• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tumma Linna RP Registration

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Premise

Mankind has spent a good portion of their time in simple bliss. Mighty soldiers fighting off evil beings they don't understand in a so-called Great War. Other forms of power were slowly being developed though nobody was in a rush to do so. After all, even the goddess of life itself was on their side, what more could they want?

For unknown reasons, it all changed one day. Perhaps She grew sick of all the wanton death and destruction going on. Perhaps She had a quarrel with death itself. Perhaps She grew tired of how humanity is handling the war. Whatever it was, it caused the disastrous event known as the Assimilation. Many of the other gods were slain as Elämää, goddess of life, established herself as the one true goddess worthy of worship.

Either a direct result or simply a side-effect of her takeover, life itself began to mutate sporadically, creating monsters constantly evolving to survive. The dead also begin to rise, either to counteract life's increased presence or simply due to the fact that they found an opening to strike. Many Lifegivers struggled with this change in the status quo and while some had questions, others doubled down in their fanaticism and burned down any dissenters who dare to challenge this norm.

Centuries passed and not much changed for the better. Governments regressed to a state of rampant corruption while the common man starved in poverty should they live long enough to survive the many monster attacks. Cultists continue to develop new deadly ways to rival one another. And any spark of hope was either buried or burned down by Life's Crusaders.

Such is the world of Tumma Linna

Rules
1. Characters can follow the character creation guidelines or just be one of the sapient creatures or a member of an organization
2. If you're playing as a Lifegiver, you do have options for subclasses
3. In order to encourage a collaborative worldbuilding effort, I'm putting a requirement on character making. Your first character is free but any more and you will need to contribute. For every 2 pages of worldbuilding (For example, a creature, an organization, a class or sub-class, etc), you can make one more character
4. To encourage horror of the unknown, please PM me these pages instead of posting them here to prevent others from getting details from these pages' lore and spoiling themselves. Then I'll decide to publicize it, keep it a secret, or reject it
5. Whenever a creature encounter happens, I'll PM the creator of the creature and discuss how it'll go before I post the encounter. It's to keep the creature's creator a secret and avoid any prodding for them
6. Please do not reveal any details on your creations that are made to remain private to anyone else as it may ruin the experience for others

Finished characters will be posted here

for those in the know which is very little, this is heavily based off MÖRK BORG

I'll probably join when I get the chance to make a profile. But right now I'm kinda caught up in Finals and school stuff.

OK so here's the thing. A good portion of the fey's lore I mostly based off IRL depictions of fey with them having a set of rules that they tend to exploit to get what they want. Essentially users of their power will do the same and exploit loopholes in order to get what they want. So being a longtime fey patron with free will simply means they're really good with their how they act and talk

So, mind manip resistance should go or at the very least, change the justification
Why do you always make OCs with really simplistic and generic names?

So them being an escapee from the fey does explain how batshit OP they seem and they can probably have some really good ways to develop.

If only you were more active in discord. But, this'll do just fine

OK so here's the thing. A good portion of the fey's lore I mostly based off IRL depictions of fey with them having a set of rules that they tend to exploit to get what they want. Essentially users of their power will do the same and exploit loopholes in order to get what they want. So being a longtime fey patron with free will simply means they're really good with their how they act and talk

So, mind manip resistance should go or at the very least, change the justification
I could change it to social influencing and/or a resistance to possession, perhaps?

I could change it to social influencing and/or a resistance to possession, perhaps?
Eh, not exactly. First off, they're using Social Influencing on their patron so they're also doing the tricking. Second, their method of control is via reality warping, something that shouldn't have a resistance to

I'll go with a Mucksucking Vermin named Claravis, who would also have Flight via large, feathered wings.
Tier: 9-C
Name:
Varies
Origin: Tumma Linna
Classification: Human
Powers and Abilities: Peak Human Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery, Stealth Mastery, Preparation (Trained to set up ambushes. Proficient Mucksucking Vermin have been known to perform elaborate heists or stalk their targets even in broad daylight without getting caught), Poison Manipulation (Able to make poisons), Camouflage (Able to use their surroundings to hide themselves such as mud, leaves, and even manure. Effective even against those with Enhanced Senses), Pressure Points (Knows where to attack to make their opponents bleed or hurt the most), Social Influencing (Knowledgeable on intimidation tactics. Can make use of bribery and blackmail), Flight via wings, Resistance to Social Influencing (Can usually see through their opponent's bluff. Are unaffected by intimidation), and Empathic Manipulation (Due to their painful upbringing, they are often unable to experience elevated emotions other than fear)
Attack Potency: Street Level (Have been known to shatter locks. Can break bones with even their bare punches. Superior to the average Vermin)
Speed: Peak Human (Can outrun most soldiers) with at least Subsonic combat speed (Can fight off enemies that can dodge crossbow bolts) and higher reactions
Lifting Strength: Athletic Human (Can restrain most people and escape grapples from soldiers)
Striking Strength: Street Level
Durability:
Street Level (Can get into brawls against other Mucksucking Vermin. Has survived getting mauled by police dogs)
Stamina: Peak Human (Able to stay awake for weeks on end. Regularly survives brutal beatdowns from law enforcers. Can withstand days of torture until yielding)
Range: Standard Melee Range, Tens of Meters to Hundreds of Meters with ranged weapons
Standard Equipment: Various melee and ranged weapons, primarily knives
Optional Equipment
  • Bottles of Poison
  • A sack of coins
Intelligence: Above Average

Weaknesses: None Notable

Tier: 9-C
Name:
Varies
Origin: Tumma Linna
Classification: Human
Powers and Abilities: Peak Human Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery, Stealth Mastery, Preparation (Trained to set up ambushes. Proficient Mucksucking Vermin have been known to perform elaborate heists or stalk their targets even in broad daylight without getting caught), Poison Manipulation (Able to make poisons), Camouflage (Able to use their surroundings to hide themselves such as mud, leaves, and even manure. Effective even against those with Enhanced Senses), Pressure Points (Knows where to attack to make their opponents bleed or hurt the most), Social Influencing (Knowledgeable on intimidation tactics. Can make use of bribery and blackmail), Flight via wings, Resistance to Social Influencing (Can usually see through their opponent's bluff. Are unaffected by intimidation), and Empathic Manipulation (Due to their painful upbringing, they are often unable to experience elevated emotions other than fear)
Attack Potency: Street Level (Have been known to shatter locks. Can break bones with even their bare punches. Superior to the average Vermin)
Speed: Peak Human (Can outrun most soldiers) with at least Subsonic combat speed (Can fight off enemies that can dodge crossbow bolts) and higher reactions
Lifting Strength: Athletic Human (Can restrain most people and escape grapples from soldiers)
Striking Strength: Street Level
Durability:
Street Level (Can get into brawls against other Mucksucking Vermin. Has survived getting mauled by police dogs)
Stamina: Peak Human (Able to stay awake for weeks on end. Regularly survives brutal beatdowns from law enforcers. Can withstand days of torture until yielding)
Range: Standard Melee Range, Tens of Meters to Hundreds of Meters with ranged weapons
Standard Equipment: Various melee and ranged weapons, primarily knives
Optional Equipment
  • Bottles of Poison
  • A sack of coins
Intelligence: Above Average

Weaknesses: None Notable
Sure, I'll turn that into a page

Back