting here."
"No Claravis, I don't think this is a vandal" Johnson said fearfully, noticing a humanoid figure exiting the darkness. He was rather tall and gangly, his skin pale and his eyes black. His armor was light, hidden by leather robes though retractable claws were quite noticeable on his hands.

"Johnson and I are acquaintances you see. He was amongst those mercenaries who hunted me down" the night hunter explained, showing his bounty poster with a stamp of the Macabre Militia.
"Survived each and every one. I must applaud his will to live... and pity his stupidity" he continued, encircling Johnson like a scavenger encircling a carcass.
"His companions however, not so lucky. That will be quite the talk if this encounter turns out to be the one" his raised claws showed a reflection of the group as he stopped his pacing.
"I know you won't just give in. So let me explain your rights..." his claws now aimed at them.

"You've given them away the moment you stepped foot here". He felt a tap on said claw, prompting him to look to his side. There Mayel stood, despite another glance revealing him to still be sitting where he was.

"Not bad, have you considered being a motivational speaker?" he said, an arm stabbing him from the other side, revealing Mayel to be standing there as well. The night hunter's scream of pain turned to laughter, followed by a sharp stab.
"Of course. First advice..." he said, raising the clown up while he was still impaled to his opponent's claws.

"Two can play this game!". Mayel was smashed through the table, prompting everyone to quickly back up, getting ready for this fight

Back